Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Repeating Quick Picks

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 7 months ago by realtorjim.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
Member #106923
February 27, 2011
478 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2016, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

I asked the clerk at a new local gas/convenience store for three quick picks with three draw dates (advanced play).  She handed me three separate tickets with one set of numbers on each, and each for three draws.  Though I really wanted all three on one ticket, no big deal.  I took the tickets.  After getting home I looked at the tickets.  Each has the same identical set of lottery numbers.  Thinking they were just reprints, I examined them more thoroughly.  Nope, not duplicates.  Each has different identification numbers, and each has varying purchase times (though only seconds apart).  Each also carries the "QP" indicating it is a quick pick.  Each also has differing, but sequential, transaction numbers. Anyone else experience this?  I will post photos after the last draw.

A bizarre aspect is the circumstance surrounding the purchase of the tickets.  My mother just passed away and while cleaning out things a few dollars were found.  I asked my two brothers if they wanted me to buy Powerball lottery ticket(s) and split three ways.  So, I end up getting three separate tickets, each with the same set of "quick pick" numbers, for us three brothers to split three ways.  Maybe this is the time... If so, thanks Mom!

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40609 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2016, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

My husband says he's noticed it, maybe I'll start keeping track.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
      Member #106923
      February 27, 2011
      478 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2016, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

My husband says he's noticed it, maybe I'll start keeping track.

Of course, pre-drawings I hope it is some kind of omen.  However, post drawings I am sure I will feel like I was cheated out of two other possible winning quick picks. Let It All Out

United States
        Member #106923
        February 27, 2011
        478 Posts
        Posted: May 18, 2016, 10:52 am - IP Logged

For anyone who may be curious and is checking, the original tickets were for three drawings.  However, upon the urging of a friend, I played the number set for 20 advanced draws.  Hence, the reasoning for not posting a photo of them yet.  Though I don't mind sharing, it would be somewhat disappointing to find out 100 other people also won, if it were to hit.  I have saved the originals and will post upon the conclusion of the latter advance draw ticket.  As a note, my research only found two other publicized instances of this happening.  Maybe Todd is aware of more.  Also, an email to MUSL two weeks ago has gone unanswered.  Great customer service MUSL, just ignore circumstances you do not want to address.