Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What people do with winning lotteries is up to them? Something to think about

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 11 months ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #153774
March 24, 2014
853 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2016, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Okay.  So I talked to my dad who is a retired acct from the city of Philadelphia.   He does know many things about budgets,  money matters,  takes up accountant meetings, etc.

See during tax time he gets a question often asked when he did taxes.  My sister would come up to him and say "Hey my girlfriend is getting $15,000 back on her refund."  That is rediculous.  Why am I not getting it back?  My dads answer is this.  Let me see the return and I will tell you. 

My dad is correct.  Correct on about the tennessee family.  No one knows behind their story.  You can't assume anything and don't know their incomes before the big hit and after. 

One of the members stated that they're idiots for about not doing a fund.  But honestly no one knows and the media needs to mind their business too.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
    Member #93164
    June 23, 2010
    1316 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2016, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Taxes are due on every April 15th of every year.

Arizona
      United States
      Member #165073
      March 24, 2015
      220 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2016, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

See during tax time he gets a question often asked when he did taxes.  My sister would come up to him and say "Hey my girlfriend is getting $15,000 back on her refund."  That is rediculous.  Why am I not getting it back?  My dads answer is this.  Let me see the return and I will tell you. 

A refund of $15,000 means that her withholding is set way too high. It also means that she gave the government an interest-free loan of $15,000 for the past year. Ideally, a tax refund should be as close to zero as possible.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5590 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2016, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Taxes are due on every April 15th of every year.

The day taxes are due wasn't the point of the post.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)