Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Instant Cash Games - List of claimed top prizes

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 7 months ago by Dracos.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
new york
United States
Member #63828
August 9, 2008
182 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2016, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

I was visiting the NY Lottery website and saw that they have a list of unclaimed top prizes but noticed that they didn't have a list of claimed top prizes, top prizes that have been claimed and the locations where the winning tickets were sold.

They do have a 'winners stories' section that includes instant cash game winners and where they bought their tickets but it would be great to see a full list of all claimed top prizes and each location that the winning tickets were sold on that website.

Is this information readily available in your local area?

California
    United States
    Member #173360
    February 28, 2016
    40 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2016, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

It is available in California, however it's not sure how fast is it to update.

For example, it says on lottery website that it can take 8 weeks to process a claim. Lets say there is one jackpot left. Someone shows up in the lottery offices with the winning ticket. Do they update it immediately (thus practically ending the game?) or do they drag it on so that more people will buy tickets. So if I am buying a ticket from a game that has 2 jackpots left, does it really have 2 jackpots left or maybe the tickets are gone already and in process of claiming?

Florida
      United States
      Member #172872
      February 7, 2016
      792 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2016, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

In Florida, they have a winners section explaining where/when the ticket was purchase, and a list of remaining jackpot prizes. The list of remaining jackpot prizes can be found in two places, however, is usually fairly out of date and can take several weeks before being updated. Sometimes they update it within a day, sometimes they update it within a few weeks. 

I wish they listed the number of unclaimed prizes. It would be cool to know how many $500-$1000, and higher prizes remained on popular tickets.