Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your Numbers Up On ID Channel

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Win$500Quick.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3460 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2016, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

Watching this new show on ID channel called Your Numbers Up. When it comes on the story is about lottery winner Jeffery Dampier. It's blowing my mind because there's is so much new info. Did anyone know that Jeffery's wife bought the winning $20 million ticket? That Jeffery was married to Debra when he started dating Crystal? Jeffery's spending was so out of control they had to get separate bank accounts. 4 years after the win they split the money and divorced. Jeffery married Crystal, who's sister and boyfriend murdered him. The repeat is at 01:00am.

Guess Who's Back?

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #77167
    July 15, 2009
    556 Posts
    Posted: June 19, 2016, 8:13 am - IP Logged

Seems he brought about his own problems.  Victoria ended his wicked ways. Info is from wikipedia

'Dampier and his ex-wife won the Illinois Lottery jackpot in 1996.[4] It was worth approximately US $20 million.[5] They eventually divorced and split the money 50/50. Soon after, Jeffrey met Crystal Jackson, dated and married her. Two years later, the two moved to Tampa Bay.[2]

Once in Florida, Dampier used the money to invest in a popcorn business called Kassie's Gourmet Popcorn, based in Tampa Bay's Channelside entertainment district.[6] Shortly after, Jeffrey moved Crystal's two sisters, Victoria and Terri Jackson, to Tampa as well. With no means of their own, Dampier took care of both of the sisters' finances and continued to buy presents for many of their family members, including his sister-in-law Victoria Jackson (with whom he was having an affair).[5]

Murder[edit]

In 2005, Dampier was murdered by Victoria Jackson and her boyfriend Nathaniel Jackson, presumably for his jackpot winnings."

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
      Member #142499
      May 13, 2013
      1183 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2016, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Watching this new show on ID channel called Your Numbers Up. When it comes on the story is about lottery winner Jeffery Dampier. It's blowing my mind because there's is so much new info. Did anyone know that Jeffery's wife bought the winning $20 million ticket? That Jeffery was married to Debra when he started dating Crystal? Jeffery's spending was so out of control they had to get separate bank accounts. 4 years after the win they split the money and divorced. Jeffery married Crystal, who's sister and boyfriend murdered him. The repeat is at 01:00am.

Well this info puts a whole new slant on things. For one, I never knew he was married before Crystal. That he was dating Crystal while still being married to his first wife makes the fact that he started sleeping with Crystal's sister not seem like such a shocker (or out of his character) now. Crystal did talk a lot about him showering her with expensive gifts when they started dating so the fact that he went spend crazy right after his win fits into place. Sounds to me that for the fact he was mercilessly murdered, he'd have ended up one of those winners who'd have lost all his money. Doubt the income from the popcorn shop would have been enough for him to live on.

I might wake up early and go running.  I might also wake up and win the lottery.

The odds are about the same.

Funtimz's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
        Member #165244
        March 30, 2015
        228 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2016, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Wish I could have seen it. Will definitely be looking for it...

Take Risks: If you win, you'll be happy.  If you lose, you will be wiser...

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
          Happy California
          United States
          Member #157856
          August 2, 2014
          1522 Posts
          Posted: June 20, 2016, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Then comes family and friends. Then stranger danger.

For whom the gods wish to destroy they make that winner suddenly wealthy.   This is a quote from the David Lee Edwards story found by using the Search box here on Lottery Post. This quote came from an ancient Greek philosopher named, Euripedes. Europe probably is named after him. Brilliance can be found in the past.

I have heard some lottery winners called,"Freaks of Economics".

Another Lottery winner, Steven White, recalls a wise saying,"Winning the Lottery is like throwing miracle grow onto your character flaws."

Andrew Stoltman a lawyer who has represented many winners who have been defrauded out of their millions says,"Winning the Lottery is like throwing blood or chum into the water and everybody devours them."

Frown

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

lotterytime's avatar - Lottery-005.jpg
            nashville,tn
            United States
            Member #131831
            August 19, 2012
            2 Posts
            Posted: June 20, 2016, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for telling us this was on. You can tell the first wife really loved him.

Florida
              United States
              Member #77815
              August 1, 2009
              3460 Posts
              Posted: June 24, 2016, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

New episode Saturday night.

Your Number's Up

Fortune's Curse

Family man Joe Rukaj wins $17.5 million in the New York Lottery. At first, everything seems idyllic, but in the rosy glow following the win, Joe makes a decision that will set two families on a fatal path to war. 

Guess Who's Back?

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3157 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2016, 1:38 am - IP Logged

I watched this too. Amazing they killed him for something like $8500 when the guy probably would of gave them one of his Vettes.

The NY lottery winner episode should be on SAT @ 10pm.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3460 Posts
                  Posted: June 25, 2016, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

New episode on now. Repeat at 1 am

Guess Who's Back?

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                    Member #118609
                    November 4, 2011
                    936 Posts
                    Posted: June 25, 2016, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

What a very sad story.  Looks like he will be out of prison next year, 2017

And good luck everybody on the PB drawing.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                      Upstate NY
                      United States
                      Member #174656
                      May 5, 2016
                      762 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:09 am - IP Logged

New episode Saturday night.

Your Number's Up

Fortune's Curse

Family man Joe Rukaj wins $17.5 million in the New York Lottery. At first, everything seems idyllic, but in the rosy glow following the win, Joe makes a decision that will set two families on a fatal path to war. 

Does anyone know what game he won it on? The ticket in the episode said Lotto but they showed a Mega Millions drawing and the ticket was no help as it only showed 4 numbers. 

NYC
                        United States
                        Member #161115
                        November 17, 2014
                        126 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know what game he won it on? The ticket in the episode said Lotto but they showed a Mega Millions drawing and the ticket was no help as it only showed 4 numbers. 

NY state lotto

Upstate NY
                          United States
                          Member #174656
                          May 5, 2016
                          762 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2016, 11:26 am - IP Logged

NY state lotto

Thanks. 

United States
                            Member #164725
                            March 12, 2015
                            342 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2016, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

I read that the jackpot wa 35 mil and he split it with another person. They dont say whether it was the annuity or the lump sum. But after federal and state taxes he took home a lot less than 17.5 million bucks. 

Upstate NY
                              United States
                              Member #174656
                              May 5, 2016
                              762 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2016, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I read that the jackpot wa 35 mil and he split it with another person. They dont say whether it was the annuity or the lump sum. But after federal and state taxes he took home a lot less than 17.5 million bucks. 

It showed on the show a clip of him being interviewed after his win and the interviewer mentions that he'll get yearly checks so he took the annuity. Was the lump sum even available back then given it wasn't until sometime in the 90's when players had the option to take it instead?.