Welcome Guest
You last visited June 27, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The worst of the worst--New York scratch offs

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 12 months ago by Ralphie762.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #63828
August 9, 2008
188 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2016, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Like an idiot I buy five of the ten dollar New York $25, 50 or 100 scratch off tickets. One can spend ten dollars on one ticket with the hopes of winning at the most $100.00 but I still took the chance.

Couldn't have been more wrong. Fifteen tickets total purchased, 001 - 015, $150 bucks spent and not one winner.

Unbelievable.

Eastern PA
    United States
    Member #165668
    April 17, 2015
    274 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2016, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Worst ticket I have ever played, I won $150 back to back $50 & $100 because some guy ran off 10 loosers in a row so I tried 2. I don't expect that game to last.

new york
      United States
      Member #63828
      August 9, 2008
      188 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2016, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Worst ticket I have ever played, I won $150 back to back $50 & $100 because some guy ran off 10 loosers in a row so I tried 2. I don't expect that game to last.

Congrats on the wins!! This is indeed one of the worst to ever come out. It's so bad that I was able to purchase 15 tickets yesterday, all losers and went back this afternoon and the tickets were still there, and I buy from a high-traffic area!

I bought the next one and won $100 so it's not a total loss but obviously, based on the lack of sales that I've seen I don't expect this game to last at all.

I still say the best $10.00 ticket ever produced by the NY Lottery was Bada-bling!

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3160 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2016, 11:03 am - IP Logged

Their all bad. There were 4 $25 NY Millions in garbage at the store and were all losers.

United States
          Member #70687
          February 8, 2009
          8571 Posts
          Posted: June 14, 2016, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Their all bad. There were 4 $25 NY Millions in garbage at the store and were all losers.

About 2 months ago I went to a gas station near a pool hall I frequent as I talk scratch offs with the guy all the time. He likes to steer me towards winners. He suggested I try the $25 NY Millions game on this night as a guy had been in there earlier & purchased tickets 34 down to 22 & they were all losers. I know he he was telling me the truth as he showed me the torn up tickets in the trash which were all torn the same way.

Needless to say I purchased the next 4 & won on 3 of the 4 & made some money. I just think it is disgusting that a game so expensive could go that many tickets in a row with no winners. I could see a $1 game as that is not a big investment but a $25 ticket, that is a chunk of change to lose.

The official poster of NYL results Jester

Think's avatar - lightbulb
            Marquette, MI
            United States
            Member #20541
            August 20, 2005
            742 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2016, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on the wins!! This is indeed one of the worst to ever come out. It's so bad that I was able to purchase 15 tickets yesterday, all losers and went back this afternoon and the tickets were still there, and I buy from a high-traffic area!

I bought the next one and won $100 so it's not a total loss but obviously, based on the lack of sales that I've seen I don't expect this game to last at all.

I still say the best $10.00 ticket ever produced by the NY Lottery was Bada-bling!

Wow, I am glad we don't have those tickets here.  It is false advertising to call those tix $25, $50 or $100.

They sound like they should be called "Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10,Minus $10, maybe $25, maybe $50 or maybe $100"  but if they used truth in naming then nobody would buy them!Smiley

This space intentionally left blank

Lex113's avatar - animal shark.jpg
              Brooklyn, NY
              United States
              Member #74991
              May 24, 2009
              5650 Posts
              Posted: June 14, 2016, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

About 2 months ago I went to a gas station near a pool hall I frequent as I talk scratch offs with the guy all the time. He likes to steer me towards winners. He suggested I try the $25 NY Millions game on this night as a guy had been in there earlier & purchased tickets 34 down to 22 & they were all losers. I know he he was telling me the truth as he showed me the torn up tickets in the trash which were all torn the same way.

Needless to say I purchased the next 4 & won on 3 of the 4 & made some money. I just think it is disgusting that a game so expensive could go that many tickets in a row with no winners. I could see a $1 game as that is not a big investment but a $25 ticket, that is a chunk of change to lose.

I thought the same when I went on a purchase spree and wasted almost $200 and did not win a thing. I like to go for the higher priced thinking that I would have better odds at winning. I bought 2 not a winner stood there and bought the next 2 still nothing and said the next has to be a winner bought 2 more and lost again. I just could not believe it and bought another still nothing. At that point I had to give up.

Pets: 801-4520-6383

NY
                United States
                Member #147453
                October 2, 2013
                363 Posts
                Posted: June 14, 2016, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Bada-Bling was a great ticket,I remember hitting $250's on that sucker like it was nothing.  The best ticket for me was the $5 ticket with the top prize of $500 back in like 2009  or so,I nailed like 5 of them.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #172872
                  February 7, 2016
                  1009 Posts
                  Posted: June 14, 2016, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Bada-Bling was a great ticket,I remember hitting $250's on that sucker like it was nothing.  The best ticket for me was the $5 ticket with the top prize of $500 back in like 2009  or so,I nailed like 5 of them.

Top prize of $500 on a $5 ticket? That sounds kinda cool actually. Do you remember what the odds were for a $500 hit? I feel like that's the perfect balance between being reasonably attainable on these types of games.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3160 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2016, 1:40 am - IP Logged

I think their trying to get us to quit. Just saw this $5/250k top prize joke.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #172872
                      February 7, 2016
                      1009 Posts
                      Posted: July 2, 2016, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I think their trying to get us to quit. Just saw this $5/250k top prize joke.

Is that unusual for NY Lottery? Here in FL, alot of our $5 tickets have a $250k prize. We do have some with $500k top prizes.

What are the odds of hitting that $250k prize? I'd be curious to see how it compares.

plainfield
                        United States
                        Member #175747
                        July 3, 2016
                        2 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2016, 10:50 am - IP Logged

amazing i thought i was the best loser. i spent 50 bucks this week on new jersey scratches and won 6 bucks. some of these games seem to never pay out a penny to me..wtf. dont they have to return some money??? annoying as hell

new york
                          United States
                          Member #63828
                          August 9, 2008
                          188 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

That game got me but good the past couple of weeks. Last week bought NINE tickets in a row, all losers, the next ticket had $50 on it.

Yesterday bought a total of EIGHT tickets in a row from a different store, all losers, the next ticket had $50 on it.

Just unbelievable. I think a lot more people are scratching tickets at the stores and when they finally get a big winner they leave the rest of the losers to us suckers.

new york
                            United States
                            Member #63828
                            August 9, 2008
                            188 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

This ticket looks more like a novelty than anything. If 3D hasn't caught on in television and movies, why would it on a scratch off card?

It'd be interesting to see the odds on this ticket. I think it comes out next week?