Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

buy online

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 7 months ago by myturn.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #174742
May 10, 2016
1 Posts
Posted: May 10, 2016, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I buy my big game and power ball tickets online. Does anybody know if any has won the jackpot who bought ticket online?

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
    Zaperlopopotam
    Belgium
    Member #173932
    March 26, 2016
    978 Posts
    Posted: May 10, 2016, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Thank you very much for the information.

United States
      Member #174758
      May 11, 2016
      1 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2016, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

So far relatively few states have allowed online lottery sales.  Here in Illinois, no one has won a jackpot game online.  They noted this when supposedly it was going to be shut down awhile back(but never was) b/c of legislature inaction. 

That being said, many people are paranoid about signing and cashing in a winning jackpot paper ticket(should they be so lucky) without it mysteriously being lost burned, destroyed or stolen by a shady relative, random burglary, lawyer or lottery ticket clerk. 

With an online winning ticket,  the paranoia would reach new heights.    Hackers and identity thieves would try their best to "steal" the winnings away.  The lottery typically posts the store where the winning physical ticket was sold rather quickly.  Considering no one has ever won a jackpot game online, can imagine they'd be quick to advertise it was sold online.  Then let the fun begin for those of lower morals who can hack anything. 

That being said, I wonder how many forms of ID it would take to claim an online jackpot?

Bondi Junction
        Australia
        Member #57242
        December 24, 2007
        1102 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2016, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I buy my big game and power ball tickets online. Does anybody know if any has won the jackpot who bought ticket online?

I play NY Lottery online, but I haven't won any big prizes yet!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
          Member #169277
          October 10, 2015
          630 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2016, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Not a huge MM or PB size jackpot, but Illinois has had Lucky Day Lotto online winners. That's twice a day game with jackpots in the $x00,000.00 range.

Bondi Junction
            Australia
            Member #57242
            December 24, 2007
            1102 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2016, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I play NY Lottery online, but I haven't won any big prizes yet!

I do get regular emails, telling me I have won small prizes, which are credited to my subscription account. I enjoy getting the emails, it is fun.

May-07-2016

Dear
            Congratulations! Your Mega Millions subscription has won a low tier prize between $1 and $600. Please visit your NY Lottery player account https://www.mynylottery.org/portal/auth/portalHome.do for details.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your NY Lottery player account, please contact a Lottery Representative by emailing lot.sm.subscriptions@gaming.ny.gov or by calling 518-388-3370.

Thank you,

The NY Lottery

We all get a lot out of lotteries!