Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you tell and trust someone?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 months ago by TheMeatman2005.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
Philadelphia, PA
United States
Member #153774
March 24, 2014
1189 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2016, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

If you hit the powerball or the megamillions.

Do you trust significant other,  wife, husband, friend, neighbor, etc?

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #162631
    January 7, 2015
    540 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2016, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

If you hit the powerball or the megamillions.

Do you trust significant other,  wife, husband, friend, neighbor, etc?

Mr./Ms. Wander73,

I imagine very few, if any people would learn about my lotto win, which will never happen (winning the jackpot, that is).

BUT, if I'm the sole winner, of the jackpot, the way I'd go about, is something like this:

Todd, for one would definitely learn about it, as he is instrumental in keeping us informed on this site, about lotto happenings, around the country.

But, how much would he get from me?  That is based on the "Gift Tax" issue.  What is it? 13 or 14K per year?  There would be several such winners - not a whole lot, but that's how I would be giving money away, if the unthinkable happens.

But, how much would I give away?   That's a darn good question.  I want to make my St. Judes and Shriner's donations, in the case of being the sole jackpot winner as well.

But, if I'm a prize #2 winner, where I get almost 1 million samolians?   Gee, I don't know.

• Don't chase the numbers you play.
    • Play only numbers you've already played, plus however many random picks.
    • But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.
              (so far, though, I've yet to win any significant lotto prize)
      Philadelphia, PA
      United States
      Member #153774
      March 24, 2014
      1189 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2016, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I am a guy.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
        Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2016, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Would I tell someone - yes, my lawyer and my investment team, and my dh.  Would I tell anyone else?  nope.  Would people know?  yes, why?  cuz i live in a silly state that requires you to come forward with your name - even if you collect in a trust - your name is released. 

Would I give Todd a shout out?  YES!  I think I would request that he be there to be the talking head for collecting the win. (with me paying travel and his speaking fee - of course).  Then he would have a very visible venue to tout Lottery Post and USA Mega for the fabulous sites they are.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
          Member #165244
          March 30, 2015
          229 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2016, 6:55 am - IP Logged

Being single I wouldnt have to worry about telling my significant other.  I guess that would bring me to family, so yes I would tell one or two members before the news came out, because I live in a state (NY) where there is no anonymity. 

Unless I buy my winning ticket from the state of OH, where we will be visiting in a few weeks.  Then perhaps I can have a chance of anonymity.

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

Philadelphia, PA
            United States
            Member #153774
            March 24, 2014
            1189 Posts
            Posted: March 17, 2016, 11:31 am - IP Logged

That is great a couple of replies.  I would tell my mom so we can pay the mortgage off.  Not sure what my dad did when he was alive  as he might have refinanced it too much.  But then again sometimes when you do pay something on time and pay more in a month the mortgage company might reduce to a 15 yr instead of 30.

I would then get my mouth done since I have to get teeth pulled,  gums, etc.  Then I would buy a foreclosed house property.   Consult with a lawyer, financial advisor and an accoutant friend just to see.

I would only tell selected relatives such as my uncles and aunts.  My sister not sure because she is sometimes against what I try to do.  However I would buy an auction website and invest in it.

It's amazing how people who claim if they win it and blow it.  Never understood that.   If only lottoking and a couple others can figure out the patterns and anyone else that would be awesome.

Chicago
              United States
              Member #171107
              December 31, 2015
              83 Posts
              Posted: March 17, 2016, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

My Parents and the people I would hire before claiming prize (Lawyer , Financial Advisor , etc)

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                887 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2016, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

If either myself or my brother won, we would share. So, I would tell him. 

Then, we would need to find trustworthy legal and financial counsel. Not like the shyster lawyer the Robinson's from TN had.

The only other people I would tell would be my long-time girlfriend, my kids and a few close friends.

I don't need to drive a Lamborghini or live in a mansion.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot