Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you re join your family lottery pool if..

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 months ago by zephbe.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4111 Posts
Posted: July 18, 2016, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

You guys had a falling out over some members not contributing to it on a regular basis. Would you agree to pool ONLY when the jackpot rises above $300 mil plus or will you continue to fly Solo?

• Have a Great week people & as always: Stay Healthy.
  • Win something while you it.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19911 Posts
    Posted: July 18, 2016, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

never No Nod

Let it Snow Snowman

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
      Happy California
      United States
      Member #157856
      August 2, 2014
      1522 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2016, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

never No Nod

I Agree! I am flying solo with no other pilots on board.

I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better. 

Attributed to Joe E. Lewis and others

grwurston's avatar - 144
        Let's Go Rangers!!!
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4884 Posts
        Posted: July 18, 2016, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I play with 3 people only. Me, myself and I.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
          Brooklyn, NY
          United States
          Member #169723
          October 29, 2015
          879 Posts
          Posted: July 18, 2016, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

You guys had a falling out over some members not contributing to it on a regular basis. Would you agree to pool ONLY when the jackpot rises above $300 mil plus or will you continue to fly Solo?

• Have a Great week people & as always: Stay Healthy.
          • Win something while you it.

If you have problems with people not contributing regularly, you will certainly have problems if you happen to win!

Run..... run away very fast!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

United States
            Member #173496
            March 5, 2016
            93 Posts
            Posted: July 18, 2016, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I play the lottery with my/for my family

I am the only one who lives in the USA, so I buy the tickets....

When I visit or they visit my parents often give us money (not much at all)....more of a tradition thing parent to child. 

Long story short, I had them sign a partnership agreement...and who ever buys the winning ticket decides how the money is divided up. It is a four way split, and family is family.....we have our ups and downs but I would still give them something if I was the one who bought the winner.

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
              Member #106923
              February 27, 2011
              478 Posts
              Posted: July 19, 2016, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I used to play with that group as well, but then I began to suspect Myself of not cutting Me in on the winnings.  I then confronted Myself about cheating Me.  Of course there was total denial by Myself and this really upset Me.  So Me, Myself, and I agreed to dissolve our pool, a decision I am completely in agreement with considering I certainly didn't trust Myself to allow Me to hold the tickets either.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4111 Posts
                Posted: July 19, 2016, 1:09 am - IP Logged

never No Nod

Image result for cold reaction gif

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4111 Posts
                  Posted: July 19, 2016, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Image result for cold reaction gif

Brooklyn, NY
                    United States
                    Member #169723
                    October 29, 2015
                    879 Posts
                    Posted: July 19, 2016, 5:29 am - IP Logged

I used to play with that group as well, but then I began to suspect Myself of not cutting Me in on the winnings.  I then confronted Myself about cheating Me.  Of course there was total denial by Myself and this really upset Me.  So Me, Myself, and I agreed to dissolve our pool, a decision I am completely in agreement with considering I certainly didn't trust Myself to allow Me to hold the tickets either.

Good one! LOLGreen laughBang Head

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3301 Posts
                      Posted: July 19, 2016, 6:16 am - IP Logged

this happened in my family pool. one bro is sick and out of work. once his balance reached zero I asked other members if they wanted to cut him out and we had a vote. non wanted him out. so we pay for tickets and if we win he gets an equal share. i do keep track of his missing contributions. and when he gets back on his feet and contributes  the family fund will get an extra $5 a month from him till the difference is paid off.

thats just how our family roll.

im guessing if 2 of the 5 dropped out, then the thing will fold up, but 1 can be carried.

edit,

oh and if we won an amount high enough to cover his debt to the pool. we would pay the pool back and he wouldnt get a cut. ie if the pool won $500 and his debt was $100. everyone but him would get $100, and the debt would drop $100.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

CALI
                        Afghanistan
                        Member #118735
                        November 6, 2011
                        134 Posts
                        Posted: July 19, 2016, 11:36 am - IP Logged

8 Members in my Pool for the last 5-6 Years, its all good.

Nice that its all automated now

(HIT THE BIG ONE, OR BUY A SKI MASK)

Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #169723
                          October 29, 2015
                          879 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2016, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

this happened in my family pool. one bro is sick and out of work. once his balance reached zero I asked other members if they wanted to cut him out and we had a vote. non wanted him out. so we pay for tickets and if we win he gets an equal share. i do keep track of his missing contributions. and when he gets back on his feet and contributes  the family fund will get an extra $5 a month from him till the difference is paid off.

thats just how our family roll.

im guessing if 2 of the 5 dropped out, then the thing will fold up, but 1 can be carried.

edit,

oh and if we won an amount high enough to cover his debt to the pool. we would pay the pool back and he wouldnt get a cut. ie if the pool won $500 and his debt was $100. everyone but him would get $100, and the debt would drop $100.

It's nice that you still count him in even though he can't contribute to the lottery fund. Most family members treat each other differently then regular group members.

When it comes to my brother and I, we have agreed to split 50/50 no matter who buys the ticket.

I remember a story about a group of players that won, except one of the regular players had not been in to work that day and had not contributed. The next day the leader of the group went to that player and asked for his $5. Once he handed over the money, the leader of the group shook his hand and said "congratulations, you are now a millionaire"

The Meatman

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #77167
                            July 15, 2009
                            556 Posts
                            Posted: July 20, 2016, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I play alone but if I win I'll keep half and split the other half with the other 3 family members.