Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Posting predictions. Good or bad?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 8 months ago by Dreaming Gemini.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
Green Bay
United States
Member #169391
October 15, 2015
1248 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2016, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Its interesting to see the daily prediction results but... Say you have good reason to believe (through much research)  the next Megabucks numbers will be X X X X X X and you post your prediction.  So.....Those numbers come up, you ran them and so did 100 other lottery post readers.  Unhappy

Never give up.  Banana

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19831 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2016, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Its interesting to see the daily prediction results but... Say you have good reason to believe (through much research)  the next Megabucks numbers will be X X X X X X and you post your prediction.  So.....Those numbers come up, you ran them and so did 100 other lottery post readers.  Unhappy

You're over estimating the number of members who take other members predictions seriously.  A couple of years ago I matched 5of6 in Ohio's Classic Lotto and Ohio's daily payouts didn't change.  I've noticed other predictors wins on the prediction board didn't have any effect on their states daily payouts either.

There simply aren't any LP predictors successful enough to make playing their predictions worth playing. Disapprove

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
      Green Bay
      United States
      Member #169391
      October 15, 2015
      1248 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2016, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

You're over estimating the number of members who take other members predictions seriously.  A couple of years ago I matched 5of6 in Ohio's Classic Lotto and Ohio's daily payouts didn't change.  I've noticed other predictors wins on the prediction board didn't have any effect on their states daily payouts either.

There simply aren't any LP predictors successful enough to make playing their predictions worth playing. Disapprove

True.  I guess I should have worded my question differently.  If you felt confident in a set of numbers, would you post them?

Never give up.  Banana

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2016, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

True.  I guess I should have worded my question differently.  If you felt confident in a set of numbers, would you post them?

"If you felt confident in a set of numbers, would you post them?"

Sure I would for the bragging rights.  I truly doubt if anyone else would play them too.

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40572 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2016, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

I like posting predictions, I play the Bell Curve just to see how I do.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2016, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I like posting predictions, I play the Bell Curve just to see how I do.

When I want to be one of the top ten predictors for the last 30 days, I predict Texas' or Georgia's All or Nothing.Wink

Evil Looking       

Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40572 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2016, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

When I want to be one of the top ten predictors for the last 30 days, I predict Texas' or Georgia's All or Nothing.Wink

I think I tried that once, didn't do very well, good luck.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2016, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

I think I tried that once, didn't do very well, good luck.

Stack47 stays on the top of that list and those are the only games he predicts. Wink

If Todd ever add Lucky for Life for Ohio, I will start predicting it because it has an even higher overall hit average.

Evil Looking       

Ringleader
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #81740
                  October 28, 2009
                  40572 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2016, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Stack47 stays on the top of that list and those are the only games he predicts. Wink

If Todd ever add Lucky for Life for Ohio, I will start predicting it because it has an even higher overall hit average.

Okay, I got it, hope you get your game.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7322 Posts
                    Posted: April 6, 2016, 1:09 am - IP Logged

I'm testing playing strategies to see if by matching the overall chances of winning (hit ratio) I can better than average prize ratio. The All or Nothing overall chances are 22.22% and Lucky for Life is at 12.8% (in KY).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: April 6, 2016, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm testing playing strategies to see if by matching the overall chances of winning (hit ratio) I can better than average prize ratio. The All or Nothing overall chances are 22.22% and Lucky for Life is at 12.8% (in KY).

That's the point I was making to sully16, if you want to be among the top predictors for the last 30 days you predict games with the highest overall hit ratios allowed by LP.

The figures used in that category are controlled more by the games predicted than by prediction success.  The AON games have the highest ratios allowed by LP, for example Ohio Rolling Cash5 has a 1:8 overall hit ratio but since a match2 paying $1 isn't counted by LP its overall hit ratio is reduced to 1:99 or 1%.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2016, 12:30 am - IP Logged

That's the point I was making to sully16, if you want to be among the top predictors for the last 30 days you predict games with the highest overall hit ratios allowed by LP.

The figures used in that category are controlled more by the games predicted than by prediction success.  The AON games have the highest ratios allowed by LP, for example Ohio Rolling Cash5 has a 1:8 overall hit ratio but since a match2 paying $1 isn't counted by LP its overall hit ratio is reduced to 1:99 or 1%.

AON has a 22.22% chance of winning something because matching 4 or 8 numbers is a push, but there is only a 1.78% chance of matching 3 or 9 to win $8. I've matched 1 and 11 less than ten times so winning the jackpot is probably the only way to show a profit.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2016, 10:45 am - IP Logged

AON has a 22.22% chance of winning something because matching 4 or 8 numbers is a push, but there is only a 1.78% chance of matching 3 or 9 to win $8. I've matched 1 and 11 less than ten times so winning the jackpot is probably the only way to show a profit.

Games like AON with good overall win ratios give players illusions of easy wins while they continue to make 50% profit like any other lottery game.

Evil Looking       

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                            Cordova,Al.
                            United States
                            Member #104482
                            January 15, 2011
                            4927 Posts
                            Posted: April 7, 2016, 1:19 pm - IP Logged
                            If I believe a set of numbers was correct for a game. I will post it. I enjoy
                            posting predictions. My hat go off for all the Top ten Predictors for the last
                            30 days. That a lot of work.
                              The Windy City
                              United States
                              Member #171690
                              January 10, 2016
                              62 Posts
                              Posted: April 7, 2016, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm truly curious.   How do you predict random? 

I've read through a lot of threads, and I still say it's random.   If someone hits often, I would give credit to the horse shoe being firmly planted, rather than some system.   YMMV

- Wanna win at least a couple commas