Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How long have you been playing your own set of numbers for MM / PB

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Elliptic7.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How long have you been playing your own set of numbers for MM or PB

QP only [ 9 ]  [34.62%]
>1 week [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
1 month [ 4 ]  [15.38%]
6 months [ 3 ]  [11.54%]
1 year [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
2 years [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
5 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
more than 5 years [ 8 ]  [30.77%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #173496
March 5, 2016
90 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2016, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Just curious

and what is the most you have won if you have been playing numbers longitudinally

Ohio
    United States
    Member #175608
    June 25, 2016
    32 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2016, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I was playing a line for a few weeks on mega, then I kinda let it slide and I was doing QPs. I actually just thought about the line again since the mega millions is all over news and everywhere else I look now... Maybe I'll give it a go this week. 

I honestly don't have a go to line on PB. it's one game I've played the least.

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
      Upstate NY
      United States
      Member #174656
      May 5, 2016
      754 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2016, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Just curious

and what is the most you have won if you have been playing numbers longitudinally

My self-picked tickets are nearly as random as quick picks. I literally just bubble in the first numbers that come to mind. 

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7302 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2016, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Just curious

Do you think anyone using a bonus number higher than 15 three years ago is still using it?

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
          Upstate NY
          United States
          Member #174656
          May 5, 2016
          754 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2016, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Do you think anyone using a bonus number higher than 15 three years ago is still using it?

If it's  between 16 and 26 then they could still use it, for Powerball.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4105 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2016, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

About a month, l change them up from time to time.l also pick my own numbers using the " convert words to numbers " feature that LP offers. Most of the words l put down are family & friends related, they mean a lot to me, so when l lose which is often - l don't feel bad. However if & when l do hit it & hit it big, l know who l will be celebrating with. Common sense..right? Smile

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19824 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2016, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I've always picked my numbers except when I didn't have the time and then I might buy a couple of QPs to just be in the game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2016, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

About a month, l change them up from time to time.l also pick my own numbers using the " convert words to numbers " feature that LP offers. Most of the words l put down are family & friends related, they mean a lot to me, so when l lose which is often - l don't feel bad. However if & when l do hit it & hit it big, l know who l will be celebrating with. Common sense..right? Smile

I wasn't aware of the "convert words to numbers" calculator.  But I have a phrase that has been going through my head for weeks now, so I decided to play the 2 sets it generated for that phrase. 

It says this method is highly scientific, so I expect to win tonight.

south el monte
                  United States
                  Member #154982
                  May 4, 2014
                  64 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2016, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

since megamillions was introduced in california in the mid 2000s. ive played the same numbers each and every drawing till things changed and i had to pick different numbers. 

same with the powerball.

Salt Lake City, UT
                    United States
                    Member #175535
                    June 21, 2016
                    11 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2016, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

I put more than five years.  If I had it to do all over again, I would have done different set every time, so if I had to stop I could.   I don't dare stop after 12 years. Every time they change the matrix, I think now I have to start all over, but then the lady who won a portion of the 1.5 billion gave me hope.  The matrix had just changed for her and she won almost immediately after playing for 7 years.   So, I look at it differently, maybe if the matrix had never changed, she most likely would have never won, same goes for me and others who play same numbers for YEARS.

SilverLion's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #165541
                      April 12, 2015
                      541 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2016, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Sirius players try and find an edge.  Some poeple are afraid to sotp after 12 years.  others are afraid to stop after 6 years.  What is the correct amount of time frame to be to stop and be upset?

United States
                        Member #165541
                        April 12, 2015
                        541 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2016, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

Just curious

What is your feeling on the numbber 47.  Chicken head?

Salt Lake City, UT
                          United States
                          Member #175535
                          June 21, 2016
                          11 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2016, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

Sirius players try and find an edge.  Some poeple are afraid to sotp after 12 years.  others are afraid to stop after 6 years.  What is the correct amount of time frame to be to stop and be upset?

When you can't afford it anymore (loss of a job, less pay)...that's the only time I would stop.

United States
                            Member #165541
                            April 12, 2015
                            541 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2016, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

When you can't afford it anymore (loss of a job, less pay)...that's the only time I would stop.

You seem to be a party fav.

I bet you buy steak with your Red Devil

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                              Marquette, MI
                              United States
                              Member #20541
                              August 20, 2005
                              705 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2016, 10:41 am - IP Logged

I have 3 sets that I changed at the last matrix change and then I add sets of my picks if the JP is high enough but the added picks always change.

So three sets for however long and then, depending on the JP, a couple few more of my picks and then maybe 2 or 3 QPs.

I just got $10 bucks with one of my "extra pick" tickets and wont be playing those numbers unless they come up as QPs.

I don't remember how much I have won on my 3 sets but I know it was $25 OR Less.

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false