Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which states lotteries mirror each other or follows similar trends

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
GwizQ1's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
Member #173767
March 18, 2016
187 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2016, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Greetings all,

I primarily am looking for insights from those of you who play the same numbers for multiple states lotteries.  Which states would you say are the easiest to track together?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4874 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2016, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Greetings all,

I primarily am looking for insights from those of you who play the same numbers for multiple states lotteries.  Which states would you say are the easiest to track together?

Do a LP search for sister states.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7313 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2016, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Greetings all,

If there are states that mirror each other, it means their drawings are not exactly random. I've read about trends many times on LP, but for some reason they only vaguely identify what they call trends. Or the combinations created from their trends cost more than one could possibly win.

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1704 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2016, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Do a LP search for sister states.

I think the list of "Sister States" on LP is probably outdated by now.  Lottery Patterns change in most states over time.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7313 Posts
          Posted: April 28, 2016, 1:51 am - IP Logged

I think the list of "Sister States" on LP is probably outdated by now.  Lottery Patterns change in most states over time.

What type of patterns are you talking about?

Madison, WI
            United States
            Member #172977
            February 11, 2016
            515 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2016, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Is it possible that what you are observing is not patterns changing in most states over time, but the fact that there are no patterns and the lotteries are random?

United States
              Member #172415
              January 23, 2016
              3795 Posts
              Posted: April 28, 2016, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Is it possible that what you are observing is not patterns changing in most states over time, but the fact that there are no patterns and the lotteries are random?

Lotteries are rigged that's why system works otherwise systems wouldn't work if it was random all though big jackpot games are random only sometimes rigged when it goes to $200+ million then again becomes random after 300 or 400 + million

United States
                Member #172415
                January 23, 2016
                3795 Posts
                Posted: April 28, 2016, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

For Pick3 NY copies NJ the most

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49767 Posts
                  Posted: April 28, 2016, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Apophenia is the human tendency to perceive meaningful patterns within random data when none exists.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                    San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: April 28, 2016, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

What type of patterns are you talking about?

A little out-of-the-box thinking can provide some answers re: trends.

There are 1000 combinations in any Pick 3 game regardless of the state in which the game is played.
                    The law of chance suggests that given the number of games being played every day there are times when there may be
                    some similarities between the winning permutations in two or more states.
                    I suppose there are lottery coders who have created tracking charts that ring a bell or something when 1.2.3 comes up in
                    several states.
                    But, in my opinion, believing that 1.2.3 in New York Day drawing means 1.2.3 will come up in the night drawing in Oregon is crazy.
                    Folks who really believe such a thing is possible need to step back and look for other entertainment.
                    It happens but not often enough to provide a useful tracking chart.

The random question has been discussed in LP numerous times.
                    Circular arguments that waste time and space.
                    All one has to do is watch the lottery machines at work over a period of time.
                    Anyone who believes the machines are rigged to provide a specific combination shouldn't be playing the lottery, in my opinion.
                    The selection method is about as random as it can be.
                    However, the given the limit of 1000 permutations there are going to be a certain amount of duplication that might suggest
                    the selection method is not random.
                    But, who cares
                    It is what it is.
                    Again, folks who can't accept lottery reality might want to do something else.
                    I can't believe I read a recent posting where the individual was complaining that he wasn't winning because the game ISN'T RANDOM ENOUGH!

Trends
                    Because we can never know what the next winning permutation will be in advance, trends is the only viable alternative.
                    Keeping in mind that trend analysis is not a prediction method.
                    All we can do is create charts that track specific lottery events.
                    I use a substitution workout that is designed to generate several data streams.
                    The applicable question is What's Next.
                    My method provides realistic answers that suggest, not predict, what the next element in the tracking chart could be.
                    It's educated guesswork.
                    My guesses are correct often enough to make all the work worthwhile.

Which raises another point.
                    It seems a lot of LP visitors are looking for the easy stuff. Punch a key and get winning permutations.
                    Not going to happen.
                    To have a chance, a player must be willing to get out some graph paper and use his intellect to craft some useful charts.
                    This, of course, will take time and dedicated effort.
                    Folks who don't have the time, the smarts, or whatever, to do some heavy lifting, so to speak, are spending money that
                    maybe should be used for new shoes for the kids, or whatever.

If you (generic) are interested, go to Page 12 in the Systems forum
                    Click on Substitution Works, Pick 3.
                    There is basic game history chart that contains everything a player needs.
                    All you need is some imagination to find the possible tracking charts.
                    Over a period of time, these charts will show TRENDS a player can use to find best answers to the What's Next question.
                    But don't come to me for answers.
                    You have got to figure it out for yourself. If you can't, well, that's life.
                    Face it. We can't reverse engineer the lottery machine.
                    But we can use the power of substitution to create as many tracking charts as we feel we need.
                    One suggestion. Don't waste time with artificial crap  like sums, roots, odds, evens, high lows, VTRACS, and similar junk.
                    The lottery drawing machines don't add and subtract so why should you?
                    Hope I haven't hurt any feelings.  If I have, then maybe I've made my points!!

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7313 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2016, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

A little out-of-the-box thinking can provide some answers re: trends.

There are 1000 combinations in any Pick 3 game regardless of the state in which the game is played.
                      The law of chance suggests that given the number of games being played every day there are times when there may be
                      some similarities between the winning permutations in two or more states.
                      I suppose there are lottery coders who have created tracking charts that ring a bell or something when 1.2.3 comes up in
                      several states.
                      But, in my opinion, believing that 1.2.3 in New York Day drawing means 1.2.3 will come up in the night drawing in Oregon is crazy.
                      Folks who really believe such a thing is possible need to step back and look for other entertainment.
                      It happens but not often enough to provide a useful tracking chart.

The random question has been discussed in LP numerous times.
                      Circular arguments that waste time and space.
                      All one has to do is watch the lottery machines at work over a period of time.
                      Anyone who believes the machines are rigged to provide a specific combination shouldn't be playing the lottery, in my opinion.
                      The selection method is about as random as it can be.
                      However, the given the limit of 1000 permutations there are going to be a certain amount of duplication that might suggest
                      the selection method is not random.
                      But, who cares
                      It is what it is.
                      Again, folks who can't accept lottery reality might want to do something else.
                      I can't believe I read a recent posting where the individual was complaining that he wasn't winning because the game ISN'T RANDOM ENOUGH!

Trends
                      Because we can never know what the next winning permutation will be in advance, trends is the only viable alternative.
                      Keeping in mind that trend analysis is not a prediction method.
                      All we can do is create charts that track specific lottery events.
                      I use a substitution workout that is designed to generate several data streams.
                      The applicable question is What's Next.
                      My method provides realistic answers that suggest, not predict, what the next element in the tracking chart could be.
                      It's educated guesswork.
                      My guesses are correct often enough to make all the work worthwhile.

Which raises another point.
                      It seems a lot of LP visitors are looking for the easy stuff. Punch a key and get winning permutations.
                      Not going to happen.
                      To have a chance, a player must be willing to get out some graph paper and use his intellect to craft some useful charts.
                      This, of course, will take time and dedicated effort.
                      Folks who don't have the time, the smarts, or whatever, to do some heavy lifting, so to speak, are spending money that
                      maybe should be used for new shoes for the kids, or whatever.

If you (generic) are interested, go to Page 12 in the Systems forum
                      Click on Substitution Works, Pick 3.
                      There is basic game history chart that contains everything a player needs.
                      All you need is some imagination to find the possible tracking charts.
                      Over a period of time, these charts will show TRENDS a player can use to find best answers to the What's Next question.
                      But don't come to me for answers.
                      You have got to figure it out for yourself. If you can't, well, that's life.
                      Face it. We can't reverse engineer the lottery machine.
                      But we can use the power of substitution to create as many tracking charts as we feel we need.
                      One suggestion. Don't waste time with artificial crap  like sums, roots, odds, evens, high lows, VTRACS, and similar junk.
                      The lottery drawing machines don't add and subtract so why should you?
                      Hope I haven't hurt any feelings.  If I have, then maybe I've made my points!!

I Agree! and adding what some call trends are really probability or standard deviation. With pick-3 games it starts with the 10 digits in each digit position that creates cause and effect on the 300 pairs and 1000 three digit numbers. In the next ten pick-3 drawings in any state on average 7 or 8 digits should be drawn in each digit position. The effect of that is 70 to 80 front pairs, back pairs and outside pairs are drawn and 700 to 800 three digit combos in the next 1000 drawings. Since the same probability applies to high/low, even/odd, root sums, sums last digit etc., what some call trends are just standard deviation.

As for tracking and comparing results from other states, the "Daily Numbers Games" tool is a very useful.