Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The worst of the worst--New York scratch offs

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Ralphie762.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #63828
August 9, 2008
175 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2016, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Like an idiot I buy five of the ten dollar New York $25, 50 or 100 scratch off tickets. One can spend ten dollars on one ticket with the hopes of winning at the most $100.00 but I still took the chance.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Fifteen tickets total purchased, 001 - 015, $150 bucks spent and not one winner.

Unbelievable.

Eastern PA
    United States
    Member #165668
    April 17, 2015
    261 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2016, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Worst ticket I have ever played, I won $150 back to back $50 & $100 because some guy ran off 10 loosers in a row so I tried 2. I don't expect that game to last.

new york
      United States
      Member #63828
      August 9, 2008
      175 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2016, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Worst ticket I have ever played, I won $150 back to back $50 & $100 because some guy ran off 10 loosers in a row so I tried 2. I don't expect that game to last.

Congrats on the wins!! This is indeed one of the worst to ever come out. It's so bad that I was able to purchase 15 tickets yesterday, all losers and went back this afternoon and the tickets were still there, and I buy from a high-traffic area!

I bought the next one and won $100 so it's not a total loss but obviously, based on the lack of sales that I've seen I don't expect this game to last at all.

I still say the best $10.00 ticket ever produced by the NY Lottery was Bada-bling!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3157 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2016, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Their all bad. There were 4 $25 NY Millions in garbage at the store and were all losers.

United States
          Member #70687
          February 8, 2009
          7916 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2016, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Their all bad. There were 4 $25 NY Millions in garbage at the store and were all losers.

About 2 months ago I went to a gas station near a pool hall I frequent as I talk scratch offs with the guy all the time. He likes to steer me towards winners. He suggested I try the $25 NY Millions game on this night as a guy had been in there earlier & purchased tickets 34 down to 22 & they were all losers. I know he he was telling me the truth as he showed me the torn up tickets in the trash which were all torn the same way.

Needless to say I purchased the next 4 & won on 3 of the 4 & made some money. I just think it is disgusting that a game so expensive could go that many tickets in a row with no winners. I could see a $1 game as that is not a big investment but a $25 ticket, that is a chunk of change to lose.

The official poster of NYL results Jester

Think's avatar - lightbulb
            Marquette, MI
            United States
            Member #20541
            August 20, 2005
            705 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2016, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on the wins!! This is indeed one of the worst to ever come out. It's so bad that I was able to purchase 15 tickets yesterday, all losers and went back this afternoon and the tickets were still there, and I buy from a high-traffic area!

I bought the next one and won $100 so it's not a total loss but obviously, based on the lack of sales that I've seen I don't expect this game to last at all.

I still say the best $10.00 ticket ever produced by the NY Lottery was Bada-bling!

Wow, I am glad we don't have those tickets here.  It is false advertising to call those tix $25, $50 or $100.

They sound like they should be called "Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10, maybe $25, maybe $50 or maybe $100"  but if they used truth in naming then nobody would buy them!Smiley

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Lex113's avatar - animal shark.jpg
              Brooklyn, NY
              United States
              Member #74991
              May 24, 2009
              5548 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2016, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

About 2 months ago I went to a gas station near a pool hall I frequent as I talk scratch offs with the guy all the time. He likes to steer me towards winners. He suggested I try the $25 NY Millions game on this night as a guy had been in there earlier & purchased tickets 34 down to 22 & they were all losers. I know he he was telling me the truth as he showed me the torn up tickets in the trash which were all torn the same way.

Needless to say I purchased the next 4 & won on 3 of the 4 & made some money. I just think it is disgusting that a game so expensive could go that many tickets in a row with no winners. I could see a $1 game as that is not a big investment but a $25 ticket, that is a chunk of change to lose.

I thought the same when I went on a purchase spree and wasted almost $200 and did not win a thing. I like to go for the higher priced thinking that I would have better odds at winning. I bought 2 not a winner stood there and bought the next 2 still nothing and said the next has to be a winner bought 2 more and lost again. I just could not believe it and bought another still nothing. At that point I had to give up.

Pets: 801-4520-6383

NY
                United States
                Member #147453
                October 2, 2013
                241 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2016, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Bada-Bling was a great ticket,I remember hitting $250's on that sucker like it was nothing.  The best ticket for me was the $5 ticket with the top prize of $500 back in like 2009  or so,I nailed like 5 of them.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  601 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2016, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Bada-Bling was a great ticket,I remember hitting $250's on that sucker like it was nothing.  The best ticket for me was the $5 ticket with the top prize of $500 back in like 2009  or so,I nailed like 5 of them.

Top prize of $500 on a $5 ticket? That sounds kinda cool actually. Do you remember what the odds were for a $500 hit? I feel like that's the perfect balance between being reasonably attainable on these types of games.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2016, 1:40 am - IP Logged

I think their trying to get us to quit. Just saw this $5/250k top prize joke.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      601 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2016, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I think their trying to get us to quit. Just saw this $5/250k top prize joke.

Is that unusual for NY Lottery? Here in FL, alot of our $5 tickets have a $250k prize. We do have some with $500k top prizes.

What are the odds of hitting that $250k prize? I'd be curious to see how it compares.

plainfield
                        United States
                        Member #175747
                        July 3, 2016
                        2 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2016, 10:50 am - IP Logged

amazing i thought i was the best loser. i spent 50 bucks this week on new jersey scratches and won 6 bucks. some of these games seem to never pay out a penny to me..wtf. dont they have to return some money??? annoying as hell

new york
                          United States
                          Member #63828
                          August 9, 2008
                          175 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

That game got me but good the past couple of weeks. Last week bought NINE tickets in a row, all losers, the next ticket had $50 on it.

Yesterday bought a total of EIGHT tickets in a row from a different store, all losers, the next ticket had $50 on it.

Just unbelievable. I think a lot more people are scratching tickets at the stores and when they finally get a big winner they leave the rest of the losers to us suckers.

new york
                            United States
                            Member #63828
                            August 9, 2008
                            175 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

This ticket looks more like a novelty than anything. If 3D hasn't caught on in television and movies, why would it on a scratch off card?

It'd be interesting to see the odds on this ticket. I think it comes out next week?