Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Payouts, taxes, collection

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 5 months ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New York, NY
United States
Member #175632
June 27, 2016
1 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2016, 10:14 am - IP Logged

HI,

Just joined forum and looking forward to peoples insights and advice. I have been playing Take 5 on and off for a couple years now. One of the first few times that i played i won $400 bucks. I am grateful for this. I like playing Take 5 because i feel you have a better chance at winning this than Mega or powerball. Although its not life changing money when you win, it can help some of us wipe the late clean financially plus i enjoy the joy of winning. With that being said i have a few questions,

1. If you win, how much tax is taken out specifically if you live in NYC. The example amount i will use from a winner form this past Saturday 6/25/2016. $63,642.00
  2. How soon do you get paid once you go down to the lottery office and claim your winning ticket.
  3. How publicized is it? I assume not at all because i never see Take 5 winners in news papers or online.
    helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19859 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2016, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

HI,

Just joined forum and looking forward to peoples insights and advice. I have been playing Take 5 on and off for a couple years now. One of the first few times that i played i won $400 bucks. I am grateful for this. I like playing Take 5 because i feel you have a better chance at winning this than Mega or powerball. Although its not life changing money when you win, it can help some of us wipe the late clean financially plus i enjoy the joy of winning. With that being said i have a few questions,

1. If you win, how much tax is taken out specifically if you live in NYC. The example amount i will use from a winner form this past Saturday 6/25/2016. $63,642.00
    2. How soon do you get paid once you go down to the lottery office and claim your winning ticket.
    3. How publicized is it? I assume not at all because i never see Take 5 winners in news papers or online.

Welcome Bootney, Maybe you can find what your looking for on the NYC Lottery website or give them a call.Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman