Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

System Rebuild

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 months ago by ProfessorChaos.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
On The Edge of Infinity
United States
Member #160681
November 4, 2014
52 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2016, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I have still had no word from Dead Aim or Helpmewin.  I hope you both are well.  I was trying to email my file to a friend for our states pick 3 and I came across a snafu.  The file is to0 large.   Apparently a file over 20 MB cannot be "attached"  That means I will have to start deleting charts.  Since many tabs are linked, I have to do this rebuild with extreme precision.  I have already saved an archival file, in case I ruin it.  I have to use skydrive or upload to dropbox if I want to share.  Those are new things for me so I am hesitant.  Anybody else out there have similar situations?  It's a little frustrating because I bought a new laptop, and cant get the file over to it.

While I was typing this, I just had the idea to save the file to a flash drive.  You guys are great!  Thanks for the help.  I am going to do that right now.

In lotto breaking even is winning- Gail Howard

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49674 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2016, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I have still had no word from Dead Aim or Helpmewin.  I hope you both are well.  I was trying to email my file to a friend for our states pick 3 and I came across a snafu.  The file is to0 large.   Apparently a file over 20 MB cannot be "attached"  That means I will have to start deleting charts.  Since many tabs are linked, I have to do this rebuild with extreme precision.  I have already saved an archival file, in case I ruin it.  I have to use skydrive or upload to dropbox if I want to share.  Those are new things for me so I am hesitant.  Anybody else out there have similar situations?  It's a little frustrating because I bought a new laptop, and cant get the file over to it.

While I was typing this, I just had the idea to save the file to a flash drive.  You guys are great!  Thanks for the help.  I am going to do that right now.

Did the flash drive work?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #2218
      September 1, 2003
      5387 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2016, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I normally will zip the file and upload to onedrive.

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

Never have a problem sharing links.

On The Edge of Infinity
        United States
        Member #160681
        November 4, 2014
        52 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2016, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I have not tried it yet.  I was rummaging through my junk at home and could not find the one I bought to transfer my very old files from a year ago.  I just came from Microcenter where I purchased three new Flash Drive.  Two 8Gig, and one 16Gig.  I will try later and post an update.

On The Edge of Infinity
          United States
          Member #160681
          November 4, 2014
          52 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2016, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I normally will zip the file and upload to onedrive.

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/

Never have a problem sharing links.

I will take a look thanks.

On The Edge of Infinity
            United States
            Member #160681
            November 4, 2014
            52 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2016, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

The first flashdrive was an emtech looney tune theme.  Marvin the Martian.  He was pretty cool looking.  I plugged him in and it just started copying files automatically.  That was kind of scary.  So I just ejected it and returned it for a refund.  The second drive worked well, it was  a 16 GB 2.0.  The third drive was also cool looking.  It was a 8 GB minion by Illumination.  It worked well also.  Except the head is a little large when you plug it in so it pushes on any other UBS device.  Also a little pricey at 12 dollars.  The microcenter 16 GB is only around 5 dollars.  I am using the office 365 and I find that if the file is too big, there is a lot of "not responding" pauses, which can be frustrating.