Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky Dip

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 6 months ago by dr65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bondi Junction
Australia
Member #57242
December 24, 2007
1102 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2016, 5:33 am - IP Logged

My cousin Geoffrey plays the British National Lottery in Warwickshire, UK, by subscription. When he wins a prize, he receives an email with the news. He recently won a Lucky Dip, and received the following email.

Congratulations! You've matched 2 numbers on the Lotto draw on Sat 30 Apr 2016 and won a Lucky Dip. Your Lucky Dip is entered into the draw on Wed 4 May 2016.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #169723
    October 29, 2015
    879 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2016, 9:00 am - IP Logged

My cousin Geoffrey plays the British National Lottery in Warwickshire, UK, by subscription. When he wins a prize, he receives an email with the news. He recently won a Lucky Dip, and received the following email.

Congratulations! You've matched 2 numbers on the Lotto draw on Sat 30 Apr 2016 and won a Lucky Dip. Your Lucky Dip is entered into the draw on Wed 4 May 2016.

Better than getting nothing at all!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1522 Posts
      Posted: May 2, 2016, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Are lucky dips the same as quick picks?

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
        Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        879 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2016, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Are lucky dips the same as quick picks?

I Googled "LUCKY DIP" and got this as an answer.

A Lucky Dip is a randomly-generated entry...so in short, your answer is YES

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
          Happy California
          United States
          Member #157856
          August 2, 2014
          1522 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2016, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I Googled "LUCKY DIP" and got this as an answer.

A Lucky Dip is a randomly-generated entry...so in short, your answer is YES

Thank You, TheMeatman2005, I do not intend on visiting the UK. We have English as our language but it is so different across the pond. The "pond" being the North Atlantic Ocean.

Good Luck to all Lottery players wherever you may be in this world.Party

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2016, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations! You've matched 2 numbers on the Lotto draw on Wed 4 May 2016 and won a Lucky Dip. Your Lucky Dip is entered into the draw on Sat 7 May 2016.

You can also view your free Lucky Dip ticket by signing in to My games.

Did you know, you can choose which draw day your free Lucky Dips are entered into, next time you win? Just follow this link to make your choice.

What happens next?
            We'll check your numbers for you and email you if you win.

By playing you're contributing to National Lottery projects. Read more about the lives you're helping to change.

Thank you for playing and good luck!

National Lottery Customer Care Team

Bondi Junction
              Australia
              Member #57242
              December 24, 2007
              1102 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

My cousin got this email from the British National Lottery:

Dear Geoffrey
              We've got some news about your ticket from the draw on Saturday 7 May 2016.

Please sign in to your account as soon as you can for more information.

Congratulations and thank you for playing.

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
                Zaperlopopotam
                Belgium
                Member #173932
                March 26, 2016
                962 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2016, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Very interesting.

Bondi Junction
                  Australia
                  Member #57242
                  December 24, 2007
                  1102 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2016, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Geoffrey has done it again! He got this email with the good news.

Dear Geoffrey:
                  We've got some news about your ticket from the draw on Wednesday 11 May 2016.

Please sign in to your account as soon as you can for more information.

Congratulations and thank you for playing.

Bondi Junction
                    Australia
                    Member #57242
                    December 24, 2007
                    1102 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2016, 2:31 am - IP Logged

My cousin Geoffrey, the lucky old chap, has done it again!

Dear Geoffrey

Congratulations! You have won 3 Lucky Dips.

You can also view your free Lucky Dip ticket by signing in to My games.

Did you know, you can choose which draw day your free Lucky Dips are entered into, next time you win? Just follow this link to make your choice.

What happens next?
                    We'll check your numbers for you and email you if you win.

By playing you're contributing to National Lottery projects. Read more about the lives you're helping to change.

Thank you for playing and good luck!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      22945 Posts
                      Posted: June 11, 2016, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Is it possible Geoffrey's account has been hacked? I can't imagine the time involved

even if by automated prize winning notifications, to inform each subscriber of their

minimal win of a Lucky Dip/Quick pick ticket. The sign in links seemed to have increased

in subsequent emails, making it easier/more tempting to click one. I hope Geoffrey's 

method of payment is secured or extremely limited in the balance availability and

accessibility.

Kudos to Geoffrey if this is all on the up and up and best of luck to him for a huge win!