Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Attorneys and financial advisers...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 9 months ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How much would you win before paying for professional advice?

$50,000 ? [ 2 ]  [3.77%]
$100,000 ? [ 2 ]  [3.77%]
$500,000 ? [ 7 ]  [13.21%]
$1,000,000 ? [ 9 ]  [16.98%]
10,000,000 ? [ 22 ]  [41.51%]
100,000,000 or more? [ 11 ]  [20.75%]
Total Valid Votes [ 53 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
Happy California
United States
Member #157856
August 2, 2014
1514 Posts
Posted: February 29, 2016, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

If I'm not mistaken, term life insurance can only be purchased up to a certain age and after that you are un-insurable.

Thank You for the heads up. I will ask my insurance agent.

Smiley Santa

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #165541
    April 12, 2015
    544 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2016, 6:03 am - IP Logged

Everybody likes second opinions.

But if I won a million dollars, I dont think I would need anybody elses advice.

I suppose when you become this great, you would have a direct line to the IRS.

As long as you are not a  NWO terrorist, I think that you will be OK.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
      Gurnee, Illinois
      United States
      Member #49731
      February 12, 2007
      917 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2016, 10:05 am - IP Logged

These threads are boggling my mind, You should look for sound advise as soon as you start working.

Number one, for every dollar you make  you put 10 cents away in savings.

Number two, you don't live beyond your means.

Number three, learn about investing.

Number four, don't be satisfied with one source of income. Make your money work for you.

Since most people are paid on an hourly wage basis, an easy way to have something to show for your work is to pay yourself the first hour's wage each and every day.  Unless one works longer than 10 hours per day, that actually will result in a person saving more than 10 percent each day...and it is tangible.  If one wants to be sure of getting ahead sooner, targeting saving the first 2 or 3 hours of earnings each day would be the way to go.  Setting one's mindset like this makes it easier to direct that amount to savings / investment account whereas percentages can be a bit more abstract. 

I definitely agree with all the rest of your tips.

The hard truth that most don't want to acknowledge is that the rich are getting richer BECAUSE they do consult with attorneys and financial professionals; conversely, the poor and middle class are getting poorer because they do not seek such counsel.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!