Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Got in line to run my lotto ticket then OMG!

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 months ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
Green Bay
United States
Member #169391
October 15, 2015
1238 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2016, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Went to my favorite store to run my ticket yesterday.  Got in line behind an old lady who had a half gallon of milk.  Then all of a sudden she pulled a pack of scratch-offs out of her purse.  I stood there while the clerk checked about 20 scratch-off tickets at the machine and each one of them were a winner.  About 5 minutes later the clerk gave her the money then she stood there for 5 more minutes deciding what other scratch-off tickets to buy.  Eventually she bought 16 dollars worth of tickets.  If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.  LOL

Never give up.  Banana

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2657 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2016, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Went to my favorite store to run my ticket yesterday.  Got in line behind an old lady who had a half gallon of milk.  Then all of a sudden she pulled a pack of scratch-offs out of her purse.  I stood there while the clerk checked about 20 scratch-off tickets at the machine and each one of them were a winner.  About 5 minutes later the clerk gave her the money then she stood there for 5 more minutes deciding what other scratch-off tickets to buy.  Eventually she bought 16 dollars worth of tickets.  If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.  LOL

rofl Crazy

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10344 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2016, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

LiveInGreenBay,

You never know what you'll see at the lottery counter. The other day a lady went to the scratcher machine, ok so far so good, then takes her scratchers to the lotterty counter, standing right in front of the scanner so no one else could get to it - or the play slips - and starts scratching them there.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

woody4591's avatar - woodywoodpecker
        Morristown, NJ
        United States
        Member #172032
        January 14, 2016
        57 Posts
        Posted: May 21, 2016, 12:16 am - IP Logged

The most annoying thing to me are the people who play 15 numbers or so, pay, and then play more numbers, pay again, then get scratch-off and pay for the third time. 

Another thing that ruffles my feathers is the store I go to has separate lines for store purchases and lottery and there is also one person who goes to the purchase line and gets a scratch-off so as not to wait for the five people ahead of him in the lottery line and the clerk gives it to him instead of telling him to get in the lottery line.

ArizonaDream's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
          Member #169277
          October 10, 2015
          630 Posts
          Posted: May 21, 2016, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Was the OMG for her 20 winners or for clogging up the line for 10 minutes?

I go to a smaller gas station, no lines if I avoid the 5 - 6pm after work crowd.  They have a sign up that they had a 5 mil winner back in 2011.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
            Green Bay
            United States
            Member #169391
            October 15, 2015
            1238 Posts
            Posted: May 21, 2016, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Was the OMG for her 20 winners or for clogging up the line for 10 minutes?

I go to a smaller gas station, no lines if I avoid the 5 - 6pm after work crowd.  They have a sign up that they had a 5 mil winner back in 2011.

It was for the 10 minute wait.  Angry

Never give up.  Banana

United States
              Member #172378
              January 22, 2016
              56 Posts
              Posted: May 21, 2016, 11:40 am - IP Logged

First world problems......

Roll Eyes

scpick34me's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                upstate,sc
                United States
                Member #150816
                December 31, 2013
                212 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2016, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Now I know what ppl behind me at the store think about me!!! And if you're a regular on LP, probably you too!!!! Lol

morgothaod's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg

United States
                  Member #154519
                  April 19, 2014
                  243 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2016, 1:20 am - IP Logged

I like the people who spend $50 on numbers games that print out 1 draw per ticket.

Show me the money!

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
                    BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
                    United States
                    Member #1647
                    June 10, 2003
                    2180 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2016, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

I like the people who spend $50 on numbers games that print out 1 draw per ticket.

I do this to prevent my winning tickets from going over the $600 mark so I  don't pay  taxes..

$3+k tax free untraceable ..still gets spent in my community 

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40262 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2016, 7:58 am - IP Logged

Yikes.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5587 Posts
                        Posted: June 2, 2016, 8:10 am - IP Logged

I do this to prevent my winning tickets from going over the $600 mark so I  don't pay  taxes..

$3+k tax free untraceable ..still gets spent in my community 

I've done this too. Smart way to play!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Rman313's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          Romulus,MI
                          United States
                          Member #142372
                          May 10, 2013
                          2327 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2016, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Whats so hard about entering my numbers $1.00 STR8 and .50 box. This one guy always wants to do the $1.00 STR8s first then repeat the .50 cent box next. Then he jacks up my tickets with the wrong numbers. I avoid him! I'll just go to another location.Soo annoying!!

You can do anything if you put your mind into it. The sky is the limit! Cool

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                            Winning makes me smile.
                            bel air maryland
                            United States
                            Member #90251
                            April 24, 2010
                            4850 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2016, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Whats so hard about entering my numbers $1.00 STR8 and .50 box. This one guy always wants to do the $1.00 STR8s first then repeat the .50 cent box next. Then he jacks up my tickets with the wrong numbers. I avoid him! I'll just go to another location.Soo annoying!!

If you fill out play slips then you'll have nothing to worry about.  Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.