Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery machine

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 8 months ago by wander73.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Toledo, Ohio
United States
Member #70700
February 9, 2009
550 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2016, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I buy scratch offs at a machine at Kroger's in Sylvania, Ohio.  Recently every time I go there there is a lady that buys scratch offs and stands there for at least 20 minutes.  She blocks the machine with her cart because I think she puts a lot of money in the machine.  Her look on her face is very mean so I do not want to start with her because I do not know what she might do.  I casually mentioned it to someone who works there but he just put his hands up.  She seems to always be there.  How can you be so inconsiderate when she knows I just want to buy a ticket.  What do you all think?Angry  Even when she buys a ticket and is scratching it off she won't move her cart.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2016, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Just walk up and point to one of the tickets and tell her not to buy it because you just hit $500 on it. That should keep her away for a few days.

Toledo, Ohio
      United States
      Member #70700
      February 9, 2009
      550 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2016, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Thank you RedStang.

Florida
        United States
        Member #172872
        February 7, 2016
        615 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2016, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Just walk up and point to one of the tickets and tell her not to buy it because you just hit $500 on it. That should keep her away for a few days.

Lmao, that's a good one! 

I'd walk up and just ask if you can jump in and get a few. I'd be careful as to buying from the same roll as her unless you want to see her get extremely salty. If you do buy from the roll she's using, then I'd recommend scratching them elsewhere.

California
          United States
          Member #173360
          February 28, 2016
          40 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2016, 4:15 am - IP Logged

You: "Can I jump in just for a few seconds? I only want to buy 1 ticket"

Lady: "Ok, go ahead"

You buy 1 scratcher from same roll. Scratch it in front of her. JACKPOT!!!!! You sing and dance of happiness in front of her.

PA
            United States
            Member #129849
            June 29, 2012
            308 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2016, 9:43 am - IP Logged

It's a pretty rude and inconsiderate thing to do... some players feel like it's

"etiquette" not to play from a row, game or machine they are playing from.

That's  BS in my opinion.

I like the advice, just mention to her that you hit a few nice tickets earlier in the day

on the games that she appears to be playing. Might shut her down a bit. Either that

or ask her if she would mind you buying a ticket. If she gets huffy, tell her you won't

buy from the games she is playing. If she still has money in the machine, tell her you

would give her the cash and have her get the tickets for you.

It's rude IMO. If I were the store owner, I'd probably hang a big sign that said buy your tickets

and move on... do not block the machine while you are playing. Who cares if people get pissed,

retailers do not make much on the lottery at all anyways.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
              Philadelphia, PA
              United States
              Member #153774
              March 24, 2014
              884 Posts
              Posted: April 8, 2016, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

I buy scratch offs at a machine at Kroger's in Sylvania, Ohio.  Recently every time I go there there is a lady that buys scratch offs and stands there for at least 20 minutes.  She blocks the machine with her cart because I think she puts a lot of money in the machine.  Her look on her face is very mean so I do not want to start with her because I do not know what she might do.  I casually mentioned it to someone who works there but he just put his hands up.  She seems to always be there.  How can you be so inconsiderate when she knows I just want to buy a ticket.  What do you all think?Angry  Even when she buys a ticket and is scratching it off she won't move her cart.

It sounds like the same idiots that fight over lottery machines here in Philadelphia if the powerball or mega go past a certain point. 

Is this machine a very hot machine?

Have you ever won anything from this location? 

If you can get her name and number and play dumb with her you can report her to the gambling hotline.  That is a true fact.  Once someone is reported they can't claim the winnings.   True story.