Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Date Range to Search - 60 Day option

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
South Carolina
United States
Member #18322
July 9, 2005
1704 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2016, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I wish there was a "60 Day" option in "Date Range to Search" under "Search Past Results".  When trying to decide how far back to go to search for some number or pattern of numbers  in back testing, I usually prefer a shorter range of past results rather than a longer range.  In my opinion, 1 year is too far back to give an accurate  predictable forecast of expected numbers to come for the present moment in time, unless you are playing Straight.  If you are playing Boxed, I've discovered that a shorter range backward works better than a longer range backwards.  30 days might be too short, and 90 days might be too long.  Thus, 60 days seems like the ideal time range within which to search for past results for Future BOXED play.

DrMiracle's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcSZfr3g-6xRNhDA2-tgWdb5fVaacJgb_ybXvQWgy-qL1s6p
    MARYLAND
    United States
    Member #119884
    December 5, 2011
    1636 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2016, 7:54 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

"You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job and not be paid  for it." - Oprah Winfrey

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49699 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2016, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

I wish there was a "60 Day" option in "Date Range to Search" under "Search Past Results".  When trying to decide how far back to go to search for some number or pattern of numbers  in back testing, I usually prefer a shorter range of past results rather than a longer range.  In my opinion, 1 year is too far back to give an accurate  predictable forecast of expected numbers to come for the present moment in time, unless you are playing Straight.  If you are playing Boxed, I've discovered that a shorter range backward works better than a longer range backwards.  30 days might be too short, and 90 days might be too long.  Thus, 60 days seems like the ideal time range within which to search for past results for Future BOXED play.

In addition it would be good if their was a 14 Day Search as well as the current 7 Day Search!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!