Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP Oscar Nominations

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 7 months ago by bobby623.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lincoln, California
United States
Member #167130
June 27, 2015
256 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2016, 10:57 am - IP Logged

It might be fun to see what the LP Community Comes up with. 

I will begin the Nominating Process.

Western Movies    Tombstone

Comedies    Idiocracy and Office Space

I leave it to the Community to create the rest of the Categories and their Nominations.

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
    Member #164727
    March 12, 2015
    2536 Posts
    Posted: May 18, 2016, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

You left the biggest one out, DRAMA!

Green laugh

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
      Member #164727
      March 12, 2015
      2536 Posts
      Posted: May 18, 2016, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

All laughs aside, most LP members are so kind to share their ideas and talents. But all this couldn't exist if it weren't for the Webmaster himself. 

Let's all thank Todd for the existence of LP. 

Many experiences and observations in our daily lives excite us in the beginning, and slowly fade away like dream retention immediately after waking up. 

Our brains make files and folders which store experiences, they are called RNA. My point is that sometimes it's nice to go back and find files that could have been included in the Elite/Priority file

South Carolina
        United States
        Member #18322
        July 9, 2005
        1707 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2016, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

I leave it to the Community to create the rest of the Categories and their Nominations.

I'm a little confused here ???

Are you referring to nominating actual movies in certain "Oscar" categories, or are you referring to nominating actual LP Members for certain "Oscar" categories that we create ??? 

Which is it ???

For example:  There are many LP Members who could be nominated for an award in the DRAMA and COMEDY categories.

What is your Intent here ??

Lincoln, California
          United States
          Member #167130
          June 27, 2015
          256 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2016, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

I'm a little confused here ???

Are you referring to nominating actual movies in certain "Oscar" categories, or are you referring to nominating actual LP Members for certain "Oscar" categories that we create ??? 

Which is it ???

For example:  There are many LP Members who could be nominated for an award in the DRAMA and COMEDY categories.

What is your Intent here ??

Origianlly It was just an idea for LP Members Nominate Movies for Categories.  I started with 2 Comedies and Westerns and left it open for memberst to name a category of their choice and the movie they nominate.

You questions opens up parallel possibility.  Members instead of Movies. 

I say go with Both or We start another thread.  Nominating members will induce some reactions from nominees and overtake the Movies; but what the heck, I'ts just for fun.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
            San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2016, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

LP is a lottery forum.
            What does this have to do with winning a lottery prize???

Lincoln, California
              United States
              Member #167130
              June 27, 2015
              256 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2016, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Never mind.  My Bad.  I did not mean to start a thread where members felt like attacking me for what I thought could be Fun.  Hope you win the Prize Bob.  You must deserve to win even if you ar an A

San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1394 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2016, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Never mind.  My Bad.  I did not mean to start a thread where members felt like attacking me for what I thought could be Fun.  Hope you win the Prize Bob.  You must deserve to win even if you ar an A

Why don't you establish a Blog.
                You can do anything, say anything you like, so long as Todd approves.
                Maybe you will attract a following.
                Name calling doesn't solve anything.
                I've been called worse.
                Even so, I developed a personal workout and I do win a prize now and then.
                Seems all you know how to do is beg.
                Have a good one!

Lincoln, California
                  United States
                  Member #167130
                  June 27, 2015
                  256 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2016, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the Advise.  I will stick to the quest.  I am a little tired right now.  I too am working on a system that I think will win.  It has consumed me for the past 3 months.  I can see completion in the near distance.  Unfortunately it is an old mind field and It keeps blowing up some of my components.  I did not mean to call you an A.  Lets change that.

San Angelo, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #1097
                    January 31, 2003
                    1394 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2016, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the Advise.  I will stick to the quest.  I am a little tired right now.  I too am working on a system that I think will win.  It has consumed me for the past 3 months.  I can see completion in the near distance.  Unfortunately it is an old mind field and It keeps blowing up some of my components.  I did not mean to call you an A.  Lets change that.

Good morning!
                    I started working on the workouts I use about 10 years ago.
                    The mine fields you speak of are part of the learning process.
                    Keep at it. One day, or night, some light bulbs will go off in your head and you will discover something
                    that works.
                    You are unfortunately in a state using computers, but don't be deterred.
                    I view the Texas drawings 4 times per day. We have ball machines.
                    One thing I learned, the hard way, is that there are no prediction systems that can know in advance what the
                    next winning combination will be.
                    It's a matter of chance, period.
                    So, don't waste your time with workouts based on some type mathematics that the originator claims will
                    win. If that were true, we wouldn't have lotteries.
                    Suggestion.
                    Why don't you visit the Texas lottery website and watch the drawings.
                    You will soon learn that there are no algorithms, no life giving features. Nothing but a bunch of
                    dead balls being blown around by compressed air.
                    Something similar is going on in the computers.
                    You will soon realize that the best anyone can do is treat the balls as blocks of wood.
                    Then use your imagination and develop a method that will provide data lines, called trends.
                    Analyzing followers for clues on what might, repeat, might happen next, is the best method.
                    You do this everyday for awhile and you will soon come up with methods that help you
                    make the best guesses, repeat, guesses possible.
                    With luck, you will choose the right combinations now and then, and start having fun, and experience
                    the satisfaction of doing it with something you own, not something that belongs to someone else.
                    Winning any lottery game is hard work.
                    Analyzing game outcomes is also difficult, but not impossible.
                    Just don't forget it's entertainment.
                    kkkkk