Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing PB less

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 9 months ago by Groppo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19816 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2016, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Since PB increased its price to $2, I've decreased my playing to one or two tickets per drawing until the jackpot exceeds $500K. 

I usually avoid playing combinations that have already matched five in previous drawings but an investigation shows that it has happened before.

01/09/08 - 02 13 20 21 23 +24
02/08/03 - 02 13 20 21 23 +35

12/27/00 - 15 22 24 32 39 +18
04/03/93 - 15 22 24 32 39 +18

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #164725
    March 12, 2015
    339 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2016, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Last year before they changed the matrix, even tho $2 bucks, PB had a lot of winners.  Even a beginning $40 jackpot is worth about $15 mil after federal taxes which would suit me just fine.  But now, post matrix,  I too have cut back.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1506 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2016, 11:39 am - IP Logged

It only takes one line to win. I play my one line in every PB draw.

I get my numbers here on Lottery Post. I research their past history here also.

I do the same for MM.

Green laugh

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2016, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

The combination that I'm playing tonight matched five back in 2000.  I'm playing the five most popular numbers and PB since the last matrix change.

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23259 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2016, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Chicago
            United States
            Member #171107
            December 31, 2015
            77 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2016, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

The cost and odds have lead me to only play when pot reaches high amount (Around 200M)

Usually 2 lines ($4)

Just bought a ticket today for next drawing

I prefer Mega since its still $1 and slightly better odds though I imagine Mega will try to follow PB into $2 cost soon enough especially after the media attention/ect PB got after 1.5B jackpot

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
              Happy California
              United States
              Member #157856
              August 2, 2014
              1506 Posts
              Posted: February 17, 2016, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I have stopped playing my favorite numbers. There were too many birthday numbers, 1 , 19, 22.  And the number 22 was doubled by placing it in the Power Ball spot and the Mega # spot.

I have to decide how long I want to play my new numbers which I have from Lottery Post. Should I use new numbers when I play advance play? Or shall I stay with the same LP's RNG #'s until I win big?

If my old numbers come up. UGH. I guess we all feel that way here on LP.

Argue

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Oknewatthis's avatar - download php?image=be4067cb0d

United States
                Member #172467
                January 25, 2016
                39 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2016, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I have stopped playing my favorite numbers. There were too many birthday numbers, 1 , 19, 22.  And the number 22 was doubled by placing it in the Power Ball spot and the Mega # spot.

I have to decide how long I want to play my new numbers which I have from Lottery Post. Should I use new numbers when I play advance play? Or shall I stay with the same LP's RNG #'s until I win big?

Argue

May be better psychologically to never drop a set once you get it. Don't collect more sets than you can afford to play/commit to for each draw, because if you have to stop playing some sets because of budgeting, that set that you stopped playing might come. I have heard of this happening before. We do not need anymore sadness in the world :)

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #162631
                  January 7, 2015
                  502 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2016, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

The cost and odds have lead me to only play when pot reaches high amount (Around 200M)

Usually 2 lines ($4)

Just bought a ticket today for next drawing

I prefer Mega since its still $1 and slightly better odds though I imagine Mega will try to follow PB into $2 cost soon enough especially after the media attention/ect PB got after 1.5B jackpot

Mr./Ms. Illinoisdreamer,

No, please play both at every drawing! MM AND PB, if your budget allows.
                  Is there some other activity you can stop,  to free up a couple of extra bucks, so you can play both lottos?

Also, please play the same numbers if you don't, already.

Mr. Groppo

• Don't chase the numbers you play.
                  • Play only numbers you've already played, plus however many random picks.
                  • But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.
                            (so far, though, I've yet to win any significant lotto prize)

United States
                    Member #162631
                    January 7, 2015
                    502 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2016, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Last year before they changed the matrix, even tho $2 bucks, PB had a lot of winners.  Even a beginning $40 jackpot is worth about $15 mil after federal taxes which would suit me just fine.  But now, post matrix,  I too have cut back.

I am somewhat disheartened by the several people here who've claimed to cut back, because of the matrix or whatever else.

OK, I can see cutting back some, but please don't let it paranoi you.
                    You are effectively paying an extra tax. It sure is a heck of a lot better
                    than going out and buying alcohol or drugs with it.

Please try and maintain current lotto levels. I do, and the only preparation I have is that I know I will not win, again. Um, that's not very helpful, but uhm . . .

• But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.

United States
                      Member #162631
                      January 7, 2015
                      502 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2016, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Argue

Mr. Music*,

I play two sets of numbers. One set is for PB, and the other is for MM.
                      The numbers of the two different sets are identical.

Additionally, if I have a slip that's just a QP, I have one for the other game too.
                      Yes, that will gen. 2 different games.

Groppo

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                        Member #169277
                        October 10, 2015
                        630 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2016, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I skip PB most of the time. But I won $15 last week, so I "splurged" on one PB  and 3 extra MM tickets this time.

United States
                          Member #162631
                          January 7, 2015
                          502 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2016, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

May be better psychologically to never drop a set once you get it. Don't collect more sets than you can afford to play/commit to for each draw, because if you have to stop playing some sets because of budgeting, that set that you stopped playing might come. I have heard of this happening before. We do not need anymore sadness in the world :)

Bingo!

"We don't need anymore sadness in the world"

If you stop playing a certain number or numbers due to budgetary constraints, that may be the day your numbers come up. I am often faced with the decision of cutting down on the amount of lotto I play every week.

So, please folks, please. Hang on.  Just hang on and play.

Groppo

(would you listen to me?  i'm playing lotto advocate. i don't even know why.)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2016, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Bingo!

"We don't need anymore sadness in the world"

If you stop playing a certain number or numbers due to budgetary constraints, that may be the day your numbers come up. I am often faced with the decision of cutting down on the amount of lotto I play every week.

So, please folks, please. Hang on.  Just hang on and play.

Groppo

(would you listen to me?  i'm playing lotto advocate. i don't even know why.)

"So, please folks, please. Hang on.  Just hang on and play."

You're starting to sound like a compulsive gambler who enjoy seeing other players lose their money too.  Wink

Evil Looking       

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
                              Philadelphia, PA
                              United States
                              Member #153774
                              March 24, 2014
                              852 Posts
                              Posted: February 23, 2016, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

It only takes one line to win. I play my one line in every PB draw.

I get my numbers here on Lottery Post. I research their past history here also.

I do the same for MM.

Green laugh

I do the same thing.  See what numbers to play.  Agreed the matrix system is weird