Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CA lottery Scratch offs

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 months ago by mrcraft.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #172794
February 4, 2016
13 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2016, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Hello Guys, 

I am new to this forum , recently started playing scratchers and hence found this forum when i was searching around. I play the CA scratches and have been playing extreme green , have put in close to around 250 and got like 65$ back , why the f*** are the odds so bad on this one or is my luck that bad ? Also i checked the website and looks like still lot of prizes left and also I dont see much activity on CA scratchers here , is there any reason why ? Are the odds that bad that people play it less and less ?

Thanks for your time guys. I am new here and if this has been discussed before please guide me to the same

Pasadena, CA
    United States
    Member #153326
    March 13, 2014
    186 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2016, 2:29 am - IP Logged

Hello Guys, 

I am new to this forum , recently started playing scratchers and hence found this forum when i was searching around. I play the CA scratches and have been playing extreme green , have put in close to around 250 and got like 65$ back , why the f*** are the odds so bad on this one or is my luck that bad ? Also i checked the website and looks like still lot of prizes left and also I dont see much activity on CA scratchers here , is there any reason why ? Are the odds that bad that people play it less and less ?

Thanks for your time guys. I am new here and if this has been discussed before please guide me to the same

The California Scratchers forum used to be busy forum back in 2013-14, but activity and user comments gradually tapered off as games have gotten worse and worse and people decreased or stopped playing altogether. Hardly anybody from California comes on anymore. I stopped playing all games late last year, but I like to check back and see if people have any luck or want to comment about the state of the CA Lottery. Doesn't look like I'm missing much. Sorry about your bad luck; several times last year, I would get strings of 5-7 consecutive losing $20 tickets. 

Couldn't tell you if activity throughout the state has decreased, but games aren't getting any more interesting, nor the odds improving.

California
      United States
      Member #172794
      February 4, 2016
      13 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2016, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Thanks for your response. 

So i did continue playing with the previous win and bought one 20$ ticket, turned out to be 100$ winner which led me to buy more tickets which all turned out to be duds except one 20$ which i was able to buy 3 more tiks with , but then ran out of luck and now back to square 1 !!

LA CA
        United States
        Member #118691
        November 6, 2011
        416 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2016, 1:06 am - IP Logged

Been playing t he $10 Mystery crossword for some time now...I was lucky a few times but the past $100 purchases have turned up duds...really bad..haven't bought one since the past 2 weeks.

Santa Barbara
          United States
          Member #154772
          April 28, 2014
          95 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2016, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Geez why does it take the California Lottery so long to payoff a claim.  Been 4 weeks since I sent in a claim for $1,000 winner.  Honestly I'd be more happy with just a $500 win than a $1,000 win because of the slow claim process.

CALI
            Afghanistan
            Member #118735
            November 6, 2011
            134 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2016, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Dammm... I bought 3 entire books of the $30 and only won back $2100

Same old <snip>, came out on the Negative end...

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

United States
              Member #164725
              March 12, 2015
              365 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2016, 9:27 am - IP Logged

I believe the odds posted on the website are deceptive.  As the prizes are won, your chances for winning get worse and no longer what they advertise.  Also, I read somewhere that the state uses 2 printing companies - one in north calif and one in the south. The winning tickets are split between them. So, if more winning tickets are bought in one location, the odds are even worse for that area. Unless you are checking the location of the winners all the time, you have no way of knowing that the odds have gone up.

California
                United States
                Member #173431
                March 2, 2016
                41 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2016, 2:25 am - IP Logged

I too started playing Extreme Green. I bought one on Saturday, two on Sunday, two on Monday, and two today.

#11 - $0

#14 - $0

#15 - $0

#16 - Ticket

#17 - $0

#18 - $0

#19 - $20

With each dud, I was getting worried/upset because my results weren't aligning with the listed odds (2.87 any prize, 4.02 cash prize). I know the listed odds are "averages", but still... Maybe #12, #13, or something before #11 was a big winner. It seems suspicious to me that nobody else has bought from this roll for the past three days.

On #19, the first prize was $10, which struck me as weird because there is no $10 prize. Then for a moment I thought maybe it was one of those add-up-all-the-prizes-on-the-ticket deal, so I got all excited. Then I scratched off the second prize ($10), for a total of $20. Maybe I'll get lucky on the next one. Not sure if I should continue on this roll though...

Santa Barbara
                  United States
                  Member #154772
                  April 28, 2014
                  95 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2016, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I believe the odds posted on the website are deceptive.  As the prizes are won, your chances for winning get worse and no longer what they advertise.  Also, I read somewhere that the state uses 2 printing companies - one in north calif and one in the south. The winning tickets are split between them. So, if more winning tickets are bought in one location, the odds are even worse for that area. Unless you are checking the location of the winners all the time, you have no way of knowing that the odds have gone up.

I've been saying for YEARS that those "odds" are not the true odds. How lotteries are allowed to get away with them is beyond me. But in the end it's up to each individual to play or not play. Just like Vegas, the odds are always in the favor of the House.

California
                    United States
                    Member #173431
                    March 2, 2016
                    41 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2016, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

I bought two Extreme Green Scratchers during my lunch break at work on Thursday and won a free ticket.

Redeemed that ticket and the $20 prize from #19 above for two more this morning at my neighborhood store. I didn't visit them the past three days because I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue on that particular roll (mentioned above), and they had a new roll. Won $100 on #5, dud on #6.

My CA Scratchers career so far (I started on Feb 21):

2 $10 Set for Life : spent $20; won $20

11 Extreme Green : spent $180; won $20 (2x$10), $100, and 2 tickets ($20 each)

Total spent: $200

Total won: $180 (including the 2 tickets)

So it looks like my actual odds (with a very small sample size) for Extreme Green so far are 11 / 4 = 2.75 any prize and 11 / 2 = 5.5 cash prize.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                      Los Angeles, California
                      United States
                      Member #149492
                      December 2, 2013
                      919 Posts
                      Posted: March 13, 2016, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Here's the old California Scratchers thread - https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/250725

It has 182 pages of content.

You'll find good stuff in there.  Too bad it went by the wayside due to lack of interest and activity.