Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which JP winner best manages the money

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 12 months ago by Bluegal1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Which JP winner best manages the money

Those who play regularly [ 9 ]  [100.00%]
Those who occasionally buy a ticket [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 9 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 10 ]  
Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #150273
December 18, 2013
495 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2016, 8:27 am - IP Logged

I think those who play regularly best manage the money because they are consistently thinking about what they would do and wouldn't do with the money if they won. Those who play occasionally don't think much about winning because they are not dedicated players. When they do buy a ticket out of the blue and win --only then do they think about it and by that time all they are thinking about is spending it like no tomorrow. A dedicated player has time on their side to think things through before winning...the occasional player experiences instant gratification without much forethought before actually winning a JP.

"Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip, conflict calms down.

Like adding charcoal to embers or wood to fire, quarrelsome people kindle strife."

Proverbs 26: 20-21

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3316 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2016, 8:56 am - IP Logged

I put  discard vote. i think its up to the individual.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Indiana
      United States
      Member #150273
      December 18, 2013
      495 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2016, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I agree and i am not saying that there isn't those who play occasionally and win and handle the money well....i just think more times then not they are probably the ones who are most likely to mishandle their winnings.

Like adding charcoal to embers or wood to fire, quarrelsome people kindle strife."

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #77167
        July 15, 2009
        569 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I think the ones who realize and appreciate what they have won and take steps to get a lawyer , financial advisor, and an accountant to help them do better.  The ones who let emotions control them usually end up broke.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

United States
          Member #172489
          January 26, 2016
          43 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2016, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I doubt there is any correlation there.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #61435
            May 22, 2008
            910 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2016, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

A favorite find of mine about lottery winners:

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10391 Posts
              Posted: February 2, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Which JP winner best manages the money.

The one that doesn't 'flash the cash".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                Happy California
                United States
                Member #157856
                August 2, 2014
                1549 Posts
                Posted: February 2, 2016, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Financial advisors. I just found on YouTube this, YouTube Financial Advisors Hidden camera investigation(CBC marketplace) CBC news

I think that if you can get a referral from a lawyer, an accountant or someone you can trust then you could find a responsible financial adviser. 

Every lottery winner needs to be wise.

Hat

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                  Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #169723
                  October 29, 2015
                  885 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2016, 3:55 am - IP Logged

I think those who play regularly best manage the money because they are consistently thinking about what they would do and wouldn't do with the money if they won. Those who play occasionally don't think much about winning because they are not dedicated players. When they do buy a ticket out of the blue and win --only then do they think about it and by that time all they are thinking about is spending it like no tomorrow. A dedicated player has time on their side to think things through before winning...the occasional player experiences instant gratification without much forethought before actually winning a JP.

I Agree!   BananaParty

Exactamundo

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #150273
                    December 18, 2013
                    495 Posts
                    Posted: February 2, 2016, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Think about how much you have learned just being on a lottery forum..occasional players are not interested in lottery forums because they don't invest much in playing the lottery to begin with...they see a sign at checkout boasting about the record jp and they say meh i will buy ticket.  .i doubt those who play occasionally think about things in the same way the more informed dedicated lottery players do...they just see themselves as rich with an endless supply of money when they win. 

Those who are dedicated players are more aware of seeking these types of things because they pay attention to all things regarding the lottery and winner stories. We are more aware of the pitfalls past winners have suffered because of our dedicated interest in the lottery. If it wasn't for this forum there are a lot of things i would have never thought of or considered had i won. Reading the lottery news has been a tremendous help as well as food for thought topics discussed here. There's a lot of information to consider that occasional players never get exposed to. I believe those players are more then likely to be the ones who mismanage their winnings.

Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #150273
                      December 18, 2013
                      495 Posts
                      Posted: February 2, 2016, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Seriously, think about what i am saying and imagine the person who rarely buys a ticket and suddenly wins so they sign their ticket...they don't even know the options of possibly claiming it as a trust in order to protect their identity. They haven't even heard the horror stories that comes with winning the lottery so they make bad choices and put themselves out there in the press inviting trouble they were never even aware of that other lottery players have experienced...had they known they would have probably made different choices. They start gifting money without consulting a lawyer and financial expert who can best advise them of taxation pitfalls in doing so...the list just goes on and on.

Many of these things would most likely not be a issue for those on this forum because we have been exposed to news feeds and topics of discussions that have educated us on such matters. The occasional player doesn't even know of these things because they don't pay attention to the lottery...they just buy an occasional ticket when the jp gets high and have put no forethought into anything should they win. I wonder how many never get a lawyer or even consult a financial advisor because they don't see a need for one now that they are rich....and who are the ones that read about their horror stories years down the road...US....it's not the next occasional player who will make the same mistakes

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                        Brooklyn, NY
                        United States
                        Member #169723
                        October 29, 2015
                        885 Posts
                        Posted: February 2, 2016, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Very good points Candlelight777

I have been a "regular player" for many years. I have had a few, but not enough, wins over the years.

The closest I had come to winning a jackpot (Dec 30, 2014) was on a Mega Millions $5 QP. I matched the mega # on line 1, one of the 5 on line 2 and 4 of 5 on line 4 for a win of $501. I had all 6 winning numbers on the same ticket...just not on the same line!

Like most of the "regular players", I have a plan. What to do, what not to do, who to give as well as how much. Now, all I need is for 6 numbers to match the ones on my ticket! Banana

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

NYC
                          United States
                          Member #161115
                          November 17, 2014
                          126 Posts
                          Posted: February 2, 2016, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Very good points Candlelight777

I have been a "regular player" for many years. I have had a few, but not enough, wins over the years.

The closest I had come to winning a jackpot (Dec 30, 2014) was on a Mega Millions $5 QP. I matched the mega # on line 1, one of the 5 on line 2 and 4 of 5 on line 4 for a win of $501. I had all 6 winning numbers on the same ticket...just not on the same line!

Like most of the "regular players", I have a plan. What to do, what not to do, who to give as well as how much. Now, all I need is for 6 numbers to match the ones on my ticket! Banana

I think NY has the most mega millions winners. I counted over 30 winners from NY since MM started in 2002. Keep playing. I had some close calls myself since I started playing around 4-5 years ago.

Bluegal1's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            Queens NY
                            United States
                            Member #141856
                            April 25, 2013
                            37 Posts
                            Posted: February 2, 2016, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I think the player who plays regularly, flies under the radar(if you can if you're in a state that you don't have identify yourself)and if you don't play the stock market heavy with your winnings.  Even if you have to have several regular bank accounts, do that.  My son has a trust fund in an ICO(since he was 8, and he's now 23) of $1.4M and the investments are all safe like bonds and T-bills, keep it safe and you keep your winnings longer. And don't tell a bunch of people