Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question RE: Private Messages

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 6 months ago by Sunglasses.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
South Carolina
United States
Member #18322
July 9, 2005
1704 Posts
Posted: June 15, 2016, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Is there anyway to SAVE a Private Message just sent, when it bounces back undelivered due to someone's LP mailbox being too full to receive any more messages ???  i.e.  SAVE a DRAFT of the message and SEND it later ???

LP Private Messages aren't automatically saved as Drafts like in regular E-mail, are they ???

What capacity constitutes "Too Full to Receive anymore messages" ???

bobby623's avatar - abstract
    San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1394 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2016, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Is there anyway to SAVE a Private Message just sent, when it bounces back undelivered due to someone's LP mailbox being too full to receive any more messages ???  i.e.  SAVE a DRAFT of the message and SEND it later ???

LP Private Messages aren't automatically saved as Drafts like in regular E-mail, are they ???

You are a paying member having full PM rights.
    Suggest you go to Mail page and read the links. They will answer all your questions.

South Carolina
      United States
      Member #18322
      July 9, 2005
      1704 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2016, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

OK.  I found the capacity for Platinum Membership is 2000 Messages.  It is 200 Messages for Gold Membership.

I am still searching for a "Save Draft" function, to save a PM that is not sent, or that bounces back, b/c someone's box is too full.  Where is it ??  Is there an  "Autosave what I am typing" function ???  What am I missing here ???

Think's avatar - lightbulb
        Marquette, MI
        United States
        Member #20541
        August 20, 2005
        705 Posts
        Posted: June 15, 2016, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

OK.  I found the capacity for Platinum Membership is 2000 Messages.  It is 200 Messages for Gold Membership.

I am still searching for a "Save Draft" function, to save a PM that is not sent, or that bounces back, b/c someone's box is too full.  Where is it ??  Is there an  "Autosave what I am typing" function ???  What am I missing here ???

have you tried mailing a copy to yourself??

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
          Zaperlopopotam
          Belgium
          Member #173932
          March 26, 2016
          961 Posts
          Posted: June 15, 2016, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Ask the e-mail address and send what ever you want including files. Don't limit yourself.

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49780 Posts
            Posted: June 15, 2016, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Read the Private Messages Section of: https://www.lotterypost.com/memberships

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1704 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2016, 1:11 am - IP Logged

A Platinum Member with a mailbox capacity of 2000 cannot receive anymore Private Messages  b/c  their box is too full. Does this mean that this member has 2000 messages sitting in their E-mail box unanswered or not trashed ???  What?  Seriously ???   Roll Eyes    I find this hard to believe !!!    No Nod

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                Marquette, MI
                United States
                Member #20541
                August 20, 2005
                705 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2016, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

A Platinum Member with a mailbox capacity of 2000 cannot receive anymore Private Messages  b/c  their box is too full. Does this mean that this member has 2000 messages sitting in their E-mail box unanswered or not trashed ???  What?  Seriously ???   Roll Eyes    I find this hard to believe !!!    No Nod

If you are using windows you could do a cut and paste.

Open notepad or wordpad

then mouse over and highlight the text from your LP PM

after you highlight it hold down CTRL and C at the same time on your keyboard

go to notepad or wordpad and click in the window area

hold down CTRL and V at the same time on your keyboard

now, if you did this right, notepad or wordpad should have a copy of your pm text in it so you can save it somewhere on your computer

Then to send it, you just reverse the process and cut and paste it from your saved file to LP PM

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23271 Posts
                  Posted: June 17, 2016, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Just click Sent Items to see the messages you've sent.  It's available to all Gold and Platinum members.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #18322
                    July 9, 2005
                    1704 Posts
                    Posted: June 18, 2016, 10:26 am - IP Logged

Just click Sent Items to see the messages you've sent.  It's available to all Gold and Platinum members.

I am referring to saving a PM as a DRAFT that is not sent right away, or a saving a PM that bounces back undeliverable [so you don't have to rewrite it again later] b/c the receiver's E-mail is too full to receive anymore messages.

thamizhpayan's avatar - Lottery-052.jpg

United States
                      Member #173017
                      February 13, 2016
                      495 Posts
                      Posted: June 18, 2016, 11:35 am - IP Logged

In addition, I  would prefer option to export all message folders and download as a nice zip file like how email providers provide exports. Just a thought. 

I don't want to loose the tips and tricks from LP friends and I am tired of copy pasting each message. It might be helpful for beginners.

Thanks

Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
                        Zaperlopopotam
                        Belgium
                        Member #173932
                        March 26, 2016
                        961 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2016, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Have you tried pen and paper?