Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky's follower system past postings

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 8 months ago by amber123.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
Member #164727
March 12, 2015
2645 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2016, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm a big fan of followers in the p-3 game, and enjoy comparing my picks to Lucky's follower numbers. Is there any way to have a history of his predictions so I can do a back test of the efficacy of the system?

Thank you Todd for a great site.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    1743 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2016, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

One thing that I don't like about the Lucky Daily Tracker and Lucky Follower systems is that there is No way to back test the accuracy of these systems.  You can only use these 2 systems by foresight [forward - b/c that is the way the DATE registers - you cannot go backward by DATE in order to Back test], unless you start on Monday and keep track of the results that the systems produce for the entire week, and then check back over that week for accuracy.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23345 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2016, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

One thing that I don't like about the Lucky Daily Tracker and Lucky Follower systems is that there is No way to back test the accuracy of these systems.  You can only use these 2 systems by foresight [forward - b/c that is the way the DATE registers - you cannot go backward by DATE in order to Back test], unless you start on Monday and keep track of the results that the systems produce for the entire week, and then check back over that week for accuracy.

Lucky has been posting predictions from his systems here on Lottery Post for 16 years.  He has nothing to prove, and backtesting in general is fairly meaningless.  Anyone can create a system that backtests great, then provides no value for the future.

Lucky was beyond generous to donate his systems to Lottery Post, especially given his tremendous insight into lottery systems over the years, as well as his incredible success.  I have personally hit many times using Lucky's systems.

Nevertheless, if you do want to test Lucky's systems over time, there is nothing preventing you from doing so.  Simply record the predictions every day and compare to actuals.  The systems have been available on Lottery Post for around 10 years, so anyone wanting to do this would have 10 YEARS of testing data.  However, I'm not going to waste time programming something like that, because as I mentioned, backtesting is fairly meaningless.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1743 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2016, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Lucky has been posting predictions from his systems here on Lottery Post for 16 years.  He has nothing to prove, and backtesting in general is fairly meaningless.  Anyone can create a system that backtests great, then provides no value for the future.

Lucky was beyond generous to donate his systems to Lottery Post, especially given his tremendous insight into lottery systems over the years, as well as his incredible success.  I have personally hit many times using Lucky's systems.

Nevertheless, if you do want to test Lucky's systems over time, there is nothing preventing you from doing so.  Simply record the predictions every day and compare to actuals.  The systems have been available on Lottery Post for around 10 years, so anyone wanting to do this would have 10 YEARS of testing data.  However, I'm not going to waste time programming something like that, because as I mentioned, backtesting is fairly meaningless.

I disagree that back testing is meaningless, and this is not an issue about Lucky having anything to prove.  We are obviously all grateful to Lucky for sharing his systems for so many years.  I did not ask you to waste time programming anything [that was Amber123].  I was simply commenting about the nature of how both systems function, and I have already figured out that you have to start at the beginning of the week and keep track of the results yourself throughout the week, as the only way to backtest.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
          Member #164727
          March 12, 2015
          2645 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2016, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for responding.

Back testing may seem worthless to you, but some may find it useful. It wouldn't be the first time one person disagreed with another in the forums. Just look at the system's forum, 1,001 ways to win the p-3, with five thousand differing opinions.

Maybe make it available ONLY to Premium members. Wink

Whatever you decide, it will never affect my love for this site in any way.

Thumbs Up