Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PISSED and that is putting it mildly

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 months ago by rgse90.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ozone park
United States
Member #57042
December 15, 2007
274 Posts
Posted: February 26, 2016, 11:29 am - IP Logged

So lottery told me that the 55 tickets I had that were unable to be scratched needed to be sent to Albany because they needed to go through another department. I was very sceptical to do so because some fo these tickets were 4 and 5 years old and they could have been a winner. But i did it. I made copies front and back sent it out with a detailed letter and sent it certified registered. Now they do not know where 25 of those tickets are. I am currently working the head of security but i am really just finished with NYS Lottery. I apologize to anyone when I said I trusted them because now I have no faith in them at all. They are not being run properly and the agency is like a mob organization that wants to cover up their inadequacies and they do not want the last final ticket paid out period. I have now spoken to over 3000 thousand retailers and they say they felt muscled to have to return tickets they did not want to return. I still cannot find a lawyer to take this case on and that is discouraging as well. 

Beware and watch out. But sometimes you just have no options and you have to trust and now here we are. 3 months later and 25 tickets missing and I am not sure what the next recourse of action will be.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1707 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2016, 11:44 am - IP Logged

So lottery told me that the 55 tickets I had that were unable to be scratched needed to be sent to Albany because they needed to go through another department. I was very sceptical to do so because some fo these tickets were 4 and 5 years old and they could have been a winner. But i did it. I made copies front and back sent it out with a detailed letter and sent it certified registered. Now they do not know where 25 of those tickets are. I am currently working the head of security but i am really just finished with NYS Lottery. I apologize to anyone when I said I trusted them because now I have no faith in them at all. They are not being run properly and the agency is like a mob organization that wants to cover up their inadequacies and they do not want the last final ticket paid out period. I have now spoken to over 3000 thousand retailers and they say they felt muscled to have to return tickets they did not want to return. I still cannot find a lawyer to take this case on and that is discouraging as well. 

Beware and watch out. But sometimes you just have no options and you have to trust and now here we are. 3 months later and 25 tickets missing and I am not sure what the next recourse of action will be.

What do you mean by the tickets "were unable to be scratched" ???  If the tickets are 4 - 5 years old, the game has been terminated anyway, and you might as well throw old tickets away.  The NY Lottery Commission will not honor old tickets, even if they are winning tickets, b/c tickets have to be redeemed within the legal time limit.

Madison, WI
      United States
      Member #172977
      February 11, 2016
      515 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2016, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Yes I'm not understanding why you had 55 unscratched tickets that were 4-5 years old? Did a retailer recently sell you those? If so, maybe there would be some recourse there as they probably aren't supposed to sell tickets for closed games.

PA
        United States
        Member #129849
        June 29, 2012
        308 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2016, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

As others have stated.... I must be missing something here.

In most states that sell instant lottery tickets, you have a time frame in which to claim them.

If it's after that, too bad. I know here in PA they usually pull a game 1-2 years after it launches

depending on how fast the remaining top prizes go down. I think that's garbage, but they do announce

it well in advance on their website. You usually have months, 6 months or better, to claim any remaining

winners or hunt out and play any last remaining tickets your interested in.

Unless I'm missing something... you really have nothing to be upset about?

ozone park
          United States
          Member #57042
          December 15, 2007
          274 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2016, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

You would be right except that this game has been going on since 2008 and just lasted that long because there was a dry spell for almost 3 years where no one claimed the top prize, which is when I think it either got destroyed or sold and forgotten. So the game now ends aug 106 and after that no more claim period.

ozone park
            United States
            Member #57042
            December 15, 2007
            274 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2016, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

The retailer forget he had those tickets in his draw. They were unable to be scratched way back he put them in the draw and forgot to send them in. One day we got to talking and he said hey you know I have these tickets that lottery will end up destroying if I send them back for credit so I bought them. Plus I also had tickets over time that could not be scratched and that added to 55 total. 25 tickets were checked and now 20 are missing. and they are investigating where they are right now.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
              Jacksonville Florida
              United States
              Member #23018
              October 6, 2005
              918 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2016, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

If this is a case where the scratch coating on the ticket can't be scratched off without ruining the information underneath, these would be considered "defective" tickets. If you can locate your state's lottery rules, it will probably say something to the effect that the lottery's liability for defective tickets is only to refund the purchase ticket price.

If someone was able to scratch off just the barcode or validation number, then the ticket could be checked for a winner. Otherwise, they may just declare the tickets as defective and, assuming they are in agreement that they did receive all the tickets from you that you claim, then they would refund the purchase ticket price only. And this assumes the game is still within the claim period.

ozone park
                United States
                Member #57042
                December 15, 2007
                274 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2016, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

They can validate the ticket without the 4 digit code AND I was guaranteed that they would pay out the prize of the ticket's if in fact they were winners. I have the email from the head of security that said they would guaranteed the ticket prize if it was a winner. he claim period ends Aug 2016 so yes I am in the time frame. I still have well over 1500 tickets I need to get paid out on this  game but am waiting till June or July and I still have about 100 I need to scratch yet. But I am confident I do not have the final winner because of the numbers I ran and know when the winning tickets would have come out for sale. But they are responding to my request so we shall see.

ozone park
                  United States
                  Member #57042
                  December 15, 2007
                  274 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2016, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

The retailer has verified th story of how I got the tickets and that he sold them to me after he forgot he had them for so long. Those are the tickets I am worried about because they were when the winning ticket should have come out