Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you believe that you can increase your chances?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 months ago by Sunglasses.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Sunglasses's avatar - nicebear
Zaperlopopotam
Belgium
Member #173932
March 26, 2016
976 Posts
Posted: July 19, 2016, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

If, yes, what have you found to get a better result than the expected payout average?

For all kind of games? Post your foundation with proof. Cool

Ohio
    United States
    Member #175608
    June 25, 2016
    32 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2016, 6:36 am - IP Logged

I don't believe so. Mathematically it's impossible to truly increase your chances unless you literally plan to spend thousands and even then, it depends on the game your choosing to play.

When it comes to Mega or PB, I've never had a single thought that I could increase any remote chance through buying more tickets. There's just too many numbers there...

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #77167
      July 15, 2009
      556 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2016, 7:01 am - IP Logged

People who have won more than one jackpot (draw game or scratch off).  They used some of the winnings to buy more tickets and won more money.  Melvin, the retired postal worker in Va, lady in SC who won several Cash 5 jackpots, the Tx lady Joan who lives in NV are all proof. 

The more tickets you buy the better your chances of winning.  The first win, I think is luck, persistence.  Once you win you can again.

Most people, myself included, aren't disciplined enough to focus on just ONE game to get that first win.

United States
        Member #106134
        February 13, 2011
        806 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2016, 7:46 am - IP Logged

If you buy tickets in "Can't lose" states you can increase your chances by a lot!

Zaperlopopotam
          Belgium
          Member #173932
          March 26, 2016
          976 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2016, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I found a case with mathematics and history, where a chance is increased but playing it, doesn't reach break even. The case is known and I never read it on LP or elsewhere.

Zaperlopopotam
            Belgium
            Member #173932
            March 26, 2016
            976 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2016, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

If you buy tickets in "Can't lose" states you can increase your chances by a lot!

You think PB or MM. No, there may be more winners, but probably just will not be you. You read garbage.

Zaperlopopotam
              Belgium
              Member #173932
              March 26, 2016
              976 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2016, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't believe so. Mathematically it's impossible to truly increase your chances unless you literally plan to spend thousands and even then, it depends on the game your choosing to play.

When it comes to Mega or PB, I've never had a single thought that I could increase any remote chance through buying more tickets. There's just too many numbers there...

Increasing the chances doesn't necessary mean that you go home with a jackpot or price money.

Buying more tickets? Yes, again there a lot of garbage has been written in the forums. Yes, one combinations is one chance and two different combinations give two chances.

Zaperlopopotam
                Belgium
                Member #173932
                March 26, 2016
                976 Posts
                Posted: July 20, 2016, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

People who have won more than one jackpot (draw game or scratch off).  They used some of the winnings to buy more tickets and won more money.  Melvin, the retired postal worker in Va, lady in SC who won several Cash 5 jackpots, the Tx lady Joan who lives in NV are all proof. 

The more tickets you buy the better your chances of winning.  The first win, I think is luck, persistence.  Once you win you can again.

Most people, myself included, aren't disciplined enough to focus on just ONE game to get that first win.

You can change and focus on one game if you really want to. I suppose that you don't want to.

QuickDrawDude's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #175422
                  June 15, 2016
                  59 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2016, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

For Pick 3 I have hit several times for $500 playing numbers based on my birthday. I'm currently testing a method of using numbers based in Sums and Root Sums after researching past draw history with my state lottery. I'm positive I'll hit with more consistency.

It's a Cinderella story
                  On a tumble of the dice - (Rush - The Big Money from Power Windows)

zephbe's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #77167
                    July 15, 2009
                    556 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2016, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

You can change and focus on one game if you really want to. I suppose that you don't want to.

I suppose you are correct.  There are a lot of games with different odds available.  The tendency seems to be not to limit oneself.  Play several games and hope you get lucky at one.  I don't personally know anyone who only plays one game on a regular basis.

Zaperlopopotam
                      Belgium
                      Member #173932
                      March 26, 2016
                      976 Posts
                      Posted: July 20, 2016, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

For Pick 3 I have hit several times for $500 playing numbers based on my birthday. I'm currently testing a method of using numbers based in Sums and Root Sums after researching past draw history with my state lottery. I'm positive I'll hit with more consistency.

Sums and root are only filters to create groups of combinations.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3104 Posts
                        Posted: July 20, 2016, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

When the Florida 5/26 game was in play, the simple act of playing all past winning combinations would have resulted in a number of jackpot wins until there were so many past draws the wins were no longer profitable.

Anyone with the FL 5/26 draw history and the right software can pretty much verify this by checking how often the same quads and quints were drawn, (see GH 9 Chart)

BobP

Zaperlopopotam
                          Belgium
                          Member #173932
                          March 26, 2016
                          976 Posts
                          Posted: July 20, 2016, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

When the Florida 5/26 game was in play, the simple act of playing all past winning combinations would have resulted in a number of jackpot wins until there were so many past draws the wins were no longer profitable.

Anyone with the FL 5/26 draw history and the right software can pretty much verify this by checking how often the same quads and quints were drawn, (see GH 9 Chart)

BobP

My program can do that but I don't have the history. 5/26 is a very small game compared to our 5/50 + soon 2/12 for 2.50 euros.