Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 8:41 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

one number...per game ?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 months ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
woody4591's avatar - woodywoodpecker
Morristown, NJ
United States
Member #172032
January 14, 2016
58 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2016, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Many of us on LP including myself post up to fifty numbers per drawing. Personally, I do it for fun. I would never play all that I post of course as it would never be profitable. I play one pick-3 wheel 2-5 times and one pick-4 boxed 12-24 times. My reasoning is simple really. Number one, multiple numbers means basically your betting against yourself as only one can come in at a time. Secondly, if I bet 50 boxes and hit, what do I really win? That strategy means hitting a box every other draw to break even. If i can't get at least $500 on pick-3 or $2,400 on pick-4, am I really winning? I know, going in no matter which way I play I'm not going to hit everyday, so I might as well make winning worth it when I do. Is this not sound reasoning? Your thoughts as always are appreciated.

SWMcCaig's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #155206
    May 11, 2014
    1901 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2016, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

I totally agree! While posting in my states Pick-3 forum, it's not uncommon for me to post anywhere from 20 to 48, but I would never play that many. I mainly post that many in order to test systems to see if they generate hits, and if so, to find out where the hits come from. In reality, the maximum number of plays I would be willing to throw down on 10 plays. The reason is simple. As I live in a one-draw state, as long as my system can generate at least one box hit a week, then I'm playing at a profit. Not much, but profit is profit. Ultimately, I'd like to get it down to no more than five plays. As of yet however, I haven't found a system reliable enough to do this.....

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
      Member #169277
      October 10, 2015
      630 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2016, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Very good question, I wish I knew the right answer. 

I'm just starting to play P3 live, after testing on the prediction board for several months. 10 picks per game worked OK, but I'd like to see how I can do with 6 or 8. 

Also a very good point about betting against yourself with many picks.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5757 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2016, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

When I play Pick 4 I only play 1 number, always straight, sometimes boxed also. Sometimes I'll play it straight for $5. 1 in 10,000 odds for $25000. But it is a real bugger to hit straight. Heck, it's a bugger to hit boxed.

For kicks sometime ago, I ran off 50 Pick 4 numbers from LP's RNG. I check it from time to time and there have been 2 or 3 straight hits this year, from the first 10 numbers on the list.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Tialuvslotto's avatar - Jailin
          Texas
          United States
          Member #150797
          December 31, 2013
          822 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2016, 7:28 am - IP Logged

I totally agree! While posting in my states Pick-3 forum, it's not uncommon for me to post anywhere from 20 to 48, but I would never play that many. I mainly post that many in order to test systems to see if they generate hits, and if so, to find out where the hits come from. In reality, the maximum number of plays I would be willing to throw down on 10 plays. The reason is simple. As I live in a one-draw state, as long as my system can generate at least one box hit a week, then I'm playing at a profit. Not much, but profit is profit. Ultimately, I'd like to get it down to no more than five plays. As of yet however, I haven't found a system reliable enough to do this.....

Check out what day of the week your hits are coming from.  It seems that often hits will happen in the first part of the week while your analysis is fresh.

"There is no such thing as luck; only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."

~Robert A. Heinlein

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
            Brooklyn, NY
            United States
            Member #169723
            October 29, 2015
            885 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2016, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't usually play the P3 or P4.

A few years ago, I got a random P4 and played it box for 50 cents. It came in and since it was a double number, it paid $200. 

Occasionally I play consecutive numbers in P4. 1234,2345,3456,4567,5678,6789,7890,8901

I hit with those every so often.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

rmoore87's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

Bahamas
              Member #100733
              November 17, 2010
              86 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2016, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

I play one pick 3 number in certain states once particular triggers have been activated. I play for up to five draws after the drawing in which the triggers were activated.

“I am so happy and grateful now that money comes to me in increasing quantities, through multiple sources, on a continuous basis.” - Bob Proctor

Lottery Bible 

My Lottery Post blog

grwurston's avatar - 144
                Let's Go Rangers!!!
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                5112 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2016, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Many of us on LP including myself post up to fifty numbers per drawing. Personally, I do it for fun. I would never play all that I post of course as it would never be profitable. I play one pick-3 wheel 2-5 times and one pick-4 boxed 12-24 times. My reasoning is simple really. Number one, multiple numbers means basically your betting against yourself as only one can come in at a time. Secondly, if I bet 50 boxes and hit, what do I really win? That strategy means hitting a box every other draw to break even. If i can't get at least $500 on pick-3 or $2,400 on pick-4, am I really winning? I know, going in no matter which way I play I'm not going to hit everyday, so I might as well make winning worth it when I do. Is this not sound reasoning? Your thoughts as always are appreciated.

Sometimes I play 10-15 numbers at the store, but I find that when I play 20-25 I usually do better. It's a little better coverage for the one offs you get with a smaller play list. Yeah, the profit is smaller but it's more consistent. It's a trade off I guess...

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.