Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A little Help Pls

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LucidSnow's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United States
Member #175920
July 11, 2016
2 Posts
Posted: July 11, 2016, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

hi, I'm new to this site and to lottery stuff. I'm from NY and was gonna buy a couple tickets but they said they stopped taking verbal orders. I saw on the ticket counter you can play online. In the store I was going to get Win 4 Evening but I only saw Win 4 Close Enough.

To Summarize, can you buy tickets online? Sorry for the noob questions. If I'd win, I'll remember who helped me ;) thnx

BTW Any guidance / walkthrough would be much appreciated

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4866 Posts
    Posted: July 11, 2016, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

hi, I'm new to this site and to lottery stuff. I'm from NY and was gonna buy a couple tickets but they said they stopped taking verbal orders. I saw on the ticket counter you can play online. In the store I was going to get Win 4 Evening but I only saw Win 4 Close Enough.

To Summarize, can you buy tickets online? Sorry for the noob questions. If I'd win, I'll remember who helped me ;) thnx

If they said they don't take verbal orders, they mean that they want you to fill out a play slip. Close enough is a new promotion where you can win even if you don't have the exact number. Just Google NY lottery, their website will come up and explain everything you want to know.

Good Luck and welcome to LP!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      877 Posts
      Posted: July 11, 2016, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

They do that so there are less mistakes and then they have to cancel the ticket or buy it themselves. With people's hearing in a noisy store or speaking a different native language, it is easier if everything is written down.

If they won't take verbal orders for numbers games, just take a piece of paper and write down your bets. If you play the same numbers all the time, you can fill out a bet slip.

NY Lotto does offer subscriptions.  Subscriptions are available for a few of your favorite New York Lottery games. You can purchase Mega Millions, Lotto and Cash4Life subscriptions from five weeks up to a year’s worth of drawings. Sign up at the subscriptions center by clicking the link below, and you can order, renew, and manage one or multiple accounts online. Your winnings will be automatically sent to your prize account or paid to you by check.  https://www.mynylottery.org/portal/home.do

By the way...welcome to Lottery Post. Good luck

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
        Member #175910
        July 10, 2016
        40 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2016, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

If they said they don't take verbal orders, they mean that they want you to fill out a play slip. Close enough is a new promotion where you can win even if you don't have the exact number. Just Google NY lottery, their website will come up and explain everything you want to know.

Good Luck and welcome to LP!!!

Any which way plus, I like the close enough or similar features of Pick-4 in various localitiesSmile

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2657 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2016, 4:58 am - IP Logged

we were all noobs at one time or other

welcome to the LP

ElinaSammy2081's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Bronx, NY
            United States
            Member #164554
            March 6, 2015
            794 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2016, 6:22 am - IP Logged

Hi, welcome to lottery post I am from NY too, this is the best place for you to learn about the lottery, this is where I learned too. I will suggest you go to the pick 3 forums look up New York, New York dream team, also look up Tj2win, LOTTOKING, Pick 4 New York forum you also need to look up for lottolaughs who has a lot of information, plus all the advice mentioned above hope it helps.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23261 Posts
              Posted: July 12, 2016, 11:19 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Pick 4 forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.