Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

On the 20th draw, the "new" "better" MM game hasn't reached $200M

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 7 months ago by wander73.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Jersey
United States
Member #21206
September 4, 2005
949 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2016, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

The Megamillions people a while back decided to make the odds far worse (for winning the jackpot) while announcing that they were improving the odds (of not losing a dollar).   

It was supposed to make for giant jackpots.

It appears that lottery players were not as stupid as the Megamillions people assumed they were.

The $656M jackpot under the old matrix was drawn on a 19th draw.

We've just had a 20th draw on the "new" "better" matrix.   

$187M.  The draw didn't even sell 30 million tickets.

Heckuva job MegaMillions people.  Heckuva job.    The game is dying, much as I predicted it would when this poor decision was made.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
    Upstate NY
    United States
    Member #174656
    May 5, 2016
    755 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2016, 12:50 am - IP Logged

The Megamillions people a while back decided to make the odds far worse (for winning the jackpot) while announcing that they were improving the odds (of not losing a dollar).   

It was supposed to make for giant jackpots.

It appears that lottery players were not as stupid as the Megamillions people assumed they were.

The $656M jackpot under the old matrix was drawn on a 19th draw.

We've just had a 20th draw on the "new" "better" matrix.   

$187M.  The draw didn't even sell 30 million tickets.

Heckuva job MegaMillions people.  Heckuva job.    The game is dying, much as I predicted it would when this poor decision was made.

It's not the mega million new matrix, it's the new Powerball matrix which creates monster jackpots that dwarf MM. People are buying more Powerball then previously because they keep seeing massive PB pots while Mega inches up far far behind. No one cares about MM anymore.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
      Member #169277
      October 10, 2015
      630 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2016, 6:47 am - IP Logged

Powerball is the game that changed last year. 

I was really surprised that MM didn't get a bigger jump after PB reset to 40m while MM was well over 100M.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
        Philadelphia, PA
        United States
        Member #153774
        March 24, 2014
        855 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2016, 9:36 am - IP Logged

It's not even worth playing anymore.  TBH,  I will say the last people  NJ family will be smart with their winnings.  The mega millions I actually look at all the members who play and see which numbers to play.  Might think of doing a spreadsheet and just playing from there.  I only play like $40 a month if that or close to it.