Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is the Mega Millions going to go up to $1.5B?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 months ago by ressuccess.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #175649
June 27, 2016
15 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2016, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Do you think, with all of the rollovers, the Mega Millions could have a $1.5 Billion jackpot?

It happened to Powerball, it could happen to Mega Millions.

Mega Millions is a more appealing name since my state lottery didn't have Powerball back then.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3047 Posts
    Posted: June 27, 2016, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

I think that mega would have to raise the cost of tickets to $2 before we see a billion dollar jackpot.-weshar75

US Flag

Think's avatar - lightbulb
      Marquette, MI
      United States
      Member #20541
      August 20, 2005
      705 Posts
      Posted: June 27, 2016, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Do you think, with all of the rollovers, the Mega Millions could have a $1.5 Billion jackpot?

Mega Millions is a more appealing name since my state lottery didn't have Powerball back then.

What with the way interest rates have gone recently I doubt it.

The way they advertise the Jackpot is finally biting them in the butt.

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
        Philadelphia, PA
        United States
        Member #153774
        March 24, 2014
        860 Posts
        Posted: June 27, 2016, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

They can do whatever they want.  However I think next tues someone hits it.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
          Upstate NY
          United States
          Member #174656
          May 5, 2016
          755 Posts
          Posted: June 27, 2016, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

What are you talking about? Every state that currently offers MM and PB, offered PB back in January.  Your state offered Powerball back then or it didn't and doesn't have a lottery for you to buy your MM tickets.

United States
            Member #175649
            June 27, 2016
            15 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2016, 8:53 am - IP Logged

What are you talking about? Every state that currently offers MM and PB, offered PB back in January.  Your state offered Powerball back then or it didn't and doesn't have a lottery for you to buy your MM tickets.

My state already had Powerball when the January jackpot happened.

What I meant to say was, my state lottery didn't have Powerball in the 2000's.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
              Member #93164
              June 23, 2010
              1322 Posts
              Posted: July 2, 2016, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

It can happen to Mega Millions as well, but it has to roll many times as well. California Super Lotto Plus rolled a record 51 times until someone hit a jackpot worth $63 million dollars. Mega Millions has to roll at least 3 more times to set a new Mega Millions record of at least $700 million. Mega Millions will have to roll about 5 more times to beat Powerball's jackpot of $1.5864 billion.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                Marquette, MI
                United States
                Member #20541
                August 20, 2005
                705 Posts
                Posted: July 2, 2016, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

It can happen to Mega Millions as well, but it has to roll many times as well. California Super Lotto Plus rolled a record 51 times until someone hit a jackpot worth $63 million dollars. Mega Millions has to roll at least 3 more times to set a new Mega Millions record of at least $700 million. Mega Millions will have to roll about 5 more times to beat Powerball's jackpot of $1.5864 billion.

I believe Mega Millions has already set a record.  I don't believe it has ever rolled this many times before without a winner.

Who'da thunk it would roll for 4 months with no winner and it's a multi-state game!

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                  Member #93164
                  June 23, 2010
                  1322 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2016, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions has rolled a new record 33 times. It still needs more work to do in order to break the Powerball Jackpot record of $1.5864 Billion dollars set on January 13th of this year.

I hope that one $2 ticket is the only one that matches all 5 numbers plus the Powerball to win the largest Powerball Jackpot in United States history of over $2 Billion Dollars!