Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

(California Lottery) Scratcher additional printings?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Scritcher3000.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #173360
February 28, 2016
40 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2016, 4:56 am - IP Logged

This is in California, I noticed that on some of the more popular scratcher games, when the number of top prizes starts to get low, additional tickets get printed to increase the number of top prizes again.

When I buy a ticket of that game, obviously I'd rather buy one from this "second printing" since it will have more jackpots/top prizes left.

So my questions are:

1) How long after the top prizes count on the website is updated do the new tickets hit the market? Are they immediately mixed with the "first printing", or do they only enter the market a few weeks/months later when the first batch sells out?

2) Is there a way to recognize those new tickets, for example from their serial number?

California
    United States
    Member #173360
    February 28, 2016
    40 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2016, 4:56 am - IP Logged

so noone knows?

Whales vagina
      United States
      Member #175358
      June 12, 2016
      9 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2016, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I would suggest taking the total number of tickets before the new printing and divide by the number of tickets per pack the. Look for a pack number higher than the answer for the previous equation

Just and example not actually values total tickets before reprint 24,000,000/80 tickets per pack= 300,000 to test the theory I would look for packs above three hundred thousand