Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Topic on Money Won

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 12 months ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5906 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2016, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

I was just wondering about something dealing with the lottery...do any of you ever have a problem getting your money after you win

for example  if you win 4 or 5 hundred on pic 3 or pic 4 do you have trouble getting it...seems like most little stores would run out of money and couldnt afford to pay for any winners.

do they pay pic 3 winners will pic 3 money only..

same with pic 4 if you win only get paid with pic 4 money wagered..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5762 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2016, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

I was just wondering about something dealing with the lottery...do any of you ever have a problem getting your money after you win

for example  if you win 4 or 5 hundred on pic 3 or pic 4 do you have trouble getting it...seems like most little stores would run out of money and couldnt afford to pay for any winners.

LOL. Wish I could answer that by personal experience.

Actually, the little c-store where I usually buy my tics can't pay out $500. A few years ago I won $400 or $500 and she had me come back later because she had to go to the bank to get cash. I understand they don't want to keep a lot of cash around for safety. The last couple times I had a sizable win I just go to the Tom Thumb grocery store because they always have enough cash on hand.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1279 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2016, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

You can buy lottery tickets anywhere: however, if you win more than $25.00 you better go to a major grocery store to collect.  Gas stations and convenience stores usually don't keep cash available to pay winnings more than that.  I guess they're tired of getting robbed.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3316 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2016, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

here the float is $500 so theyre  sposed to have $500 to payout and are required to pay no more, but can , if they want and the store has enough takings to cover the payout. it also states the store can pay out; at its own discretion, upto $5k. but i have had to go in to lotto HQ to collect a $1600 win once. and at another time had the $1600 paid on the spot.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2016, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I always ask if they can cash it, especially if it's a convenience store. They seem to appreciate it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Arizona
            United States
            Member #165073
            March 24, 2015
            220 Posts
            Posted: January 24, 2016, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

A few years back, I won $400, and the convenience store where I bought the ticket couldn't cash it. The clerk suggested I try the grocery store down the street; they had no trouble.

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #140684
              March 24, 2013
              566 Posts
              Posted: January 24, 2016, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

In the UK for medium sized wins you have to go to a post office and they give you £500 cash and cut you a cheque for the rest (not like I have ever won that much unfortunately...)

I did have a bit of trouble a few years back on a £50 win, the local shop I went to was a bit annoyed since I guess he didn't have much in his till at the time so I just went next door to a grocery store...

It seems like small independent stores hate you taking their money out of their till haha.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

grwurston's avatar - 144
                Let's Go Rangers!!!
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                5123 Posts
                Posted: January 24, 2016, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

I always ask if they can cash it, especially if it's a convenience store. They seem to appreciate it.

I always ask first too. It avoids them scanning the ticket and then saying they can't cash it. Cause once it's scanned you can't go any where else because it will show up as having been cashed, but I am not 100% sure on that.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                  mississippi
                  United States
                  Member #34478
                  March 3, 2006
                  5906 Posts
                  Posted: January 24, 2016, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

I always ask first too. It avoids them scanning the ticket and then saying they can't cash it. Cause once it's scanned you can't go any where else because it will show up as having been cashed, but I am not 100% sure on that.

Well I was just wondering...back in 1990 I think it was..maybe 1991..I won $3600.00 on Floridas Lotto...missed 10 million by one number...I was so mad..but I did hit 5 out of six and I had to go to Tallahassee to get it..but it was worth the trip...lol

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7344 Posts
                    Posted: January 24, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

The first time I hit the a pick-4 number 50 cent straight/box for $2600 in Ohio, a bank teller decided to make it difficult. There was a $10 fee the teller wanted up front and lucky for me the manager came over and told the teller to pay me $2590 before things got nasty. The Ohio Lottery changed banks making it much easier when I won $5000 and really easy when I cashed three $5000 tickets because the bank notarize the claims form.

There was a Mom and Pop store that cashed ten pick-3 straight winners. He said "I'll be right back" and went next door to the bank. I don't know what their max was but it probably depended on the bank being open.

The KY Lottery has Cashing Agents that pay up to $5000 on the spot or more on multiple pick-4 winning tickets if you call before and make arrangements. I cashed three $400 box tickets with no questions asked and once on a Sunday morning. In most states, chain grocery store will cash winning tickets $600 and under and multiple tickets valued over $600.

rustysmom's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                      ohio
                      United States
                      Member #706
                      September 14, 2002
                      727 Posts
                      Posted: January 25, 2016, 8:43 am - IP Logged

The first time I hit the a pick-4 number 50 cent straight/box for $2600 in Ohio, a bank teller decided to make it difficult. There was a $10 fee the teller wanted up front and lucky for me the manager came over and told the teller to pay me $2590 before things got nasty. The Ohio Lottery changed banks making it much easier when I won $5000 and really easy when I cashed three $5000 tickets because the bank notarize the claims form.

There was a Mom and Pop store that cashed ten pick-3 straight winners. He said "I'll be right back" and went next door to the bank. I don't know what their max was but it probably depended on the bank being open.

The KY Lottery has Cashing Agents that pay up to $5000 on the spot or more on multiple pick-4 winning tickets if you call before and make arrangements. I cashed three $400 box tickets with no questions asked and once on a Sunday morning. In most states, chain grocery store will cash winning tickets $600 and under and multiple tickets valued over $600.

Ohio  stores can cash up to $599., But most can't, so I always ask first. some will have it posted if they only cash $100  or $200, some will pay more ,but by money order not cash. more than $599 - $5000 you can cash at certain banks.($10 charge).

My mom won $1000. in pa. she collected at grocery store, but asked first.

United States
                        Member #172489
                        January 26, 2016
                        43 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2016, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Here anything over $600 has to be claimed at the lottery office.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3316 Posts
                          Posted: January 28, 2016, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

So i read the back of my ticket, poor eyes, and the claim for ( at the agents discretion ) here in my Australian town is $8000. ie we can claim anonymously upto $8k here. but  thats only  because  there are a lot of slot machines here. and every bar has slot machines now. would just need to claim at one of the busy / popular ones and there would be 15 min wait while the safe unlocks, and off I go!

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7344 Posts
                            Posted: January 28, 2016, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Ohio  stores can cash up to $599., But most can't, so I always ask first. some will have it posted if they only cash $100  or $200, some will pay more ,but by money order not cash. more than $599 - $5000 you can cash at certain banks.($10 charge).

My mom won $1000. in pa. she collected at grocery store, but asked first.

Even if it's at a large chain store, it's always better to ask first.