Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Machine Reel ended prematurely? Explanation?

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 8 months ago by Ralphie762.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #173360
February 28, 2016
39 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2016, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I wanted to buy five $30 California Scratchers since its ending soon and there are still some top prizes left. Many places were sold out but I found a machine in a CVS that still had them.

The first scratcher out of the machine was #14, then #13, then #12. But then the machine showed that it was out of those Scratchers. Usually the numbers go to 00 before either starting a new roll or running out. Also the last scratcher should have a black square symbol next to the number usually. So it's weird the roll ended at 12? What happened?

BTW of those three tickets, #12 and #14 were Duds, and #13 won $40

new york
    United States
    Member #63828
    August 9, 2008
    175 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2016, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

That's weird. Did you ask a CVS employee how the machine is stocked and explained what happened?

California
      United States
      Member #173360
      February 28, 2016
      39 Posts
      Posted: March 26, 2016, 3:41 am - IP Logged

No? I didn't want to sound crazy. Plus am guessing the Lottery stocks those up, not CVS employees?

new york
        United States
        Member #63828
        August 9, 2008
        175 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2016, 11:45 am - IP Logged

No? I didn't want to sound crazy. Plus am guessing the Lottery stocks those up, not CVS employees?

Why would you sound crazy if you're telling the truth?

I believe someone hired by the lottery is responsible for stocking the machines. It may be too late to do anything about it now but if it happens again, you should immediately notify an employee and show them the proof. They will ask you to fill out a claim form and the lottery will investigate.

It's also quite possible that the tickets just happened to get stuck in the machine. Always best to check with customer service.