Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can't Get Into The Chatroom

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Ron5995.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
Member #1987
August 5, 2003
8968 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2016, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I have tried to get into the chatroom for two weeks now, and I keep getting an error message that says I    must login,but I am logged in.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5615 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2016, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I have tried to get into the chatroom for two weeks now, and I keep getting an error message that says I    must login,but I am logged in.

PM Todd. He can help you.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49813 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2016, 10:58 am - IP Logged

PM Todd. He can help you.

Or use "Contact Us" to the left...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22968 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2016, 6:56 am - IP Logged

I"ve seen that message before, frustrating just like my inability to post pics which after the longest time and giving

up time after time after time, I can do it now again. What? 

There are a few things glitchy here at times..pm's, page missing info, posts missing...emoticons missing, inability to

log in....Todd will say clear your cache but sometimes that's not the answer that works for everyone. 

I know you've been a chat room visitor for a long time...you would imagine by now you know how to do it...so when 

simple things become a problem for long time members, used to doing things quickly and easily around here...pics!...

it is VERY frustrating. 

Try clearing your temp files or maybe it's a different browser you need...I'll tell you what I think about that answer though..

usually it's Todd's suggestion for some problems.....why run a different browser when the one you're accustomed to worked

in the past? I don't like that. Before I get the rush to make lp great again...I AM NOT complaining...just stating there are 

a couple problems from time to time and when it's something out of the blue, you have to think...what did TODD do??

RIGHT NOW...LP is running fine for me....and I'm a happy member.

Good luck.

Ask Todd.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23275 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2016, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Thanks, Laverne did contact me, and there is something wrong with the chat room.  Hopefully I can fix it before next Sunday's chat session, but I'm not sure at this point.  Sorry!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23275 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2016, 2:48 pm - IP Logged
              Wyomissing, PA
              United States
              Member #161050
              November 15, 2014
              301 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2016, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

On occasion, though not lately, my browser will stall when posting a new message here - never have such an issue anywhere else. Chrome indicates "waiting for available socket". I suspect the issue is related to scripts and other resources being served from a Lottery Post related domain, such as the main domain, LP.VG (Todd owns it), or maybe even AWS cloudfront, etc. I don't have the knowledge nor the tools to say for sure, but something is different here than other sites I visit. Hopefully, Todd can figure it out.

Overall, LP runs fine the vast majority of the time. However, best to save a copy of one's message when posting on any website (even if just to the clipboard; not 100% fool-proof, but good enough) before clicking Post button.

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23275 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2016, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

On occasion, though not lately, my browser will stall when posting a new message here - never have such an issue anywhere else. Chrome indicates "waiting for available socket". I suspect the issue is related to scripts and other resources being served from a Lottery Post related domain, such as the main domain, LP.VG (Todd owns it), or maybe even AWS cloudfront, etc. I don't have the knowledge nor the tools to say for sure, but something is different here than other sites I visit. Hopefully, Todd can figure it out.

Overall, LP runs fine the vast majority of the time. However, best to save a copy of one's message when posting on any website (even if just to the clipboard; not 100% fool-proof, but good enough) before clicking Post button.

Nope, that is not from Lottery Post.  There is no socket coding here.  You should scan your PC for viruses or other malware, and be sure you are not running any toolbars or other browser plug-ins that might be communicating with remote servers.

Also, there is no need to copy contents of the editor to the clipboard.  There is an autosave feature that saves the editor contents automatically, even if your browser crashes.  You just click the "life-ring" icon on the top-left of the editor toolbar to restore the editor contents from the last time you were using it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Wyomissing, PA
                  United States
                  Member #161050
                  November 15, 2014
                  301 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2016, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Nope, that is not from Lottery Post.  There is no socket coding here.  You should scan your PC for viruses or other malware, and be sure you are not running any toolbars or other browser plug-ins that might be communicating with remote servers.

Also, there is no need to copy contents of the editor to the clipboard.  There is an autosave feature that saves the editor contents automatically, even if your browser crashes.  You just click the "life-ring" icon on the top-left of the editor toolbar to restore the editor contents from the last time you were using it.

HTTP connections utilize sockets. Both servers and clients limit the number of open sockets in total and by resource. When LotteryPost would stall, all other sites continued functioning normally. Presumably, if malware, virus, etc was causing the issue, I'd experience similar trouble elsewhere, but never have.

Chrome users may view such technical details at: chrome://net-internals/#sockets

The life-ring is useful, but not infallible. Does it protect data through browser crash / after closing browser? Definitely nice to have though, nevertheless.