Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas Scratchoffs

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Cher46.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124304
March 11, 2012
62 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2016, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I know I don't post on here often, but I have to tell you what a horrible day I had yesterday. In the morning I went to my local convenience store and lost $180 on a mix of the $20 ticket 100x and the $10 ticket Cash Craze. Later in the evening, I went to my second regular store and lost $400 on the Cash Craze!! I started playing on number 15 and went all the way to the end of the pack (35 tickets folks). I checked all the tickets on the scanner like I always do and got nothing more than $20 which I used to play more tickets. What a joke this is. This ticket just came out recently and the first day I got a Craze symbol for $200 (20x with $10 under it) . Of course I spent all that immediately like an idiot. Anyway, this is just not fun anymore. I used to see some Texas players on this forum posting some good wins. They are just not happening anymore, at least not in my area. Good luck everyone!

Coal Thumb's avatar - Lottery-052.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #169635
    October 25, 2015
    80 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2016, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I never played much in Texas when I lived there. Broke even (completely! For the probably 40 bucks total I spent. My final 12 dollar winner I gave to a homeless guy. It just wasn't my thing then. Probably a good thing. Looks like tickets aren't great.)

I was like he probably needs it more than I do if I'm just gonna play lottery and eat junk. I was a lot more stable then. Wtf happened.

2 - super scunion | 1 - quad scunion | few - triple scunion | 1 - super funion | some - double scunion | 1 - triple funion | lost count - scunion/funion

$1 - FTY | $2 - HUN | $3 - ZSA | $5/ $10 - FVH | $20 - UKA (playbook - HUN) | $25 - OQA | $30 ???

United States
      Member #124304
      March 11, 2012
      62 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2016, 6:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply Coal Thumb. Where in NY do you live? I am from Queens originally.

NY
        United States
        Member #169635
        October 25, 2015
        80 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2016, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Won't say exactly but about half an hour from albany

2 - super scunion | 1 - quad scunion | few - triple scunion | 1 - super funion | some - double scunion | 1 - triple funion | lost count - scunion/funion

$1 - FTY | $2 - HUN | $3 - ZSA | $5/ $10 - FVH | $20 - UKA (playbook - HUN) | $25 - OQA | $30 ???

United States
          Member #124304
          March 11, 2012
          62 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2016, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Well, I hope you are having good luck in your area.

Florida
            United States
            Member #172872
            February 7, 2016
            603 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2016, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your reply Coal Thumb. Where in NY do you live? I am from Queens originally.

Queens? Cool. I am from Harlem, but have alot of family in Queens (Astoria and Jamaica Queens). Smile

Sorry to hear the Texas tickets are rough. I'm hearing alot of people struggling with luck lately in many states. I've cut down and only scratch 2 times a month now because of how bad FL lottery has gotten.

NY
              United States
              Member #169635
              October 25, 2015
              80 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2016, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I'm trying a new strat where I play usually in the $20 spurts until I'm out of cash, then take all the winners and toss them in the bank, wait til next check and start again. (After bills of course). Most recent 2 day spree only lost 100, rest in bank...not bad at all!

United States
                Member #124304
                March 11, 2012
                62 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2016, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi Dracos, yeah I am from Jackson Heights. I spent a lot of time in Astoria growing up. Very cool that you are from Harlem. Anyway, thanks for your reply. I have to develop a new strategy or not play at all. Maybe I will try 2 times a month as well. Take care and good luck!

United States
                  Member #124304
                  March 11, 2012
                  62 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2016, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Coal Thumb, that sounds like a good plan! I definitely need to change the way I am playing and if I do win I need to walk away with the money. Good luck to you!

Houston, TX
                    United States
                    Member #145644
                    August 10, 2013
                    121 Posts
                    Posted: May 18, 2016, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

The 50$ tickets here in Texas are a complete rip off, hard to even hit 100$ on those ones. 20$ tickets like        HIT 1000000 and 100X are ok, i've had some decent luck on HIT 1Mil....bunch of 200$ winners and few 500$ ones. on the 100X its fairly easy to hit 100$ but anything over that you have to be very very lucky. I have never seen 20X 50X or 100X symbols. When it comes to 10$ tickets, they can either run very hot or very cold. I like the HIT 500K one but dislike the new ticket Cash Craze.....bought maybe 50-100 of those tickets and never seen a winner more than 20$. When it comes to lottery, the odds of winning a good amount on a tickets keep on going down year after year. Why cant i just hit 1 grand prize on any ticket so i can stop throwing my money away.

United States
                      Member #124304
                      March 11, 2012
                      62 Posts
                      Posted: May 19, 2016, 2:31 am - IP Logged

Hi Playernumbertwo,

Thanks for your post. Sorry you are not having much luck either. I have not played for a few days because my luck has been so bad on all tickets. The string of losers on the $5 ticket and up is really pathetic. Anyway, I hope you do hit a big one soon. Good luck to you!