Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hey Math Fans!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 months ago by Kola.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
Texas
United States
Member #150797
December 31, 2013
815 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2016, 9:53 am - IP Logged

http://www.sciencealert.com/7-times-mathematics-became-art-and-blew-our-minds

I love this stuff -- especially the "snow art" and the "Mars landing" art.  Fabulous!

Not that this has anything to do do with the lottery -- or does it?  Playing with math to create the patterns that we call "art" has similarities to the ways we play with math to create the patterns we call "winners".

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

Lincoln, California
    United States
    Member #167130
    June 27, 2015
    256 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2016, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

Fractals are cool,  Thanks for the Views

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2016, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Pascals triangle => combine(a,b), also binary tree.

There is nothing about predictions, but educated Romans knew all about the dices. You may get closer with poker or Skat maybe. ... Flip coins, pay yourself 0.5 when a 1 bet won.

DCTreybil's avatar - actuarial I_w_caption_II_sized.jpg

United States
        Member #169613
        October 24, 2015
        11 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2016, 12:19 am - IP Logged

As Above So Below, An Introduction To Fractal Evolution - Bruce Lipton

The above is the title of a YouTube video that gets into geometry and then fractal geometry.

That part starts at time index 32:16.

The discussion is not aimed at lottery predictions - however, I was getting some pretty strong flashes.

He shows some fractal art.

He mentions how fractals repeat, but also exhibit chaos.  This was the thought that really piqued  my interest.

The actual topic being pursued in this video almost led me to post it in the "Mystical" forum, but with this post just showing up, maybe this is the place.

Enjoy!

If the universe can be seen in a grain of sand, then why not in a hand of cards, or a series of lotto selection algorithms?

Kola's avatar - image
          Blundering Time Traveler

United States
          Member #28945
          December 25, 2005
          1528 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2016, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

http://www.sciencealert.com/7-times-mathematics-became-art-and-blew-our-minds

I love this stuff -- especially the "snow art" and the "Mars landing" art.  Fabulous!

Not that this has anything to do do with the lottery -- or does it?  Playing with math to create the patterns that we call "art" has similarities to the ways we play with math to create the patterns we call "winners".

One of my most favorite books is called, "A Beginner's Guide to Constructing the Universe: The Mathematical Archetypes of Nature, Art, and Science(A voyage from 1 to 10)" by Michael S. Schneider.  It has been extremely useful to me in my Lottery Quest. Mind-expanding quotes from the distant past to the present by the luminaries from a multiplicity of professional disciplines dot the margins of virtually every page and by themselves are worth far more than the book's cost. While the book certainly contains the kind of information you provided in your link, it also contains so much more. 

Thanks for the great link Tia!

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter".