Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions & Powerball, how I play.

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Slick Nick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Rochester
United States
Member #103282
January 1, 2011
603 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2016, 8:41 am - IP Logged

Morning everyone! Coffee Here in Todd's Lottery Discussion page, we hear all kinds of stories of who plays what games, and how and when they do. Big Grin Multiple opinions are also given. So here's mine. My thought, game plan is to win the general Lottery on Wednesday and Saturday here in New York. My alternate game of choice for wagering is Take 5. Yes Nod

I always play these games, and alone. Hiding Behind Computer

As far as the Mega Millions and Powerball games, I enjoy collecting a few bucks from friends and betting as a group. These people are generally work colleagues, a general friend, a local merchant where I do business. DanceI honestly feel that winning 2, 3 hundred million is to much money, and much harder to handle. The object in winning is to be able to enjoy yourself, relax, see and do things you couldn't ordinarily do.  Winning huge amounts can turn into a real chore, headache. You have to hire people to watch, guard and advise you. This can be difficult. Then stress and nerves react. There have been stories where people have won big and ended up broke or dead. Crazy

For me, 5 or 10 million would fit the gap just nice. And that's my story. Have a great day everyone. Smile

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3850 Posts
    Posted: May 8, 2016, 9:22 am - IP Logged

I agree, to much is...to much !

I mostly play the cash for life game, odds are better and prize is right size.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Rochester
      United States
      Member #103282
      January 1, 2011
      603 Posts
      Posted: May 8, 2016, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Yup, you got that right Haymaker. I play that once in awhile myself. Yes Nod

NYC
        United States
        Member #161115
        November 17, 2014
        126 Posts
        Posted: May 8, 2016, 10:26 am - IP Logged

This has always been my goal. Winning a good amount to live comfortably.  Not too much, not too little.  Have a modest size house, 1 or 2 dream car,  and to travel wherever  I want. Having less possessions allows you to keep track of things and easier to balance.

Rochester
          United States
          Member #103282
          January 1, 2011
          603 Posts
          Posted: May 8, 2016, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Well said, and to the point SoleWinner21. Yes Nod

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
            Brooklyn, NY
            United States
            Member #169723
            October 29, 2015
            877 Posts
            Posted: May 8, 2016, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

Morning everyone! Coffee Here in Todd's Lottery Discussion page, we hear all kinds of stories of who plays what games, and how and when they do. Big Grin Multiple opinions are also given. So here's mine. My thought, game plan is to win the general Lottery on Wednesday and Saturday here in New York. My alternate game of choice for wagering is Take 5. Yes Nod

I always play these games, and alone. Hiding Behind Computer

As far as the Mega Millions and Powerball games, I enjoy collecting a few bucks from friends and betting as a group. These people are generally work colleagues, a general friend, a local merchant where I do business. DanceI honestly feel that winning 2, 3 hundred million is to much money, and much harder to handle. The object in winning is to be able to enjoy yourself, relax, see and do things you couldn't ordinarily do.  Winning huge amounts can turn into a real chore, headache. You have to hire people to watch, guard and advise you. This can be difficult. Then stress and nerves react. There have been stories where people have won big and ended up broke or dead. Crazy

For me, 5 or 10 million would fit the gap just nice. And that's my story. Have a great day everyone. Smile

One solution to winning "more than enough" is if you win more than you want / need, you can always give what you don't want away.

There are many charities that can always use a sizable donation.

I hope to win one day and hope it's enough that I can enjoy the rest of my life, provide for my family as well as contribute to charities.

The thing about money is when you win a sizable amount, you end up changing your life style. Bigger houses, fancy more expensive cars and over expenses.

One thing I didn't think possible was to have too much money

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Rochester
              United States
              Member #103282
              January 1, 2011
              603 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2016, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

You have made a point TheMeatman2005, thanx for commenting! Yes Nod