Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if this current MM jackpot were won...

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Redd55.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4102 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2016, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

By a group working  on Wall Street or a pool of hedge fund managers- how would you feel ? Undeserving or what?

For entertainment purposes only* 

Have a great rest of the week & upcoming weekend as well- above all else: Stay Healthy!

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5586 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2016, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

By a group working  on Wall Street or a pool of hedge fund managers- how would you feel ? Undeserving or what?

Have a great rest of the week & upcoming weekend as well- above all else: Stay Healthy!

Wouldn't care.

If someone buys a ticket, they have skin in the game.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
      Oregon
      United States
      Member #168137
      August 17, 2015
      124 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2016, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

Who am I to judge who wins? I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was undeserving of winning when I finally do. If you have a ticket, you have as much right to win as I do.Cheers

If the winners do interviews, I do like to hear a story of someone (or multiple someones) that finally get their chance to have financial freedom. That's a more enjoyable story to me.

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
        Green Bay
        United States
        Member #169391
        October 15, 2015
        1237 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2016, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

I just think it would be really cool if a poster on this site hit a major jackpot.

Never give up.  Banana

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
          Bay Area - California
          United States
          Member #136477
          December 12, 2012
          4102 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2016, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Who am I to judge who wins? I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was undeserving of winning when I finally do. If you have a ticket, you have as much right to win as I do.Cheers

If the winners do interviews, I do like to hear a story of someone (or multiple someones) that finally get their chance to have financial freedom. That's a more enjoyable story to me.

Ok Feather- What if these Wall Street or Hedge fund guys/ gals do pull it off by winning the jackpot and they only to eager to talk to the press. Perhaps saying stuff like " we really haven't made much money in our current jobs" contrary to public opinion,  but now look forward to a life of financial freedom etc etc. Would that have your full attention, would you be transfixed on their stories?.. .Just asking.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
            Happy California
            United States
            Member #157856
            August 2, 2014
            1503 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2016, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I will write your comment of "Financial Freedom" down. It explores the meaning of money more then the word, Security,does. Each of us will have more options in life after a win. 

The challenge will be to hang on to the money while not being accused of being greedy. I would take that accusation with a grain of salt because everyone has their own opinion of winners.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

Bay Area - California
              United States
              Member #136477
              December 12, 2012
              4102 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2016, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! I will write your comment of "Financial Freedom" down. It explores the meaning of money more then the word, Security,does. Each of us will have more options in life after a win. 

The challenge will be to hang on to the money while not being accused of being greedy. I would take that accusation with a grain of salt because everyone has their own opinion of winners.

Opinions can change in a heartbeat Music. When Maria Holmes won: the outpouring of positive goodwill from the Forum & just about anyone who walked upright was absolutely outstanding. So the " l don't judge people" statement must be as you said taken with a grain of salt. Why? Because all was well & good with the opinion of Ms Holmes..but no sooner did Hot sauce enter the picture and everything changed.

Perceptions, that is the issue here Watson...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10344 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2016, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

If a group of Wall St workers won it would be quite entertaining when one of our resident kvethcers meowed  that
                It's always California".

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                  Marquette, MI
                  United States
                  Member #20541
                  August 20, 2005
                  705 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2016, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

I just think it would be really cool if a poster on this site hit a major jackpot.

Depends on what you mean.  Someone on the Instant forum just posted under Florida Scratchers a nice picture of their $2,000,000 win on a Florida Scratcher!

Anyway, back to the topic, who cares if they win as long as they aren't Tiptons!

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22834 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2016, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Honestly, I'd give a WTG but mean wtg...them as winners? I think the idea is that

those types of people have enough already. A group of them would split it and

even with the reduced total JP amount they'd get a good boost to make the

good life better.

I'd much rather see the pot split 100 ways between people who REALLY need it.

Or just give me it all, I'll figure out how to help as many people as I can behind 

the scenes.

Them?

They'll probably help as many as they can too...they, themselves and their own.

lulu1feather's avatar - 2uehclf
                      Oregon
                      United States
                      Member #168137
                      August 17, 2015
                      124 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2016, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

Ok Feather- What if these Wall Street or Hedge fund guys/ gals do pull it off by winning the jackpot and they only to eager to talk to the press. Perhaps saying stuff like " we really haven't made much money in our current jobs" contrary to public opinion,  but now look forward to a life of financial freedom etc etc. Would that have your full attention, would you be transfixed on their stories?.. .Just asking.

That'd certainly be interesting to hear if they were average Joes with money woes!

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #77167
                        July 15, 2009
                        554 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2016, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Wouldn't care.

If someone buys a ticket, they have skin in the game.

I Agree!

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #77167
                          July 15, 2009
                          554 Posts
                          Posted: June 24, 2016, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Opinions can change in a heartbeat Music. When Maria Holmes won: the outpouring of positive goodwill from the Forum & just about anyone who walked upright was absolutely outstanding. So the " l don't judge people" statement must be as you said taken with a grain of salt. Why? Because all was well & good with the opinion of Ms Holmes..but no sooner did Hot sauce enter the picture and everything changed.

Perceptions, that is the issue here Watson...

Lotteries don't care who win them nor what losers think of the winners.  As though someone is more worthy of winning than someone else.  Nonsense.  Opinions and judgements are just human nature--doesn't change reality.

Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.-Rocky Balboa

“Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours.” – Zig Ziglar

United States
                            Member #164725
                            March 12, 2015
                            337 Posts
                            Posted: June 24, 2016, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Judging by the number of Wall Street workers that you read about jumping off tall buildings, their lives cant be that envious.