Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Too many lottery games

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Tatototman65.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2016, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

With the Mega Millions going the way it is rolling I have decided to pull back after this run so I got to ponder what else to play.

I realized awhile back that, at least here in Michigan, the state is using a divide and conquer strategy where they have so many games that nobody wins any of them!

My state also switched to RNG draws in 2002.

I can see why people play the 3 and 4 games and I can see why some people play the fantasy 5 style games but I don't understand why anyone plays games that nobody wins.

For example, here in Michigan the Daily Keno switched to RNG and went from 4 Ball draws per week to 7 RNG draws per week and the number of winners was cut in half with the RNG draws meaning that Mich has about 28% of the wins we had before RNG kicked in.

Nobody is winning the Daily Keno, Nobody Is winning the Poker lotto and nobody is winning the lucky for life game either.  People buy the tickets anyway and this does suck some money from the other games but I would have no way of knowing the percentages.  I don't know why Michigan doesn't get rid of the bad games to help the other games stay healthier.  If we didn't have the poker lotto or the daily keno or the lucky for like then people would spend more money on the 6/47 and Fantasy 5 and those games would work better without the drag of the crappy games.

The lotteries are turning longtime loyal players into occasional players and will eventually cause a revenue collapse if they don't start some weeding now.

What are your views??

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5611 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2016, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

With the Mega Millions going the way it is rolling I have decided to pull back after this run so I got to ponder what else to play.

I realized awhile back that, at least here in Michigan, the state is using a divide and conquer strategy where they have so many games that nobody wins any of them!

My state also switched to RNG draws in 2002.

I can see why people play the 3 and 4 games and I can see why some people play the fantasy 5 style games but I don't understand why anyone plays games that nobody wins.

For example, here in Michigan the Daily Keno switched to RNG and went from 4 Ball draws per week to 7 RNG draws per week and the number of winners was cut in half with the RNG draws meaning that Mich has about 28% of the wins we had before RNG kicked in.

Nobody is winning the Daily Keno, Nobody Is winning the Poker lotto and nobody is winning the lucky for life game either.  People buy the tickets anyway and this does suck some money from the other games but I would have no way of knowing the percentages.  I don't know why Michigan doesn't get rid of the bad games to help the other games stay healthier.  If we didn't have the poker lotto or the daily keno or the lucky for like then people would spend more money on the 6/47 and Fantasy 5 and those games would work better without the drag of the crappy games.

The lotteries are turning longtime loyal players into occasional players and will eventually cause a revenue collapse if they don't start some weeding now.

What are your views??

Texas has too many games also. They've added All or Nothing and last year they started a game called Texas Triple Chance. I play both games on and off, because they both cost $2 a tic.

I play Cash 5 on and off. It's still only a dollar but the jackpot is pitiful. Averages about $15K.

And I play Daily 4 on and off.

I'm in every Texas 2 Step, MM, PB, and Tx Lotto.

It wouldn't bother me if they dropped AoN and Triple Chance. Sales on both games have really fallen off. But even so, they will probably keep them because they want to increase revenue and charging $2 a tic is the way to do it, as long as people buy tickets.

Also, they went to 4 draws a day on P3, D4, and AoN. Now that's crazy.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19830 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2016, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Ohio has lots of games too including MegaMilions and PowerBall but only because players wanted them.  Before those games were added Ohioans were going to neighboring states to play them and Ohio was losing money to those states.

Just because the games are available doesn't mean everyone has to play them all, I only play the ones I like.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
        Member #138729
        February 4, 2013
        2873 Posts
        Posted: July 1, 2016, 6:45 am - IP Logged

My opinion-

MI offers just the right amount of games, but instead offers too many RNG games.

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
        MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
        Click me
        Open to EVERYONE- Click me