Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

biggest mistake

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 8 months ago by Wheeler.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
woody4591's avatar - woodywoodpecker
Morristown, NJ
United States
Member #172032
January 14, 2016
57 Posts
Posted: March 14, 2016, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Years ago, I was playing 6238 on the pick -4 drawing. At the time it was the most drawn box. Ten times s&b every day 2 1/2 years. One day the clerk messed up and gave me 5238 by mistake but I didn't have the cash to keep it so I canceled it. I'm sure you can guess what happened......

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2016, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Darn that's messed up I always buy mistake tickets.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Maryland
      United States
      Member #162434
      January 2, 2015
      887 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2016, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Years ago, I was playing 6238 on the pick -4 drawing. At the time it was the most drawn box. Ten times s&b every day 2 1/2 years. One day the clerk messed up and gave me 5238 by mistake but I didn't have the cash to keep it so I canceled it. I'm sure you can guess what happened......

Yea, I have had that happen too.  But I kept the ticket and won!!  That was a couple of years ago.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
        Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        877 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2016, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I always keep mistakes too. 

The only mistake I didn't keep was the one I married. No NoSmash

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
          Pittsburg, Ks
          United States
          Member #3382
          January 17, 2004
          80787 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2016, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

This isn't about mistake tickets. It's my mistake and the clerk's. I believe in sharing. Today I went to the store to buy some lottery tickets. The clerk's mistake was she didn't print the tickets the way I wanted. I have the pick 3 number 527. I was going to play it box for 5 days both mid and eve. I have 5 separate tickets with the 527 to be played str8 for tonight and 2mro night. I asked for the megaplier on mega millions. Didn't get it. I told the clerk I wanted the Tue by 2 for 7 days. Didn't get it. My mistake was I didn't look at the tickets before I left the store. That's a habit I need to get out of.

God Bless America

US Flag

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
            Texas
            United States
            Member #150797
            December 31, 2013
            815 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2016, 7:45 am - IP Logged

I guess the clerk you happen to get is the Lottery's last level of randomness in the process! Bang Head

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5593 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2016, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Using playslips will usually eliminate mistakes. Unless you make a mistake on the playslip. Then you only have yourself to blame.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Pittsburg, Ks
                United States
                Member #3382
                January 17, 2004
                80787 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2016, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Using playslips will usually eliminate mistakes. Unless you make a mistake on the playslip. Then you only have yourself to blame.

I have made mistakes on the playslip but the clerk was kind enough to fix it. Now today I went back to the store to play 322 for both mid day and evening. According  to the ticket today I paid $5 for 3 consecutive draws (my mistake) which should have been $3. Both clerks were new I think. Next time i hope i can get a clerk that knows what they are doing or go to qps

God Bless America

US Flag

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                  Gurnee, Illinois
                  United States
                  Member #49731
                  February 12, 2007
                  917 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2016, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

My mistakes were 1) allowing my ex-wife to influence me to not play my Mega Millions numbers back in 2002. They hit that night! My other mistake is to sometimes wait until the last moment to buy my tickets only to be caught behind some old dude giving verbal instructions of Pick 3 and Pick 4 plays when the MM or PB drawings are what me and the other poor saps really came out to play! There should be a rule that only play slips and QPs can only be accepted within the last 30 minutes of daily deadline!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

woody4591's avatar - woodywoodpecker
                    Morristown, NJ
                    United States
                    Member #172032
                    January 14, 2016
                    57 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2016, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

How about a rule that the clerk not be on his phone while serving costumers. I can't tell you how many mistakes I've been given because their call is more important than those who put money in their pocket. What the heck ever happened to costumer service?

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      Mcminnville, Oregon
                      United States
                      Member #3013
                      December 13, 2003
                      3047 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2016, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

I made a mistake on my keno slip last year that almost cost me $50 big ones.  The clerk caught it and stopped it from printing or I would have bought a $50 ticket keno ticket I did not want.  I had penned in $5 a play with the multiplier for 5 draws and I should have penned in $1 with the multiplier for 5 draws.  So I corrected it before the cutoff time and ran it but my numbers never came in so I lost $20 bucks instead of $60.  Lesson learned.-weshar75

US Flag

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40402 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2016, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Yikes, hope you win this week.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

JAMORA's avatar - ladyclover
                          NC
                          United States
                          Member #164399
                          February 28, 2015
                          1926 Posts
                          Posted: April 4, 2016, 2:45 am - IP Logged

Played 6969 for a week...based on both draws ( day-eve) Woke up, thought I was smart and played day due, and overthunk it and played 9696...came out 6969, got $400 but lost $2500 for over thinking it..lol

"Don't waste time, it's the stuff life's made of..."

Pittsburg, Ks
                            United States
                            Member #3382
                            January 17, 2004
                            80787 Posts
                            Posted: April 8, 2016, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I did it again. I didn't check my ticket as I was leaving the store. I gave the cashier a 2by2 winning ticket (3 free tickets). I put the ticket in my billfold. I didn't check ticket until I got home and disocvered it was 3 lines for Hot Lotto

God Bless America

US Flag

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                              South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #77167
                              July 15, 2009
                              554 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2016, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

My mistake was I didn't look at the tickets before I left the store. That's a habit I need to get out of.

That is why I make out play slips.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar