Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Second Chance Reward Lottery Tickets

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 months ago by LottoLucy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ncognito88's avatar - Lottery-051.jpg

United States
Member #172169
January 17, 2016
52 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2016, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I enter all my tickets online at the NC Lucke rewards site for 2nd chance rewards and I'm starting to get discouraged. I buy a reasonable amount of tickets weekly and I've been entering my tickets online as long as I've been playing. How do other states compare do you guys win on 2nd chance? it just seems like the chances to win a 2nd chance prize would be good odds but maybe I'm wrong. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
    Republic of Texas
    United States
    Member #57557
    January 9, 2008
    1095 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2016, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I've won twice on second chance drawings in 5 years. I don't enter all of them, just the ones I'd like to win a prize.

The first time I won the lowest prize, 4th I think, which was an NFL autographed jersey, which they said was worth $425. My goal is the season tickets which are the 3rd place prize.

The second time was just recently and it was the lowest (again) prize, but 2nd place MLB merchandise package worth over $500 in logo items. It was the prize I wanted, so I won't enter again. It should be arriving any day now! I need it soon so I can give my sister the framed memorabilia for her new game room as a house warming gift.

So don't give up! And don't focus so much on the 1st prizes if they have multiple levels. The prize levels I won were ones they were giving 400 away each drawing (the jersey) and 211 away (MLB logo merchandise).

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
      Member #172169
      January 17, 2016
      52 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2016, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Yea NC doesnt offer as much merchandise etc. We did have a papa johns pizza promotion but most of them are money prizes. I wish there were smaller prizes with more chance to win. Thats pretty cool you won twice!!

TinkerMazell's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
        Augusta, Georgia
        United States
        Member #127854
        May 10, 2012
        81 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2016, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I enter all my tickets online at the NC Lucke rewards site for 2nd chance rewards and I'm starting to get discouraged. I buy a reasonable amount of tickets weekly and I've been entering my tickets online as long as I've been playing. How do other states compare do you guys win on 2nd chance? it just seems like the chances to win a 2nd chance prize would be good odds but maybe I'm wrong. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Don't EVER give up. The second chance promotions cost nothing. I enter them all the time. I have won many prizes including $20,000.

I am a $20,000 winner from a Georgia Lottery scratch off game called "$3,000,000 Taxes Paid"!

United States
          Member #172169
          January 17, 2016
          52 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2016, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

Im gonna stick with it. Fingers crossed!! Let It All Out

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
            Green Bay
            United States
            Member #169391
            October 15, 2015
            1246 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2016, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Second chance is a State revenue sponsored scam.  If you win money in the lottery, you can deduct those losing tickets from taxes owed.  Whats more important?   Saving your losing tickets to pay taxes owed on winnings or losing them on something like a t shirt?

Never give up.  Banana

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
              Happy California
              United States
              Member #157856
              August 2, 2014
              1522 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2016, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Good to hear about LP members winning. It is inspirational. Keep it up and ongoing. Congrats!!

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
                Member #131594
                August 14, 2012
                171 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2016, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Second chance is a State revenue sponsored scam.  If you win money in the lottery, you can deduct those losing tickets from taxes owed.  Whats more important?   Saving your losing tickets to pay taxes owed on winnings or losing them on something like a t shirt?

It sounds like NCognito at least is entering codes printed on their tickets to an online account.  So they still have the tickets to use as a write off if necessary.  My state does something similar.  Here you enter a code from your ticket and each  code gets you so many points.  Then the lottery "charges" so many points to enter a contest.

Lotto Lucy