Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Jackpots 15 and 20 millions in Mega Millions mostly roll

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 months ago by kaseydia.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
kaseydia's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg

United States
Member #57795
January 19, 2008
188 Posts
Posted: July 15, 2016, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Unless I've over looked something, I noticed that jackpots at 15 or 20 million in Mega Million seldom win. It mostly hits when jackpots are huge. I play at all ranges. Does most people play only when jackpots are big?

Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
    Upstate NY
    United States
    Member #174656
    May 5, 2016
    775 Posts
    Posted: July 15, 2016, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Unless I've over looked something, I noticed that jackpots at 15 or 20 million in Mega Million seldom win. It mostly hits when jackpots are huge. I play at all ranges. Does most people play only when jackpots are big?

You answered your own question. In 2016, anything under $100 Million is super low and no one is going to waste money buying tickets for a chance at such absurdly low levels.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      879 Posts
      Posted: July 15, 2016, 4:43 am - IP Logged

I'm in it to win it no matter the size of the jackpot.

Whether it's just the starting amount (15 or 40 mil) or hasn't been hit in a while and reaching record amounts.

It doesn't matter since a jackpot win at any level would be "life changing" money. Even second prize of $1 mil would be gladly accepted.

$1 or $2 for a ticket is a cheap price to pay for the possible payoff and the dreams it could fulfill.

Can't win if you don't play! BananaHyperHurray!DanceWhite Bounce

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
        Philadelphia, PA
        United States
        Member #153774
        March 24, 2014
        912 Posts
        Posted: July 15, 2016, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Even if you hit 5 numbers which is impossible to do that would be cool.  Because depending on taxes and where you're at you will get a decent payout.   I like mm better rather than PB.  PB when they changed it I wasn't in favor of it. 

I'm just trying to figure out on usamega what numbers and combos to possibly play.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          South Carolina
          United States
          Member #77167
          July 15, 2009
          556 Posts
          Posted: July 15, 2016, 10:52 am - IP Logged

No matter what the jackpot is, 5 white balls will win $1 million which-- depending on taxes withheld --could net you over $600,000.  A lot of people would be happy winning a million.

wander73's avatar - Lottery-038.jpg
            Philadelphia, PA
            United States
            Member #153774
            March 24, 2014
            912 Posts
            Posted: July 15, 2016, 10:56 am - IP Logged

No matter what the jackpot is, 5 white balls will win $1 million which-- depending on taxes withheld --could net you over $600,000.  A lot of people would be happy winning a million.

A lot of people would be happy also if now I am off topic some if Congress had their pays frozen and everyone who really needs the major funds had it.

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #77167
              July 15, 2009
              556 Posts
              Posted: July 15, 2016, 10:59 am - IP Logged

A lot of people would be happy also if now I am off topic some if Congress had their pays frozen and everyone who really needs the major funds had it.

Smile as long as they can vote themselves pay raises, it will never happen.

Good luck to us with the lottery.

United States
                Member #57795
                January 19, 2008
                188 Posts
                Posted: July 15, 2016, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Glad to see some are willing to accept a small jackpot too. Good luck to whoever wins at mega, small or big.

Groppo's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #162631
                  January 7, 2015
                  506 Posts
                  Posted: July 15, 2016, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Mr./Ms. Kaseydia,

I say, YES, most people definitely play only when the jackpots are huge.

But smart people like yourself play at all ranges.

I have mentioned before, how I play every single week; every single draw.
                  (I haven't missed a single MM or PB drawing since some time in 2014. I may stop playing for good. And that worries me.)

With my luck, I know what'll happen the week I don't play.

Eventually, I hope Everyone, Everywhere will play Every week.

If I win the $1 million I've been hoping to win for years,
                  I'll be satisfied with the half million or so I'll pocket after taxes.

To All:  Good Luck on tonight's drawing.

Mr. Groppo

• Don't chase the numbers you play.
                  • Play only numbers you've already played, plus however many random picks.
                  • But, ALWAYS the regular numbers you play.  This will make you a winner, not a chaser.
                            (so far, though, I've yet to win any significant lotto prize)
                    Kingofearth's avatar - Kinnak
                    Upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #174656
                    May 5, 2016
                    775 Posts
                    Posted: July 15, 2016, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Smile as long as they can vote themselves pay raises, it will never happen.

Good luck to us with the lottery.

The Twenty-seventh Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits any law that increases or decreases the salary of members of Congress from taking effect until the start of the next set of terms of office. 

United States
                      Member #57795
                      January 19, 2008
                      188 Posts
                      Posted: July 15, 2016, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Mr./Ms. Kaseydia,

I say, YES, most people definitely play only when the jackpots are huge.

But smart people like yourself play at all ranges.

I have mentioned before, how I play every single week; every single draw.
                      (I haven't missed a single MM or PB drawing since some time in 2014. I may stop playing for good. And that worries me.)

With my luck, I know what'll happen the week I don't play.

Eventually, I hope Everyone, Everywhere will play Every week.

If I win the $1 million I've been hoping to win for years,
                      I'll be satisfied with the half million or so I'll pocket after taxes.

To All:  Good Luck on tonight's drawing.

Mr. Groppo

Thumbs Up I would be very happy and grateful too.