Welcome Guest
You last visited April 28, 2017, 11:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tutorials for beginners

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 1 year ago by SweepingTeresa.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lakerben's avatar - Trek Galaxy2.gif
New Mexico
United States
Member #86099
January 29, 2010
11341 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2016, 4:15 pm - IP Logged
  • I've seen it many times new members get on a thread and ask a detailed explanation about mirrors, roots etc.  I think there should be a lottery basics section or forum that upon signing up for lottery post membership a new member should go through before they are allowed to post. Maybe a little quiz or test.
  •  Many threads are muddled by new members that don't have a clue what a mirror or root, etc is.  This would also  be very helpfull to all the members to brush up on in,outs,roots sums,totals, and would be a great addition to this site. Thanks.
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1766 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2016, 7:45 pm - IP Logged
    • I've seen it many times new members get on a thread and ask a detailed explanation about mirrors, roots etc.  I think there should be a lottery basics section or forum that upon signing up for lottery post membership a new member should go through before they are allowed to post. Maybe a little quiz or test.
    •  Many threads are muddled by new members that don't have a clue what a mirror or root, etc is.  This would also  be very helpfull to all the members to brush up on in,outs,roots sums,totals, and would be a great addition to this site. Thanks.

Great Idea !!  Who would be responsible for creating the beginners tutorial - TODD, or whoever could explain the concepts the best ??? 

Perhaps TODD should take submissions for a particular topic, and whoever explains the topic the best [ like Vtracs], that content would be selected to be included in the Beginners Tutorial ForumYes Nod

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      56227 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2016, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

A good place to start is at your local Lottery's "How to Play" section for the desired Game the Lottery Player wants to Play.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1766 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2016, 10:31 am - IP Logged

A good place to start is at your local Lottery's "How to Play" section for the desired Game the Lottery Player wants to Play.

We're talking about a Beginners' Guide Forum to other basics about playing the game, like roots, sums, vtracs, mirrors, rundowns, filters, etc...

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          56227 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2016, 11:12 am - IP Logged

We're talking about a Beginners' Guide Forum to other basics about playing the game, like roots, sums, vtracs, mirrors, rundowns, filters, etc...

Lottery Post Forums Search is Their Friend: All the terms mentioned can be readily searched, read, studied & learned.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
            Member #169277
            October 10, 2015
            630 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2016, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

As a relatively new participant, I can say that I would have found it very helpful to have a glossary of common jargon all in one place to refer to.  I've mostly caught on, but only mostly.

Like what's a "clean" number? I just recently ran across that in an old thread.

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #86099
              January 29, 2010
              11341 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2016, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Post Forums Search is Their Friend: All the terms mentioned can be readily searched, read, studied & learned.

But many people don't know to use the search.  It would be nice to have a section to refer to with explanations and a input for your draw.  I've seen this on another site.  You put in 123 and it shows the Calcs for root,short sum,sum etc.  Very nice to have.

New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                56227 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2016, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

But many people don't know to use the search.  It would be nice to have a section to refer to with explanations and a input for your draw.  I've seen this on another site.  You put in 123 and it shows the Calcs for root,short sum,sum etc.  Very nice to have.

Some things may not be a priority: https://www.lotterypost.com/thread/68655/106279

https://www.lotterypost.com/search/forums?q=glossary&t=all&p=3

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #86099
                  January 29, 2010
                  11341 Posts
                  Posted: April 10, 2016, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

It should be a top priority for this site.

SweepingTeresa's avatar - winifrid
                    North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #174429
                    April 20, 2016
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2016, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

I am brand new to this site. I am searching for a tutorial or basics page. Could someone please point me in that direction?

Thanks!