Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Discussion Forum and Moved Posts

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 months ago by ArizonaDream.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Wyomissing, PA
United States
Member #161050
November 15, 2014
301 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2016, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Moving posts from the general Lottery Discussion forum to other forums, such as Jackpot Games, stifles discussion, since many readers view the main forum only. It's understandable the desire to organize the forums, but comes with a trade-off in less visibility and reduced dialogue.

Consider relaxing the criteria for moving posts out of the Lottery Discussion forum. Another option is allowing cross-posting (back in the day, newsgroups had this feature), but I've never seen any web based forum software offer that. But I digress.

Posters who experience their post(s) being moved for the reason of categorization, may be less likely to post in the future and/or reduce the effort they put into their messages.

It's not as if the general Lottery Discussion forum is swamped. A simple, quick-fix that can increase capacity is increasing the default page view from 25 to 50 or even 100. More topics a reader can easily see at once / without clicking, the more posts will be viewed leading to more overall activity. May not be the most organized, but easier for readers - and generate more revenue...

Every forum is unique, so perhaps this wouldn't be the case for Lottery Post, but something worth researching; visiting other very active forums to see what approaches they use to manage topics.

This is a minor suggestion, and if you choose to keep it all as is, so be it. Thanks again for Lottery Post - very worthwhile and interesting website.

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49627 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2016, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

On any Forum people need to exercise common sense Forum Posting Etiquette, and if followed by the Members their will be no need to relocate threads to the appropriate Forum.

http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23259 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2016, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Moving posts from the general Lottery Discussion forum to other forums, such as Jackpot Games, stifles discussion, since many readers view the main forum only. It's understandable the desire to organize the forums, but comes with a trade-off in less visibility and reduced dialogue.

Consider relaxing the criteria for moving posts out of the Lottery Discussion forum. Another option is allowing cross-posting (back in the day, newsgroups had this feature), but I've never seen any web based forum software offer that. But I digress.

Posters who experience their post(s) being moved for the reason of categorization, may be less likely to post in the future and/or reduce the effort they put into their messages.

It's not as if the general Lottery Discussion forum is swamped. A simple, quick-fix that can increase capacity is increasing the default page view from 25 to 50 or even 100. More topics a reader can easily see at once / without clicking, the more posts will be viewed leading to more overall activity. May not be the most organized, but easier for readers - and generate more revenue...

Every forum is unique, so perhaps this wouldn't be the case for Lottery Post, but something worth researching; visiting other very active forums to see what approaches they use to manage topics.

This is a minor suggestion, and if you choose to keep it all as is, so be it. Thanks again for Lottery Post - very worthwhile and interesting website.

I disagree, but I appreciate you posting your thoughts.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #104962
        January 23, 2011
        1075 Posts
        Posted: January 17, 2016, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I absolutely Agree.  I have noticed that most topics when moved to jackpot games often end up bottoming out pretty quickly right after.

Trump 2016!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5588 Posts
          Posted: January 28, 2016, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

I absolutely Agree.  I have noticed that most topics when moved to jackpot games often end up bottoming out pretty quickly right after.

You DO realize that if a post  is about a jackpot game then regardless of how quick it may bottom out, it still belongs in the jackpot forum?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #104962
            January 23, 2011
            1075 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2016, 10:12 am - IP Logged

You DO realize that if a post  is about a jackpot game then regardless of how quick it may bottom out, it still belongs in the jackpot forum?

You must of missed the part about "lottery discussion"  jackpot games are still a lottery!

Trump 2016!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5588 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2016, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

You must of missed the part about "lottery discussion"  jackpot games are still a lottery!

Nope...didn't miss it. There is a forum just for......jackpot games!

Simple.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49627 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2016, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

On any Forum people need to exercise common sense Forum Posting Etiquette, and if followed by the Members their will be no need to relocate threads to the appropriate Forum.

http://forum-services-review.toptenreviews.com/25-forum-posting-etiquette-tips.html

Maybe this will help: https://www.lotterypost.com/rules

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                  Member #169277
                  October 10, 2015
                  630 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2016, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed that as well.  The discussion posts get lost among all the number picking/prediction threads. 

I also notice that many jackpot discussions are actually left in the general lottery discussion area (most of the recent PB discussions for example)

What about having a Jackpot discussion forum along-side a Jackpot numbers forum?  If all jackpot discussions got moved/directed to the new forum, there's be enough traffic to justify creating the new section and hopefully keep the discussions there lively.