Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bounced play slips: are they counted?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 months ago by Kingofearth.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
Upstate NY
United States
Member #174656
May 5, 2016
747 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2016, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Over the past week, I've had more then a dozen play slips get entered into the machine only to be rejected by it despite me doing nothing wrong. That got me thinking, are correctly filled out or even all filled out play slips counted by the machines even when  no ticket is produced and no money given? If true, that might explain the missing Chino Hills winner, The missing Staten Island MM winner, and/or the other unclaimed prizes. I'll be one pissed off lottery loser if i find out one of my bounced play slips wins tomorrow. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. 

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5586 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2016, 8:28 am - IP Logged

If the playslip is rejected and no ticket is printed it doesn't count.

Gotta have that ticket for it to count.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      875 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2016, 9:11 am - IP Logged

Over the past week, I've had more then a dozen play slips get entered into the machine only to be rejected by it despite me doing nothing wrong. That got me thinking, are correctly filled out or even all filled out play slips counted by the machines even when  no ticket is produced and no money given? If true, that might explain the missing Chino Hills winner, The missing Staten Island MM winner, and/or the other unclaimed prizes. I'll be one pissed off lottery loser if i find out one of my bounced play slips wins tomorrow. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. 

I called the NYS Lottery about the unclaimed MM winning ticket from Staten Island and was told that the ticket has been claimed, but it just hasn't been announced publicly yet.

We can scratch that one from the missing ticket folder.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
        Winning makes me smile.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4849 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2016, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Did your state's lottery change something on the play slip itself? If so, then the old ones you have will no longer work.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Upstate NY
          United States
          Member #174656
          May 5, 2016
          747 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2016, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

If the playslip is rejected and no ticket is printed it doesn't count.

Gotta have that ticket for it to count.

That's what i figured. I was just wondering in case they had some sort of list like maybe they have a separate list of rejected numbers that might get mixed in with the rest of the numbers or something like that.

Upstate NY
            United States
            Member #174656
            May 5, 2016
            747 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2016, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I called the NYS Lottery about the unclaimed MM winning ticket from Staten Island and was told that the ticket has been claimed, but it just hasn't been announced publicly yet.

We can scratch that one from the missing ticket folder.

Tipton's ticket was also claimed but not verified. Until it is announced publicly, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Upstate NY
              United States
              Member #174656
              May 5, 2016
              747 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2016, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Did your state's lottery change something on the play slip itself? If so, then the old ones you have will no longer work.

Nope, the machine in my (formerly) favorite lottery place just didn't like me. The owner is going through something and cursed me out after it got rejected three times in a row. I'm not gonna go back there.