Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Private threads/chat rooms

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 6 months ago by Deo-nonfortuna.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Deo-nonfortuna's avatar - hqdefault
NJ
United States
Member #165922
April 27, 2015
3340 Posts
Posted: June 5, 2016, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I wish Todd could create options for private threads where only members with a password can access these threads, like a private chatroom. This way, only friends can exchange numbers and other info without any state lotto officials snooping on our picks and at the same time eliminate persona non grata from entering to argue and hurl insults etc. I would pay for this type of service to Todd. What do u guys think?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: June 5, 2016, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Suggestions forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: June 5, 2016, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I wish Todd could create options for private threads where only members with a password can access these threads, like a private chatroom. This way, only friends can exchange numbers and other info without any state lotto officials snooping on our picks and at the same time eliminate persona non grata from entering to argue and hurl insults etc. I would pay for this type of service to Todd. What do u guys think?

A couple of problems with this.  First, it would be a nightmare for me to try and police.  Secondly, what is to keep a state lotto official from getting the password and obtaining access? 

I do appreciate the suggestion, so this is not a knock on you or the idea.  If your object is to discuss something and be sure that no official can see it, then you really can't conduct those discussions on a public website.

As a side note, I make no secret of the fact that state lottery officials DO visit the site daily.  But they are visiting in order to understand what players think and feel about them, not because they are somehow preventing you from winning.  Lotteries are essentially big marketing companies, and what better way for them to directly understand from daily lottery players what they think and feel?

Lotto games have been conducted exactly the same way for decades, and there is nothing discussed on this or any other website in all that time that prompted them to change something to make it harder to win.  If anything, the mix of games has been improved based on what players here write.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
        New Mexico
        United States
        Member #86099
        January 29, 2010
        11120 Posts
        Posted: June 5, 2016, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Do lottery officials really snoop on this or other sites?  Who knows.  That's debateable.  I doubt it. But I could be wrong.

How about them cowboys!

US Flag

Deo-nonfortuna's avatar - hqdefault
          NJ
          United States
          Member #165922
          April 27, 2015
          3340 Posts
          Posted: June 5, 2016, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Do lottery officials really snoop on this or other sites?  Who knows.  That's debateable.  I doubt it. But I could be wrong.

I heard so many PA members saying that PA lotto rep is watching what # people post and try to manipulate the outcome, but of course no one can prove it. All I know is that PA is a very difficult state to win. Just take a look at these crazy results with crazy amount of repeats, 17 out last 30 draws were doubles etc. Many LP members I know say that's why they avoid playing PA lotto. I don't play PA as much as I used to myself.