Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$5.00 Crossword Doubler & $10.00 Cashword

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 4 months ago by duckman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rockledge, FL.
United States
Member #176021
July 16, 2016
1 Posts
Posted: July 16, 2016, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I have been a constant Crossword Doubler player for 7 years now and notice this new style one that came out about 6 months ago has been not giving adequate winning tickets. People all around my area (Rockledge, FL.) have been complaining. Also we noticed Florida Lottery has done away with the 3 letter code that you can use to find out if you have a winning ticket. I wonder how many winners have been thrown out not realizing they missed rubbing out a few more letters.

The $10.00 1,000,000 Cashword game seems to be a farce. The first time I bought one I thought they were going to use all of the vowels like the crossword doubler  and found out I needed and "E" to complete 5 words. Well you got it, I got no E's or A's to rub off. I haven't gotten 3 words in 1 game yet for a $10.00 return. Are these games a way for Florida to get back at the people for not paying state taxes?  LOL.

United States
    Member #154236
    April 8, 2014
    1431 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2016, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

The lottery IS a state tax for all intended purposes.

Florida
      United States
      Member #172872
      February 7, 2016
      599 Posts
      Posted: July 17, 2016, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

The lottery IS a state tax for all intended purposes.

^^ 

This. It essentially is because the vast majority lose money, and an extremely small percentage win. Continuing to play long-term almost ensures a loss unless someone hits a jackpot. 

As far as the Florida crossword games, I agree with you Garee that they've sucked whenever I've played them. I've played them in Jacksonville, and Gainesville. I've encountered 6-7 losers in a row on the $10 crossword, which then had a...Drum roll....$10 "Winner"

Also, welcome to Lottery Post Garee!

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        915 Posts
        Posted: July 22, 2016, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

I have been a constant Crossword Doubler player for 7 years now and notice this new style one that came out about 6 months ago has been not giving adequate winning tickets. People all around my area (Rockledge, FL.) have been complaining. Also we noticed Florida Lottery has done away with the 3 letter code that you can use to find out if you have a winning ticket. I wonder how many winners have been thrown out not realizing they missed rubbing out a few more letters.

The $10.00 1,000,000 Cashword game seems to be a farce. The first time I bought one I thought they were going to use all of the vowels like the crossword doubler  and found out I needed and "E" to complete 5 words. Well you got it, I got no E's or A's to rub off. I haven't gotten 3 words in 1 game yet for a $10.00 return. Are these games a way for Florida to get back at the people for not paying state taxes?  LOL.

With tickets like Crossword and Bingo, it is a good idea to check them with one of the ticket scanners to make sure they were not winners...