Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This should be better than winning a lotto, for me :D

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 months ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Inland Empire
United States
Member #118116
October 22, 2011
317 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2016, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I wish for this.

One day I wake up and realize that I am suddenly equipped with all the career skills I need. Not just some skills, but really advanced skills that outmatches seasoned expert.

I know that this sounds weird but the career field I am aiming for depends more on your portfolio than your degree. I have an extensive educational background in studio art and illustration, but my chronic depressive disorder barred me from studying and practicing real hard. Recently I taught myself how to use some advanced computer graphics software, but it was like reinventing a darn diesel engine. Mileage is one thing. The time and effort necessary for learning essential functions of each software would take forever. 

I know that it sounds silly, but sometimes I want to wake up with all the necessary skills and expertise jammed in my head one day. 

If that EVER, EVER happens then it would be better than winning a MM or PB jackpot. Well, that's just me I guess.

CALI
    Afghanistan
    Member #118735
    November 6, 2011
    134 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2016, 1:39 am - IP Logged

In this GOV Contracting work Arena your clearance will Supersede your Job skills.

They can teach U the Job: They cant teach U to get the clearance...

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2016, 1:54 am - IP Logged

"I want to wake up with all the necessary skills and expertise jammed in my head one day."

I'd rather wake up and find that some friendly and helpful aliens have landed in my backyard. That's got to be even more useful, and only slightly less likely than picking the right numbers for PB or MM.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
        Green Bay
        United States
        Member #169391
        October 15, 2015
        1246 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2016, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

"I want to wake up with all the necessary skills and expertise jammed in my head one day."

I'd rather wake up and find that some friendly and helpful aliens have landed in my backyard. That's got to be even more useful, and only slightly less likely than picking the right numbers for PB or MM.

Hey Floyd...I think the odds in finding aliens in your backyard are much higher than picking the right numbers in PB or MM.  Why don't you open your back door and find out.  If they aren't there, try again tomorrow.

Never give up.  Banana

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
          Green Bay
          United States
          Member #169391
          October 15, 2015
          1246 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2016, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes I wish for this.

One day I wake up and realize that I am suddenly equipped with all the career skills I need. Not just some skills, but really advanced skills that outmatches seasoned expert.

I know that this sounds weird but the career field I am aiming for depends more on your portfolio than your degree. I have an extensive educational background in studio art and illustration, but my chronic depressive disorder barred me from studying and practicing real hard. Recently I taught myself how to use some advanced computer graphics software, but it was like reinventing a darn diesel engine. Mileage is one thing. The time and effort necessary for learning essential functions of each software would take forever. 

I know that it sounds silly, but sometimes I want to wake up with all the necessary skills and expertise jammed in my head one day. 

If that EVER, EVER happens then it would be better than winning a MM or PB jackpot. Well, that's just me I guess.

Keep working at it buddy, I never knew a successful person who gave up.  Also doesn't hurt to buy a lottery ticket once in awhile.  You never know.

Never give up.  Banana

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2016, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather go to bed knowing I matched at least five in MM or PB and waking up the next morning knowing I can collect a million dollars.  I have all the skills I need to do that.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking