Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Creating Private Pools for different Games on LP.

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 7 months ago by ProfessorChaos.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
frenchie's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
Los Angeles
United States
Member #75410
June 2, 2009
479 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2016, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

I went to the chat room today been curious, I really liked it, and it gave me an idea.

I was on for maybe 15 mn and I 've got disconnected about 7 times I think, that was very irritating, I don't know if it was from my side or yours ?

I saw some other members been disconnected as well so I don't know.

The idea is : Could you create on LP different size pools of 4 - 8 or even 20 people ?

To join the pool each member would have to pay a ( monthly fee ), like this if the want to step out they wont be looked in for to long.

Each pool will have a captain that would decide who he want in his team.

According to the captain's name, members will put their name below on a list to join.

Members could join multiple pools ( 4 Max ).

No money would be exchange for playing the tickets people would play on they own his share of tickets according to who will play what

and will post the ticket played on the site, of course by joining the pool each member will agree to some contract rules

The reason why I post this, is because I was in a pool, we were about 12 members, and it last about 3 months before it end, and towards the end

of those 3 months, we've miss the 5/5 about 3 times with the system we were using, if the pool would have lived longer, personally I'm 100% sure

that we would have hit it, multiple time, but the pool dissolved before it happen !!!

So if you consider this idea a good one, then it can easily happen again, and make this site even more popular.

Thank you Todd.

Regards.

Frenchie.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1707 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2016, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

I went to the chat room today been curious, I really liked it, and it gave me an idea.

I was on for maybe 15 mn and I 've got disconnected about 7 times I think, that was very irritating, I don't know if it was from my side or yours ?

The idea is : Could you create on LP different size pools of 4 - 8 or even 20 people ?

To join the pool each member would have to pay a ( monthly fee ), like this if the want to step out they wont be looked in for to long.

According to the captain's name, members will put their name below on a list to join.

No money would be exchange for playing the tickets people would play on they own his share of tickets according to who will play what

and will post the ticket played on the site, of course by joining the pool each member will agree to some contract rules

The reason why I post this, is because I was in a pool, we were about 12 members, and it last about 3 months before it end, and towards the end

of those 3 months, we've miss the 5/5 about 3 times with the system we were using, if the pool would have lived longer, personally I'm 100% sure

that we would have hit it, multiple time, but the pool dissolved before it happen !!!

So if you consider this idea a good one, then it can easily happen again, and make this site even more popular.

Thank you Todd.

Regards.

What is the point of forming a pool, if everyone is still going to play their own numbers ?? Are you borrowing numbers from other people to play, as your own ???  We can do this already, using the the Forums and the Prediction Board.

In any case, Lottery Post is not a gambling site.  It is a site for the exchange of information relative to the game of lottery, which we can do well enough, without forming pools on Lottery Post.

I would be surprised if Todd agreed to do this.

Los Angeles
      United States
      Member #75410
      June 2, 2009
      479 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2016, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

What is the point of forming a pool, if everyone is still going to play their own numbers ?? Are you borrowing numbers from other people to play, as your own ???  We can do this already, using the the Forums and the Prediction Board.

In any case, Lottery Post is not a gambling site.  It is a site for the exchange of information relative to the game of lottery, which we can do well enough, without forming pools on Lottery Post.

I would be surprised if Todd agreed to do this.

You didn't understand or I didn't explain myself right.People will not play their own numbers.

The pool would discuss about the value to use in the software, what ever need to be talk about, etc... and come to a conclusion that everybody agree on.

Using something like the Chat Room.

( It's against the law to send money to gamble ) that's why, I said that everyone would play the numbers sets that everybody agree with.

For example let say we end up with $20 tickets to play and it's a pool of 4 people, then each member will play 5 tickets each.

1st members will play the first 5 tickets from 1 to 5, the 2nd member will play the tickets from 6 to 10, etc...

I don't need to use the prediction board, I play my own tickets with my own system.

I never said LP is a gambling site, will would exchange information relative to a game that we would agree on, the play part is made by separate individual.

It's like many people do in company they get together, everyone put let say $5 each end up with $100  and by quick pick, same idea with a system strategy.

But instead of been in the same company we are spread around the US so it need a common meeting point.

If Todd do not agreed, that will not be a problem at all for me, I'm just throwing a new idea, that's all.

They reason I'm posting this idea is to make lottery game more exiting to play, and been a team would make it more consistent for the people involve.

At least that's what I think.

Frenchie.

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1707 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2016, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

You didn't understand or I didn't explain myself right.People will not play their own numbers.

The pool would discuss about the value to use in the software, what ever need to be talk about, etc... and come to a conclusion that everybody agree on.

( It's against the law to send money to gamble ) that's why, I said that everyone would play the numbers sets that everybody agree with.

For example let say we end up with $20 tickets to play and it's a pool of 4 people, then each member will play 5 tickets each.

1st members will play the first 5 tickets from 1 to 5, the 2nd member will play the tickets from 6 to 10, etc...

I don't need to use the prediction board, I play my own tickets with my own system.

I never said LP is a gambling site, will would exchange information relative to a game that we would agree on, the play part is made by separate individual.

It's like many people do in company they get together, everyone put let say $5 each end up with $100  and by quick pick, same idea with a system strategy.

But instead of been in the same company we are spread around the US so it need a common meeting point.

If Todd do not agreed, that will not be a problem at all for me, I'm just throwing a new idea, that's all.

They reason I'm posting this idea is to make lottery game more exiting to play, and been a team would make it more consistent for the people involve.

According to your concept of a "pool", if I am a member of the "pool", and the numbers that I play are the winning numbers, are the other members of the "pool" entitled to part of the money $$$ from my winning numbers, that I played with my own money ???

Los Angeles
          United States
          Member #75410
          June 2, 2009
          479 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2016, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Of course their are, playing the tickets separately is to not have to send money to one person. since I believe it's illegal to send money via

PayPal or other for gambling, so each member will play their share of the game and if there is a winning ticket it will be spread by the amount

of pool members.

Frenchie.

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #18322
            July 9, 2005
            1707 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2016, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Of course their are, playing the tickets separately is to not have to send money to one person. since I believe it's illegal to send money via

PayPal or other for gambling, so each member will play their share of the game and if there is a winning ticket it will be spread by the amount

of pool members.

I can't see the logic in spending my money to purchase winning tickets, and then splitting the money with a group of random strangers, who did not financially contribute to the win.   If you think that the "pool" agreeing to play a certain group of numbers, is sufficient justification for splitting the jackpot from my winning ticket,  you're wrong !!! I could just as easily use someone's prediction numbers here on LP and play those numbers.  Then if I win, you think that I should contact Maddog for example, and offer him part of the jackpot, b/c I played  his PB/MM numbers with my money ??  The exchange of information between LP Members is intended to be FREE, therefore, Your logic escapes me !!!

Los Angeles
              United States
              Member #75410
              June 2, 2009
              479 Posts
              Posted: January 27, 2016, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I can't see the logic in spending my money to purchase winning tickets, and then splitting the money with a group of random strangers, who did not financially contribute to the win.   If you think that the "pool" agreeing to play a certain group of numbers, is sufficient justification for splitting the jackpot from my winning ticket,  you're wrong !!! I could just as easily use someone's prediction numbers here on LP and play those numbers.  Then if I win, you think that I should contact Maddog for example, and offer him part of the jackpot, b/c I played  his PB/MM numbers with my money ??  The exchange of information between LP Members is intended to be FREE, therefore, Your logic escapes me !!!

Obviously you didn't understand at all the concept of the pool system, I'm sure all the other members got it, I'm done talking to you.

I hope you the best , and to win the big one, soon with your system.

Regards.

Frenchie.

Los Angeles
                United States
                Member #75410
                June 2, 2009
                479 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2016, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Any thoughts !

Frenchie.

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
                  Member #51269
                  April 3, 2007
                  529 Posts
                  Posted: February 7, 2016, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Thank you Todd.

Regards.

Hmm.  A couple of things wrong here...

"each member would have to pay a ( monthly fee )"

To whom?  In any case, I do believe this qualifies as a gambling ring, which is a federal crime.  Good luck not dropping the soap.

"No money would be exchange for playing the tickets people would play on they own his share of tickets according to who will play what and will post the ticket played on the site, of course by joining the pool each member will agree to some contract rules."

How could you possibly trust total strangers with this?

"The reason why I post this, is because I was in a pool, we were about 12 members, and it last about 3 months before it end, and towards the end  of those 3 months, we've miss the 5/5 about 3 times with the system we were using, if the pool would have lived longer, personally I'm 100% sure that we would have hit it, multiple time, but the pool dissolved before it happen !!!"

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense.  Just take out a loan and do it yourself, if you're 100% sure.

Don't pool your money.  Don't join any lotto group.  Fly solo.  It's the safest way.  People are too untrustworthy; especially, when it comes to money.  The BEST thing you could do is share your ideas here to see if anyone smarter than you will come along and pick it apart.  Then you'll know and thus have the power to switch gears and go in another direction; instead of, you know, the insanity of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I look forward to seeing your thread.Patriot

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                    Brooklyn, NY
                    United States
                    Member #169723
                    October 29, 2015
                    879 Posts
                    Posted: February 15, 2016, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Obviously you didn't understand at all the concept of the pool system, I'm sure all the other members got it, I'm done talking to you.

I hope you the best , and to win the big one, soon with your system.

Regards.

I got what you said / meant frenchie.

What you were suggesting would be the same type of a pool you would create in an office or with friends. Everyone, instead of kicking in their $2 into the "pool", would buy 1 ticket and post it into the "pool" to show that they bought their one ticket. 

If any member of the "pool" ticket was to win, everyone in the "pool" would split the winnings.

Your idea wasn't that hard to understand. I don't think it would go over very well since everyone doesn't who everyone else is, besides their room name. It's not like you work or live nearby.

Good idea though.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Los Angeles
                      United States
                      Member #75410
                      June 2, 2009
                      479 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2016, 2:18 am - IP Logged

Thanks TMm2005, I'm still waiting on Todd's response, I'm sure he read this message but for some reason he is not responding !

What could be done also is to create this pool system with no money involve, just having groups of people communicating within

each other as a team on a private chat room, and posting the result of their predictions in the prediction section link.

That could be done and it would be completely fine for everyone.

Just another suggestion, Because TO ME having some kind of pool system would be first of all more interesting and I believe also

better results, this is my opinion !

Because, I remember when I was in the pool with RL and 12 other guys we were getting pretty good results, as a group and I don't

get the same when I do my prediction alone.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that, that's all.

Frenchie.

backwoods ga
                        United States
                        Member #155844
                        May 31, 2014
                        1896 Posts
                        Posted: March 16, 2016, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Any thoughts !

Look up pick 3 solutions on YouTube

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

On The Edge of Infinity
                          United States
                          Member #160681
                          November 4, 2014
                          52 Posts
                          Posted: April 14, 2016, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I understood.  I think it is a good idea.   Since it is difficult to trust others, I think we need some sort of litmus test first.  I don't want too many greenies in my pool.  I would like to have some very good players.What system are you planning on using?  What system were you using when you almost hit 5/5?  We will need contractual agreements and might even need to hire a lawyer.  We would also need a good mathematician.   Who on LP would you choose to be in your syndicate?  Are you proposing a pool for MM or PB?  As those are in every state,  your idea of buying and posting images of the ticket is valid.  With certain cutoff times in place for posting.  How about a private group on FB?  Or some other website that can elucidate with transparency  while maintaining a high level of exclusivity.   I am currently in a family pool.  I am willing to join another pool for more coverage of numbers.

You can respond here or by PM. 

Good Luck.

In lotto breaking even is winning- Gail Howard

Los Angeles
                            United States
                            Member #75410
                            June 2, 2009
                            479 Posts
                            Posted: April 19, 2016, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I understood.  I think it is a good idea.   Since it is difficult to trust others, I think we need some sort of litmus test first.  I don't want too many greenies in my pool.  I would like to have some very good players.What system are you planning on using?  What system were you using when you almost hit 5/5?  We will need contractual agreements and might even need to hire a lawyer.  We would also need a good mathematician.   Who on LP would you choose to be in your syndicate?  Are you proposing a pool for MM or PB?  As those are in every state,  your idea of buying and posting images of the ticket is valid.  With certain cutoff times in place for posting.  How about a private group on FB?  Or some other website that can elucidate with transparency  while maintaining a high level of exclusivity.   I am currently in a family pool.  I am willing to join another pool for more coverage of numbers.

You can respond here or by PM. 

Good Luck.

Since it is difficult to trust others.                                    Agree.

I think we need some sort of litmus test first

I don't want too many greenies in my pool.                       No Agree 100% green, would slow the pool down, need player that understand the software and had                                                                                         used it for some time.

I would like to have some very good players.                    Yes of course.

What system are you planning on using?                           PB and or MM after playing blanc will see which one we better at ?

What system were you using when you almost hit 5/5?     MM

I'm not the only one who say it, RL the creator of the software and also the captain of the pool at that time.

Read the post :

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/288293/4123916

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/288293/4124097

We will need contractual agreements and

might even need to hire a lawyer.                                        Yes

We would also need a good mathematician.                         That could help, but finding a formula base on Randomness is impossible but smart educated guess                                                                                           with some formulas yes.

Who on LP would you choose to be in your syndicate?           ?

Are you proposing a pool for MM or PB?                                Personally I like MM better because the bets are at $1 PB at $2 so it reduce the set by half but the                                                                                            selection might be a little bit easier with PB because of 69 balls instead of 75 then the Lex digits                                                                                              will repeat more often than MM game.

your idea of buying and posting images of the ticket is valid. Todd hasn't respond to this tread for some reason, so it would not happen on LP, I suggest that                                                                                                this pool should be on a separate private site.

With certain cut off times in place for posting.                       Right after the closing of the games and before the the draw ? if we would do it ?

How about a private group on FB?                                         Yes, since no one here are interested, Not FB just private website.
                            Or some other website that can elucidate with

transparency  while maintaining a high level of exclusivity 

Those are my answers to your questions, hope it help ?

Frenchie.

On The Edge of Infinity
                              United States
                              Member #160681
                              November 4, 2014
                              52 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2016, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Since it is difficult to trust others.                                    Agree.

I think we need some sort of litmus test first

I don't want too many greenies in my pool.                       No Agree 100% green, would slow the pool down, need player that understand the software and had                                                                                         used it for some time.

I would like to have some very good players.                    Yes of course.

What system are you planning on using?                           PB and or MM after playing blanc will see which one we better at ?

What system were you using when you almost hit 5/5?     MM

I'm not the only one who say it, RL the creator of the software and also the captain of the pool at that time.

Read the post :

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/288293/4123916

https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/288293/4124097

We will need contractual agreements and

might even need to hire a lawyer.                                        Yes

We would also need a good mathematician.                         That could help, but finding a formula base on Randomness is impossible but smart educated guess                                                                                           with some formulas yes.

Who on LP would you choose to be in your syndicate?           ?

Are you proposing a pool for MM or PB?                                Personally I like MM better because the bets are at $1 PB at $2 so it reduce the set by half but the                                                                                            selection might be a little bit easier with PB because of 69 balls instead of 75 then the Lex digits                                                                                              will repeat more often than MM game.

your idea of buying and posting images of the ticket is valid. Todd hasn't respond to this tread for some reason, so it would not happen on LP, I suggest that                                                                                                this pool should be on a separate private site.

With certain cut off times in place for posting.                       Right after the closing of the games and before the the draw ? if we would do it ?

How about a private group on FB?                                         Yes, since no one here are interested, Not FB just private website.
                              Or some other website that can elucidate with

transparency  while maintaining a high level of exclusivity 

Those are my answers to your questions, hope it help ?

What private website do you have in mind?  FB does have the option of creating secret groups.  Who is going to be the captain of your pool? RL or you?     I would for starters suggest two to three captains.  With each captain managing both games.  That goes for playing tickets and collecting money.  Preferably everybody in the group can somehow contribute to number selection, with reasoning.  Does everybody contribute the same, or should people have the option to put more money and thus get more "shares"?

In lotto breaking even is winning- Gail Howard