Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 5 and Pick 6 Systems

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 8 months ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WannaBAMillion's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Eagleville
United States
Member #174301
April 13, 2016
8 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2016, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Can anyone recommend a lottery system for a novice lottery enthusiast? I have engaged in a few different systems but I have not had satisfactory or even consistent results. Winning a pick 5 or pick 6 is going to take work and effort which I don't lack. However lately I have been on a terrible inconsistent losing streak. I wheel my numbers but my pool size is too large and make it difficult for wheeling on a small budget. Any advice, help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

WannaBAMillionare..... So Freaking bad! Wink

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2016, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Play only amounts you can afford tp lose and expect to lose.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Eagleville
      United States
      Member #174301
      April 13, 2016
      8 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2016, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Thanks... RJOh, I never play more than what I am comfortable with. However I can increase my budget by trapping more numbers in my previous drawings. I used to be able to hit 3 to 4 numbers consistently, that way I always made my money back. My analysis of numbers has grown but I wonder if I am over analyzing it because I haven't won since I expanded. I use a program called Lotto Pro to capture numbers and give some basic statistics to help select numbers but I fear I may not be using the program correctly.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
        Member #164727
        March 12, 2015
        2517 Posts
        Posted: April 13, 2016, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

The odds of those big games will make it nearly impossible to win the JP, or at best make a regular income. I would suggest starting with something like the pick 3 game. Once you dabble in the pick-3 games for a few months, and realize how difficult it is to beat 1 in a 1,000 odds, you'll be convinced you're wasting your time playing the big games.

The p-3 has 1 in 1,000 odds for a straight win. Our Fantasy Five game which has 36 numbers to choose, has about a 1 in 376,000 odds of winning the JP with one ticket purchase. Now imagine a pick-3 game that is 376 times harder to win.

The above example was from a game that wasn't even in the millions to 1 odds. The Florida lotto game is about 23 million to 1. That's a pick 3 game that is 23,000 times harder to win. 

Do you really want me to do the PB game comparison? Green laugh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2016, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Thanks... RJOh, I never play more than what I am comfortable with. However I can increase my budget by trapping more numbers in my previous drawings. I used to be able to hit 3 to 4 numbers consistently, that way I always made my money back. My analysis of numbers has grown but I wonder if I am over analyzing it because I haven't won since I expanded. I use a program called Lotto Pro to capture numbers and give some basic statistics to help select numbers but I fear I may not be using the program correctly.

I had the same problem, the winning combinations I picked were always among the first ten or so I picked whether I picked ten or fifty so now I only pick 10 or so.  Playing more combinations never covered the cost of playing more combinations.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Eagleville
            United States
            Member #174301
            April 13, 2016
            8 Posts
            Posted: April 13, 2016, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I had the same problem, the winning combinations I picked were always among the first ten or so I picked whether I picked ten or fifty so now I only pick 10 or so.  Playing more combinations never covered the cost of playing more combinations.

Thats a great point. I just like so many of the numbers. hard to choose a few. always feel I am leaving something out.

Eagleville
              United States
              Member #174301
              April 13, 2016
              8 Posts
              Posted: April 13, 2016, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

The odds of those big games will make it nearly impossible to win the JP, or at best make a regular income. I would suggest starting with something like the pick 3 game. Once you dabble in the pick-3 games for a few months, and realize how difficult it is to beat 1 in a 1,000 odds, you'll be convinced you're wasting your time playing the big games.

The p-3 has 1 in 1,000 odds for a straight win. Our Fantasy Five game which has 36 numbers to choose, has about a 1 in 376,000 odds of winning the JP with one ticket purchase. Now imagine a pick-3 game that is 376 times harder to win.

The above example was from a game that wasn't even in the millions to 1 odds. The Florida lotto game is about 23 million to 1. That's a pick 3 game that is 23,000 times harder to win. 

Do you really want me to do the PB game comparison? Green laugh

Lol... I am well aware of the odds! Wink My point was merely that I do try to narrow the odds by selecting a group of numbers that are usally in the next drawing. I sometimes capture 3,4, and 5 numbers in a pick 5 and pick 6 game. Of course I would like to win the jackpot but winning consistently is a goal. 

I don't really know much about the pick 3 or pick 4, always seem a bit complicated and costly. Ill look into it and see what I can learn about it. Any advice or guidance you can give. I use a program called lotto pro.

backwoods ga
                United States
                Member #155844
                May 31, 2014
                1887 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2016, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

seems like you're advertising for lotto pro.  Let's see what Todd think.... 

my name Lil Darryl   you got some Milk

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23261 Posts
                  Posted: April 13, 2016, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

seems like you're advertising for lotto pro.  Let's see what Todd think.... 

Well, he said he was doing very poorly using the software, so it's not much of an advertisement! Wink

(Thanks for looking out for people posting advertisements -- I'm not sure this is one.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!